First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Rob hates me and I can't figure out why. Most unresponsive sales person I've ever met in my life. I question whether he actually wants to sell me a car.

Really funny because yesterday I received a call from the dealership's sales department asking if I was interested in buying a Jeep. I enthusiastically said "yes! yes! please sell me a jeep! please!" The poor woman on the phone was totally taken by surprise. I then explained I'd been trying to buy a car from them since January...amazing.
Most, not all, yet most, car salesmen are just looking for their next sale. Most do not understand building a relationship with a client because they typically will not see this person again for a few years, if they ever see them again.
They really don’t care other than when are they getting paid. Next!
However, where this changes, at least with my personal experience has been when you get into the high line vehicles. Completely different experience.

I have also learned to go direct to the fleet manager or the GM for my purchases/leases and avoid salesmen altogether.

The fleet manager at the jeep dealership that I have my order with were talking the other day about how bad the salesmen at his dealership are. How the majority of salesmen do not understand business owners and the way they buy vehicles. Take me for an example, I’ll call a dealership, ask for the fleet manager, tell him what I’m looking for, options, color etc that I want, what is the best deal they can do? I don’t need to see or drive the vehicle, I’m not going to have it that long and really don’t care about anything except what is it going to cost me.
If it’s a fair deal to me, email me the lease agreement and send the vehicle to my office. I don’t have time to waste at a dealership. From 2012 to date we have leased 12 vehicles and most of them have been done this way. I personally hate dealing with car salesmen and will avoid at all cost.
Sponsored

Ajn13

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@LHB yours, mine and one other now in E Brookfield. Fingers crossed they just needed mine to justify a truck :fingerscrossed: I hope they all actually land at the dealer asap.

LHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU, Rivian R1S, '99 Cherokee XJ
@LHB yours, mine and one other now in E Brookfield. Fingers crossed they just needed mine to justify a truck :fingerscrossed: I hope they all actually land at the dealer asap.
Woohoo! That's awesome. I heard back from Rob today. They don't take deliveries on the weekends so Monday at the earliest. I imagine that'll give them enough time to get yours off the train for the transport truck!

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Good luck folks!
Hope you guys get your orders next week!

Sponsored

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
It sounds like some are moving. I did break down and contact Jeep Chat. They would only confirm that I’m in KZ. My dealer says they have expedited shipping, but I have no way of truly knowing. So, as far as I know, I’m still sitting in Marion.

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have been chosen..... will post pics when I pick up. Good luck to you all. Looks like things are moving along now.

Yellow109r

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLUR, Bright White
Occupation
Aircraft Industrial Engineer for the DoD
Vehicle Showcase
Delivery date slipped again :no::no::headbang:

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
I have been chosen..... will post pics when I pick up. Good luck to you all. Looks like things are moving along now.
That’s what it feels like...the chosen one :cwl:

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
ETA pushed back again
Originally 4/1-4/11
Next 4/4-4/10
Now 4/13-4/17
But now the tracking finally says Gate Out
Does that mean it's finally left the womb that is the Toledo plant and is out in the world?
Hopefully the journey from Toledo to IL doesn't take too long

STL J-Hawk

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silver 2018 JLUS!, 2016 Tahoe

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ETA pushed back again
Originally 4/1-4/11
Next 4/4-4/10
Now 4/13-4/17
But now the tracking finally says Gate Out
Does that mean it's finally left the womb that is the Toledo plant and is out in the world?
Hopefully the journey from Toledo to IL doesn't take too long
Yes. Was for me.
Sponsored