Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Why cant they see that there are ordered Jeeps just sitting around for months on end, and offer some sort of solution to those people who ordered them so long ago??!! How hard would it be to just build a new one and ship it right out? Or how about dedicate some staff to going out, and find all these old builds and start putting them on a damn truck?
I bet that is what they are doing. I work in a different industry and we do the same thing. We keep production humming and then peel off a team to go through the backlog and clear it over time. The problem is you have to do it in a way that doesn't impact production, which means it can take time. And logistically they probably can't start with the oldest orders first so it will be just like the rest of the build process - very unpredictable.
Sponsored

azjlur

First Name
Angie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
What caused the backlog in the first place? Is it really the railroad's fault (fewer rail cars and employees)? And now they've supposedly reversed that and added more rail cars/employees? I guess I ordered at the wrong time twice-my first order placed 12/6 STILL isn't here, and my second order from 2/26 is sitting in Marion. At this point I really want to cancel and just order a 2019 in the fall. This process has robbed me of all the fun and excitement of getting a new Jeep!

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.
Mine there as well...and only 25 miles from my dealer!!! It has been sitting there and according to Jeep Chat, it has not even shipped yet! Reaching out to my dealer today to see if he knows anything.
FYI.. when transportation from the rail yard via truck would have meant an additional delay, my dealer picked up my JLUR himself. The rail yard here in Denver is 60 miles from the dealership.

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
What caused the backlog in the first place? Is it really the railroads fault (fewer rail cars and employees)? And now they've supposedly reversed that and added more rail cars/employees? I guess I ordered at the wrong time twice-my first order placed 12/6 STILL isn't here, and my second order from 2/26 is sitting in Marion. At this point I really want to cancel and just order a 2019 in the fall. This process has robbed my of all the fun and excitement of getting a new Jeep!
This is a total crap. No one should have to wait 5+ months to get their car. Sorry to hear. I am close to canceling too. The 2019's will undoubtedly be more expensive though. It is the only reason I am hanging on.

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe
FYI.. when transportation from the rail yard via truck would have meant an additional delay, my dealer picked up my JLUR himself. The rail yard here in Denver is 60 miles from the dealership.
I already have a message in for my salesman asking exactly that. :like:

Sponsored

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU, Rivian R1S, '99 Cherokee XJ
This is a total crap. No one should have to wait 5+ months to get their car. Sorry to hear. I am close to canceling too. The 2019's will undoubtedly be more expensive though. It is the only reason I am hanging on.
Hey KZ-ers. I finally picked mine up today after ordering on 1/11 and being in KZ for 32 days. The wait suckst sucks. I would have cancelled if I wasn't completely sure I had a great offer at 5% off invoice on 1/11 pricing. They also screwed up and gave me headliners...for free. That said, this Jeep is LEGIT. Absolutely love it. Keep the faith. If you have doubts on the deal you brokered with your dealer, cancel. But I couldn't be happier...except for the key FOB...the thing is freaking huge. HUGE. So get a man purse. or fanny pack. because it's huge. Since taking the pic below I've debranded.

IMG_4334.JPG

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Hey KZ-ers. I finally picked mine up today after ordering on 1/11 and being in KZ for 32 days. The wait suckst sucks. I would have cancelled if I wasn't completely sure I had a great offer at 5% off invoice on 1/11 pricing. They also screwed up and gave me headliners...for free. That said, this Jeep is LEGIT. Absolutely love it. Keep the faith. If you have doubts on the deal you brokered with your dealer, cancel. But I couldn't be happier...except for the key FOB...the thing is freaking huge. HUGE. So get a man purse. or fanny pack. because it's huge. Since taking the pic below I've debranded.

IMG_4334.JPG
Congratulations!

Reactions: LHB

desert runner

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR MetalCloak 2.5F/3.5R, LoD Bumper/Carrier.

IMG_4334.JPG
I received the headliners, too, free of charge. In my estimation a $50 value, but hey, I’ll take it.

zodleviton

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...still waiting

IMG_4334.JPG
Nice buddy. Enjoy!...Or, as I don't hear on these forums as much anymore (because we are all so frustrated)...HAPPY TRAILS!

Sponsored

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Mine there as well...and only 25 miles from my dealer!!! It has been sitting there and according to Jeep Chat, it has not even shipped yet! Reaching out to my dealer today to see if he knows anything.
If I was that close I would have to go visit the inmate in prison! Maybe if you bribe the guards they will look the other way while you break it out :). I’m 5 hours away and can’t help but think every morning I could easily make a day trip and ease their delivery burden if only they would allow us to.

ManLovesRobot

First Name
Manus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Willys
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my JLUL Rubicon on 12/28/17. I randomly checked with Jeep Chat at the end of March and they were like good news! It will be there by 4/4/18. Then it was 4/4-4/8 now its: Sarah: We appreciate your patience with us as we launch this exciting new product. Quality is extremely important to us and the plant is taking extra time to insure the product delivered to our customers meets quality standards. The ETA is 04/10/2018 - 04/14/2018 and it has not passed that yet so your vehicle is moving along as scheduled I do apologize that you are frustrated with the process.

It is in the KZ status. I wish they would have never told me a date. Deep breaths.....

Glad to see LHB got his!

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Has anyone seen this before.
After my Jeep was built, it sat in Toledo for a while, it was moved to Swanton and sat there for a while, it was moved back to Toledo for another week, then shipped to Detroit where it has been since 4-4.
Any idea why it went to Detroit? Supposed to be coming down to Texas.
Mine got a new von and vin when it left swanton and arrived in Toledo

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my JLUL Rubicon on 12/28/17. I randomly checked with Jeep Chat at the end of March and they were like good news! It will be there by 4/4/18. Then it was 4/4-4/8 now its: Sarah: We appreciate your patience with us as we launch this exciting new product. Quality is extremely important to us and the plant is taking extra time to insure the product delivered to our customers meets quality standards. The ETA is 04/10/2018 - 04/14/2018 and it has not passed that yet so your vehicle is moving along as scheduled I do apologize that you are frustrated with the process.

It is in the KZ status. I wish they would have never told me a date. Deep breaths.....

Glad to see LHB got his!
i dont even mess with Jeep chat its a joke and causes stress