First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I don't follow. All new cars include a Doc/Processing fee. That fee is on top of the selling price. Same is true of Tread Lightly. Every state is different and Virginia happens to be pretty high though not the highest. Your state may be lower and then you can take it into consideration. Any dealer will tell you what their doc fee is.

More info:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopping/buying-a-car-what-is-a-doc-fee-226843

People keep trying to find the catch in the Koon's deal. You can try and find a better deal. But at least you can negotiate knowing that this is an option and you know exactly what you will pay.

As far as the cons, there are several, but Koon's is very up front about them:

1 - The deposit is non-refundable
2 - Only applies to factory orders
3 - You are responsible for getting up there and getting home (they will pick you up from the airport or train station but that is it)
4 - Since you are buying out of town, if there is an issue it is harder to get back to the dealer to make it right
5 - Because it is long distance dealing with trade-ins and financing can be more difficult
6 - They won't do lease financing until the vehicle has shipped from the factory

The price is real and I've never heard of a lower no-haggle price (other than the previous years' Koon's group buy prices!)

@Koons_of_Tysons_Corner please correct me if I got anything wrong.
You are correct up until #4. Since you are buying out of town, it is hard to bring it back to the dealer here, however pending the issue, you can always take it back to your closest dealership. If it is a warranty problem, any Jeep dealership in the United States and Canad can fix it. If it is a non warranty problem, pending the issue, you can always take it to your closest dealership, and we can help out with payment of it.

Also #5 is not a problem at all. We are a big volume dealer, so we work with a lot of different banks. So financing is actually very easy. You are also more then welcome to provide your own financing. But we work with over 50 banks to my knowledge, so financing is actually quite easy.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Lexus RX 400h
You are correct up until #4. Since you are buying out of town, it is hard to bring it back to the dealer here, however pending the issue, you can always take it back to your closest dealership. If it is a warranty problem, any Jeep dealership in the United States and Canad can fix it. If it is a non warranty problem, pending the issue, you can always take it to your closest dealership, and we can help out with payment of it.

Also #5 is not a problem at all. We are a big volume dealer, so we work with a lot of different banks. So financing is actually very easy. You are also more then welcome to provide your own financing. But we work with over 50 banks to my knowledge, so financing is actually quite easy.
Your deal sounds great to me, @Koons_of_Tysons_Corner... pity a Bay Stater (Massachusetts) can't participate. Please let me know if that changes!

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I don't follow. All new cars include a Doc/Processing fee.
My last Jeep had a 160 doc fee, not 599. So call it a 4% under invoice deal. Like I said, still a good deal. But then if you have to ship or drive a long distance that offsets this. My last Jeep was 3% under invoice and I expect to get close to that with my JL with a local dealer. I am not being critical of Koons offer. Just need to add everything to get apple-to-apples.

Evanm14

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 New Compass (lemon)
Hello,

I was just wondering if you will get 2 door JL's before Febuary? I might be interested in the Sport S with the 2.O L turbo hardtop.

Evan

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
My last Jeep had a 160 doc fee, not 599. So call it a 4% under invoice deal. Like I said, still a good deal. But then if you have to ship or drive a long distance that offsets this. My last Jeep was 3% under invoice and I expect to get close to that with my JL with a local dealer. I am not being critical of Koons offer. Just need to add everything to get apple-to-apples.
Doc fees vary by state. Illinois is much less than Virginia.

See this (little dated. from 2011):

http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/482-documentation-fees-by-state.shtml

Koon's is in line for Virginia. Doc fees are never included in selling price. They are included in Out the Door price. You are confusing the issue.

Yes you need to figure out the door price and yes it may not make sense for you. But that doesn't mean it is not 5% below invoice.

And I am not shilling for Koon's. When I almost ordered a 16 JKU I found a local dealer willing to do about 3.5% below invoice and I decided to do that even though I am only 4-5 hours away from Koon's. But 3% may be harder to come by on JLUs and it is good to have the option.

Sponsored

James

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2018 Jaguar XE, 2018 Fiat 500E
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Of course CA where I’m located is out!
I’m currently waiting on the diesel JLU rubicon fully loaded, however at 5% below invoice I would seriously consider ordering a fully loaded JLU rubicon now and sell it when the diesel comes out. Darn!

theplankeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
Just to be clear, doc fees are not dictated by government of any kind. Dealers in a certain area may in general have higher doc fees (or none), but that is their choice. Back office expenses may be higher due to them having to collect and manage taxes (Arkansas does not do this at the dealership). However, state law does not dictate that they do that.

