NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
After my lift was installed between 10 and 20 mph when not hitting the gas I am getting a knocking sound sounds like possibly from the rear drive shaft and one have a fix for this?? I know on my Tacoma I added a driveshaft spacer after my lift to adjust the driveshaft angle anyone else experiencing this problem after a lift?
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Is it a constant knock, or a random occasional knock?

If constant, 2.5 shouldn't be enough lift to cause issue with the rear drive shaft. If it was a taller lift, I'd suggest adjustable control arms.

There could be a driveshaft issue if the axle was dropped too much without disconnecting the shaft during install of the lift. Additionally, improper re-install if it was disconnected can cause issues.

If it is more of an intermittent knock, it could be a few things. 1. Over torqued or under torqued components. 2. A bushing sitting funny. 3. The coil spacers. Make certain they are installed from top to bottom: Spacer, factory isolator, coil spring. If they are out of order they will make a thump and crackling noise.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is it a constant knock, or a random occasional knock?

If constant, 2.5 shouldn't be enough lift to cause issue with the rear drive shaft. If it was a taller lift, I'd suggest adjustable control arms.

There could be a driveshaft issue if the axle was dropped too much without disconnecting the shaft during install of the lift. Additionally, improper re-install if it was disconnected can cause issues.

If it is more of an intermittent knock, it could be a few things. 1. Over torqued or under torqued components. 2. A bushing sitting funny. 3. The coil spacers. Make certain they are installed from top to bottom: Spacer, factory isolator, coil spring. If they are out of order they will make a thump and crackling noise.
It’s not a spacer lift so I know that’s not the issue, it makes the noise between 10 and 20 mph all the time I will have to get under and check on the torque of the bolts or just see if I notice anything that seems out of place I’ll have to contact the shop to see if they disconnected the driveshaft during install

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same sound, between about 7-16 mph 2 or 3rd gear with foot off gas and slowing down, can’t seem to figure it out( driveshaft, rear diff, suspension, wheel bearing) no clue! Knocking rotational noise and I can feel it also. I have a coil lift, 2.5 rubicon express

Reactions: J0E

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same sound, between about 7-16 mph 2 or 3rd gear with foot off gas and slowing down, can’t seem to figure it out( driveshaft, rear diff, suspension, wheel bearing) no clue! Knocking rotational noise and I can feel it also. I have a coil lift, 2.5 rubicon express
Glad I’m not the only one my buddy just bought a lifted Sahara with the Jeep lift already installed and his is also making the same noise

D Arnett

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR 2.0t wrangler
I also have a constant knock between 3rd and 2nd only off the gas or steadily slowing down dealer appointment in a week. Checked every bolt under checked everything lol

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I also have a constant knock between 3rd and 2nd only off the gas or steadily slowing down dealer appointment in a week. Checked every bolt under checked everything lol
Keep me updated it’s annoying at this point

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
I get the same thing! It's driving me mad! for me its pretty noticeable between 8-35 mph with foot off the gas. I really want it gone!

I have a 2.5 JKS with RK front adjustable control arms.

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Does anyone that experience this have aftermarket rear control arms or is everyone stock? I have stock for now.
Sponsored