Koons Group Buy Program for 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL -- 5% under invoice

snelldogg

First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC Sahara ETA 2/3
The 599 processing is a standard dealership fee. Every dealership has one. And for the Group Buy Program, the destination is already included.

"Price INCLUDES freight and excludes your state's taxes, tags and $599 processing."

Got it, thanks Craig!
Sponsored

K9Jeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 392XR
That's going to be pretty hard to beat!

One question though. You state it cannot be combined with other offers, but things like rebates ($500 military) would stack, correct?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
That's going to be pretty hard to beat!

One question though. You state it cannot be combined with other offers, but things like rebates ($500 military) would stack, correct?
Correct. Military would be able to be stacked. Along with Tread Lightly, any affiliate and the rare "Golden Tickets". We just don't do TrueCar, AAA, Costco, ect...

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Correct. Military would be able to be stacked. Along with Tread Lightly, any affiliate and the rare "Golden Tickets". We just don't do TrueCar, AAA, Costco, ect...
So if I have an affiliate code through work I can get 6% off invoice?

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
So if I have an affiliate code through work I can get 6% off invoice?
No, because we are already doing 5% under, it is not stack able. However, so it does not go to waste, it would be an additional $250 off. Same as Tread Lightly. As long as you can provide me with the code.

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
I'm sorry for my confusion. It says freight is included, but further down it says we do not ship vehicles?
Freight is the charge to get the vehicle to from the dealership to the factory. That is the standard fee that you see on the window sticker (Destination). That fee is already included in the Group Discount. Now when I mean I do not ship vehicles, I mean the Jeep will come here straight from factory. Once it gets here, I DO NOT SHIP THE VEHICLE TO YOU. Meaning you would either have to come here to pick it up or you would have to handle shipping on your own.

Sponsored

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Tread Lightly pays you back 2%.
That should be more than enough to waive the $599.00 fee?!

OP
OP
Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Koons_of_Tysons_Corner

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.koonsjeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler
Tread Lightly pays you back 2%.
That should be more than enough to waive the $599.00 fee?!
I understand, but because we are already doing 5% under invoice, I can only do $250 off. Plus tax, tags, and 599 processing.

BDJeep1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon on order
I understand, but because we are already doing 5% under invoice, I can only do $250 off. Plus tax, tags, and 599 processing.
The 599 fee is about 1.5% of invoice (invoice approx 40000 to 45000 for the way a lot of people are building their jeeps). So really this is about 3.5% under invoice. Still a pretty good deal but I think a more accurate way to look at it?

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The 599 fee is about 1.5% of invoice (invoice approx 40000 to 45000 for the way a lot of people are building their jeeps). So really this is about 3.5% under invoice. Still a pretty good deal but I think a more accurate way to look at it?
I don't follow. All new cars include a Doc/Processing fee. That fee is on top of the selling price. Same is true of Tread Lightly. Every state is different and Virginia happens to be pretty high though not the highest. Your state may be lower and then you can take it into consideration. Any dealer will tell you what their doc fee is.

More info:

https://www.autotrader.com/car-shopping/buying-a-car-what-is-a-doc-fee-226843

People keep trying to find the catch in the Koon's deal. You can try and find a better deal. But at least you can negotiate knowing that this is an option and you know exactly what you will pay.

As far as the cons, there are several, but Koon's is very up front about them:

1 - The deposit is non-refundable
2 - Only applies to factory orders
3 - You are responsible for getting up there and getting home (they will pick you up from the airport or train station but that is it)
4 - Since you are buying out of town, if there is an issue it is harder to get back to the dealer to make it right
5 - Because it is long distance dealing with trade-ins and financing can be more difficult
6 - They won't do lease financing until the vehicle has shipped from the factory

The price is real and I've never heard of a lower no-haggle price (other than the previous years' Koon's group buy prices!)

@Koons_of_Tysons_Corner please correct me if I got anything wrong.
Sponsored