Sponsored

tgoss

First Name
Tal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Jeep JLUR
Ordered my JL with Craig and the guy has been extremely helpful, even after I changed my order from what I originally had him price out. Looking forward to receiving this thing and hopefully keeping it mild.
Sponsored

KeJaCo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 WJ
Occupation
SCADA Field Service Tech
I ordered a JL from Craig back in mid-January and got to pick it up this past Saturday!

The entire transaction went smoothly unlike my flight up to DC :). Overall I give the experience an A-minus; Craig exceeded expectations as he is very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. However, I do have to knock a few points off due to the finance department (which has always been the case in my car buying history).

The price that Craig quoted me was the price I paid and no surprise forced dealer addons like nitrogen filled tires, "special" air fresheners, etc, etc. Plus he gave me a very thorough "tour" of my new Jeep before finally sending me on my long way home. And I can't forget the FULL TANK OF GAS!

The finance department wasn't very pushy BUT they did try the typical finance department schemes (overpriced service plans, GAP insurance and a much higher than justified interest rate). In the end I got the interest rate lowered closer to where it should be for my credit profile but I'll still refinance in 3 months to even lower rate.

So would I buy from Craig and Koons again? YES. I know if I put in a lot more effort I could have found a dealer in Florida to come close to Craig's pricing but I wanted to make a pit stop to see a friend in North Carolina and would continue to make pit stops there as long as my friend is still in NC.
At Koons.jpg

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
So how is he selling them this cheap and no other dealer will even think about selling them this cheap ?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
So how is he selling them this cheap and no other dealer will even think about selling them this cheap ?
Koons has done a 5% below invoice group buy dating back to the JK, and they have simply extended this to the JL. The extra volume they get from these "dealer order" sales ups their volume enough to earn the bonuses that make it cost effective. They are still selling plenty off the floor the usual way, and the dealer order sales take little time/effort on their part to close. Additionally, invoice price no longer represents the true cost to dealer to buy the car, as they have been so inflated in the past 20 years that they include tons of manufacturer profits that then get doled out back to the dealers in the form of incentives, holdback and kick backs.
There are actually many dealers in many places who are selling them this cheap (or close). The forum has threads for 5% under invoice deals in Vegas, Idaho, Arkansas, Jersey, Indiana and Massachusetts that I'm aware of, with many, many more local dealers matching those prices on a case-by-case basis in Florida, Texas, Cali, NC, et al. Seek and ye shall find...

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I love to see dealers taking care of people like this and then you got dealers that tell you there's no way anyone can sell this cheap they're losing money that were in business to make money not lose money whatever. y'all wouldn't be doing these kind of deals if you were losing money they're just jealous they can't operate at this level they want to make higher profits and put them in your pocket. Some dealers toll me I was crazy and walked away and said they would never sell that cheap

Sponsored

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I love to see dealers taking care of people like this and then you got dealers that tell you there's no way anyone can sell this cheap they're losing money that were in business to make money not lose money whatever. y'all wouldn't be doing these kind of deals if you were losing money they're just jealous they can't operate at this level they want to make higher profits and put them in your pocket. Some dealers toll me I was crazy and walked away and said they would never sell that cheap
I hear you. Nobody on my island will even entertain an offer that low. They all cry "Profit!" and claim they can't lose money on a car. F-them, I'll travel to Idaho from here out of spite (thankfully, Koons is a lot closer).

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Greed really sucks. Thankfully Koons and a few other dealers are offering fair and transparent pricing.

Honda and Acura dealers are notorious for being greedy. Saw the new Civic Type R and the dealer wanted $10k above MSRP. Ridiculous.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Just like the Ford Raptor most dealers are getting above sticker. my friend paid 6000 over sticker he said his Ford Raptor cost him $70,000. It must had a lot of stuff on it I guess. I know it's an expensive vehicle to begin with

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Can’t see how anyone pays over sticker unless it’s a limited run vehicle and still I would hesitate. I paid MSRP once for our Honda Pilot and I’ll never do it again. It was the new redesign and the first one they had on the lot. You can buy a 2018 now for $500 below invoice.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Can’t see how anyone pays over sticker unless it’s a limited run vehicle and still I would hesitate. I paid MSRP once for our Honda Pilot and I’ll never do it again. It was the new redesign and the first one they had on the lot. You can buy a 2018 now for $500 below invoice.
Greed really sucks. Thankfully Koons and a few other dealers are offering fair and transparent pricing.

Honda and Acura dealers are notorious for being greedy. Saw the new Civic Type R and the dealer wanted $10k above MSRP. Ridiculous.
Yeah, first run can get expensive. But not all Honda dealers are as corrupt. Got my wife's '17 Pilot last February for about $300 above invoice, and finalized a deal this January for a Civic Type R (I was considering getting one to hold me over a while before ordering a JL) for $1200 below MSRP (still not invoice, but way better than $10k over). Never closed on the R, and I know it's been out for a little while now, but Honda guys can be decent.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
True. Glad these forums exist to guide us in finding the right dealers.

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Please anyone who is looking for the 5% under invoice deal through Koons to ONLY CONTACT ME!!! DO NOT CONTACT ANYONE ELSE AT THE DEALERSHIP BEFORE CONTACTING ME!! I am the only who runs the program. If you contact anyone else other then myself through the dealership, you will not get the 5%.

Thanks,

Craig

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
2952208B-BE6E-4328-937F-53BFAD39FB4F.jpeg
Picked up my Sting Gray Rubicon from a Craig last week! Great guy to deal with and dealership to work with in general. This was the smoothest and best car buying experience I have ever had! Everything was as expected and Craig was helpful through the entire process! I will definitely buy from him again!

Thanks for the wonderful experience Craig! I’ll be seeing you for another purchase in the future !!

subaruski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Golf R
Who is the Idaho dealer offering this?

The forum has threads for 5% under invoice deals in Vegas, Idaho, Arkansas, Jersey, Indiana and Massachusetts that I'm aware of, with many, many more local dealers matching those prices on a case-by-case basis in Florida, Texas, Cali, NC, et al. Seek and ye shall find...

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Who is the Idaho dealer offering this?
Dennis Dillon in Caldwell. Some people have reported well over 5% below. In fact, many drive from 1000 miles away to buy from there. One of the best Jeep dealers in the country as far as savings. Make sure you find the right contact person, though. It's on the forum in a few places. Search and save thousands, no joke. Koon's is still the favorite for ease of sale and great JLWrangler forum support, but is you can't get to the east coast, go to Dillon's.
Sponsored