Kudos to Jeep!

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
I’m surprised there is not a general thread giving shout outs to Jeep JLs.
I am impressed. We have >600 miles on our JLR.

The transmission shifts is the smoothest I’ve ever felt. Better than our 2014 Porsche, better then our 2009 Mercedes, similar to our 2013 Lincoln MKZ with CVT.

Of course there are design decisions that could have been better. I’d suggest Jeep fly in a group of JL owners for a long weekend to conduct focus groups and really nail it.
Sponsored

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue

The transmission shifts is the smoothest I’ve ever felt. Better than our 2014 Porsche, better then our 2009 Mercedes, similar to our 2013 Lincoln MKZ with CVT.

Of course there are design decisions that could have been better. I’d suggest Jeep fly in a group of JL owners for a long weekend to conduct focus groups and really nail it.
Totally agree. My JLUS is perfect, love the Ocean Blue on Katzkin tan, everything has been upgraded from the JK, fantastic commuter car into Wash DC as it's big enough for 4 or 4 1/2 people not too big to park, reverse camera is solid, even the horn delay on the JK has been fixed. Now I can honk at all these liberal Prius drivers on their cell phone without delay :)

The roads here are so bad but the jeep doesn't care. All these thin walled tire on BMW 5series have to slow down and drive around the holes in the road . . . not me, get out of the way Jeep is coming through.

OP
OP
Grousemont

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Grousemont

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally agree. My JLUS is perfect, love the Ocean Blue on Katzkin tan, everything has been upgraded from the JK, fantastic commuter car into Wash DC as it's big enough for 4 or 4 1/2 people not too big to park, reverse camera is solid, even the horn delay on the JK has been fixed. Now I can honk at all these liberal Prius drivers on their cell phone without delay :)

The roads here are so bad but the jeep doesn't care. All these thin walled tire on BMW 5series have to slow down and drive around the holes in the road . . . not me, get out of the way Jeep is coming through.
I can’t help myself...how do you get half a person in your vehicle? :)
Also I know 5 people that drive a Prius, they are all really poor drivers (and do happen to be liberal).

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Hah...thanks. I searched a few terms and nothing really came up. “Uplifting...” or “Kudos” I like it short and succinct. :)
Succinct... ? Wow... a bar of soap may be in order for that mouth... do you use that kinda language around your family? ;)
Good Scrabble word...

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Hah...thanks. I searched a few terms and nothing really came up. “Uplifting...” or “Kudos” I like it short and succinct. :)
He went to college.

OP
OP
Grousemont

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
He went to college.
Well I guess if your going to out me like that, I should revise and not be redundant. Strike “short and” :)

CanAmMick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JL, 2017 Honda Pilot Touring
Occupation
USAF Retired Helicopter mechanic

I totally agree! This is our first Jeep and we’re loving it. With only 3200 miles so far we’re having a lot of fun with it. Been to some places that we would have never made it to without a Jeep.

Bswen

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara

I had 6 full grown men in mine for a 1 mile trip to the bar... 5 would be no problem. 4.5 people would be messy...blood everywhere and such

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
I can’t help myself...how do you get half a person in your vehicle? :)
Poor Horatio!
Anybody that gets that reference will be at least as old as I am....or watches to many old reruns!:giggle:
Sponsored