Knocking sound underneath when carrying cargo weight

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone else having a knocking/pinging sound coming from the suspension (rear sounds like) when loading up your jeep? Sounds like something hitting tin/metal on some sort of rotation. The faster I go the faster the knock. Only happens when I load the jeep up with weight, and not a lot of weight. Happens when going straight, but is more pronounced when making a right turn (not necessarily a sharp right turn). I have 2.5 Teraflex spacer lift and thats it.
Advertisement

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone else having a knocking/pinging sound coming from the suspension (rear sounds like) when loading up your jeep? Sounds like something hitting tin/metal on some sort of rotation. The faster I go the faster the knock. Only happens when I load the jeep up with weight, and not a lot of weight. Happens when going straight, but is more pronounced when making a right turn (not necessarily a sharp right turn). I have 2.5 Teraflex spacer lift and thats it.
No takers on this one? It's getting worse. I heard it a few days ago when I was riding with my daughter who barely weighs 100lbs. It increases with speed, and becomes even more pronounced when turning (not sure if it's a right or left turn). Seems to be coming from the rear. Impossible to carry any kind of weight such as mulch or tools at this point. As much is I would like to take to the dealer or the place that installed my 2.5 spacer lift, it ain't worth catching covid-19 over. I could speculate and say it started after the lift. I Seriously, need some input on this one.

D60

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well, there was sometimes an issue of the rear d/s rubbing the gas tank skid. Look at the left vertical wall of the skid for any marks or any wear rings on the d/s

viper88

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T
No takers on this one? It's getting worse. I heard it a few days ago when I was riding with my daughter who barely weighs 100lbs. It increases with speed, and becomes even more pronounced when turning (not sure if it's a right or left turn). Seems to be coming from the rear. Impossible to carry any kind of weight such as mulch or tools at this point. As much is I would like to take to the dealer or the place that installed my 2.5 spacer lift, it ain't worth catching covid-19 over. I could speculate and say it started after the lift. I Seriously, need some input on this one.
Unless someone installed the exact same lift, we won't be much help. Even then we can't see it. It's possible they installed something incorrectly. I think you will have to have whoever installed the lift take a look at it. At the very least crawl under and take a look for any obvious signs of rubbing. Look at the lift they installed. Check the exhaust hangers. Look for loose parts.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement