Sponsored

Knocking when shaking JL side to side

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hi All - have the AEV lift with Teraflex front and rear track bars. I decided to check the setup out after it had been on for a while and grabbed the front bumper and shook the Jeep side to side. I noticed a knocking noise when doing so.

I can’t tell if it’s coming from the track bar or the axles. My son’s jeep does the same thing, but it has exactly the same suspension and track bars on it.

Is this normal?
Sponsored

WontonJLUR

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
No.

Have a helper rock the Jeep back and forth while you inspect every part of the suspension.

Jeep&dogs

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUr
Hi All - have the AEV lift with Teraflex front and rear track bars. I decided to check the setup out after it had been on for a while and grabbed the front bumper and shook the Jeep side to side. I noticed a knocking noise when doing so.

I can’t tell if it’s coming from the track bar or the axles. My son’s jeep does the same thing, but it has exactly the same suspension and track bars on it.

Is this normal?
Is it coming from the read end? The rear axel shafts will knock around like that when rocking the jeep from side to side.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Is it coming from the read end? The rear axel shafts will knock around like that when rocking the jeep from side to side.
Coming from the front end. Feels like it's coming from the bushing on the axle end of the front track bar. Had my son shake it while I was under it.

Going to try re-tightening it again. Hopefully it's not a failed bushing.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Pulled the track bar and the noise stopped. Seems the bearing in the Teraflex track bar has some movement in it. Sent a video of it over to Teraflex for confirmation. Waiting on them to confirm next steps, if any.
Sponsored