Real estate, toilet paper, and employee benefits may be higher in certain areas, but they do not charge anything like a toilet paper fee or employee benefits fee.

Document fees are just something that sounds like a requirement. People have grown accustom to them and do not question them much when in the finance guy’s office. $599 is excessive, but I would not question it with this deal.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just to be clear, doc fees are not dictated by government of any kind. Dealers in a certain area may in general have higher doc fees (or none), but that is their choice. Back office expenses may be higher due to them having to collect and manage taxes (Arkansas does not do this at the dealership). However, state law does not dictate that they do that.

Real estate, toilet paper, and employee benefits may be higher in certain areas, but they do not charge anything like a toilet paper fee or employee benefits fee.

Document fees are just something that sounds like a requirement. People have grown accustom to them and do not question them much when in the finance guy’s office. $599 is excessive, but I would not question it with this deal.
True, but there are caps on doc fees in some states.

Found this on Google so it must be true.

http://firstapprovalsource.com/National-Doc-Fee-Guidelines.pdf

banessi

First Name
Blair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon (Hard Top, Granite), 2013 Wrangler JK Sahara (Soft Top, Commando Green)
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just up from you in Columbia/EC MD. Short drive down. Sent you an email. Looks like I may have to rethink my Ourisman order.

Sponsored

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
But that doesn't mean it is not 5% below invoice.

When I almost ordered a 16 JKU I found a local dealer willing to do about 3.5% below invoice
Just depends how you do the math.....my point is you need to add up everything to do a good apples-to-apples comparison.. My 2015 JK was almost 3% under invoice including doc and license fees, etc.. Then IL sales tax was added to that to give me my final out the door cost.

Jeepster2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Hi Craig,

About 20 mins from your dealership so will definitely be in touch.

Is this valid on vehicles on the lot AND those ordered?

Koons Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram is proud to announce the Group Buy Program for the new 2018 JL's!

Currently all JL's will be 5% under invoice!

WE CANNOT SELL TO CUSTOMERS IN MA OR CA DUE TO STRICT TITLE/REGISTRATION/TAX POLICIES THOSE STATES HAVE.

If you follow the thread on other forums you know that I do not play games or tricks on the numbers. It's the real deal.

ONLY Contact me, Craig Benner (Internet Manager) at [email protected] (preferred method) or TEXT ONLY at 570-556-0451 for questions, concerns or to simply let me know exact Jeep you are looking to order.

Price INCLUDES freight and excludes your state's taxes, tags and $599 processing.

UPDATE: Group Buy DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DISCOUNTS SUCH AS, AAA, TRUECAR OR ANY OTHER DISCOUNTS THAT ARE NOT REBATE RELATED.

WE WILL NOT REIMBURSE FOR FLIGHTS OR ANY OTHER MODE OF TRANSPORTATION TO GET TO THE DEALERSHIP. WE WILL GLADLY PICK YOU UP FROM THE LOCAL AIRPORTS (DULLES AND REAGAN NATIONAL ONLY)

WE ALSO DO NOT SHIP VEHICLES. IF YOU WANT THE VEHICLE SHIPPED, THAT IS SOMETHING THAT YOU WOULD HAVE TO HANDLE AS WE DO NOT SHIP VEHICLES.

I understand that Koons is not always the closest dealership. I also understand that it's easy for me to provide the invoice and pricing for people to take to their local dealerships in hopes that they will come close to the price the Group Buy offers.

Koons is more than just a price, it's an experience. I do my best to make sure we have the best price and that the customer service is exceptional. I promise you, even though your local dealership may be closer in distance.... You'll spend more time and effort with them than you will making the trip to see my smiling face. I make this process quick, easy and painless. So it is 100% worth the trip not only to collect this deal, but also for the experience.

Side Note: I can do the Group Program on other vehicles as well, so you are more then welcome to inquire about others as well.

muttschu

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Wrangler Unlimited
I have a question about the destination fee and the factory to dealership shipping. When I purchased my 2007 JK there was a dealership in NC that was ordering similarly to yours. They said they would send me the quote and even if you didn't order through them you could use it to negotiate locally. They also said if I ordered through them that when it left the factory the destination would be my local dealership and I could go and pick it up there when it arrived. Could you change the destination when ordered to arrive at my local dealership because I would already be paying for shipping?
Also, would this ordering be available for the Scrambler in the fall of 2018?
Thanks for the info!
Sponsored