Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I took it to the dealership Thursday.

I had two noises for them to look at. This one and another noise I have. I gave detailed instructions on how to verify the noises, and of course, they didn't hear anything.

So I'm going down tomorrow to show them and demonstrate the noises.

The other dealership in town verified my other noise, but said that my pads and rotors were corroded and were making the popping noise. They wanted $660.

I hate dealerships.
660 for pads and rotors! dear God.
Sponsored

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
660 for pads and rotors! dear God.
Yep, ridiculous. I done them myself for a little over $220. I had to. They noted it on a vehicle inspection of which I had to rectify.

And no, it didn't fix the problem. I and they knew it wouldn't. I haven't been back there. They get good reviews too.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
20k mile update on the AD rear axle.
My passenger side axle seal wore out and was leaking. Ordered the parts myself and spent an afternoon at my cousins place using his lift to replace.
Rear diff oil looked good when we drained it. There has been zero issues with any knocking...and I'm running 35"s instead of 33"s now.
So, so far so good! But I'm still planning on going ARB rear locker when I finally re-gear though.

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Now, I don't know what color Mopar dif fluid is, but this is dark, right? This has 10k miles on it.

Seems I saw some folks saying their dif fluid was dark that was having issues.
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 IMG_5183.JPG

Last edited:

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Now, I don't know what color Mopar dif fluid is, but this is dark, right? This has 10k miles on it.

Diff fluid in a LSD is going to be dark by nature after any decent amount of use. It's the glitter and chunks that get you.

Sponsored

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I put my phone in the storage compartment in the back. Is this the noise people are hearing?

All of mine were nothing like that. It was a constant thunking sound while decelerating/coasting around 10-20 mph. I've got loud Magnaflow exhaust, so it was hard to pinpoint for the dealer, but once I removed the rear cargo cover it was obvious.

Rogue321

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
All of mine were nothing like that. It was a constant thunking sound while decelerating/coasting around 10-20 mph. I've got loud Magnaflow exhaust, so it was hard to pinpoint for the dealer, but once I removed the rear cargo cover it was obvious.
Mine does it when decelerating and coasting, especially down hill. The noises that I have on video from previously are all from inside the vehicle.

I got this one yesterday. You can hear it better the slower I get. If this isn't the sound people are hearing, this might not be my issue. But I did notice after going to bigger tires and wheels. I put the old tires and wheels back on and I did hear it a time or two, but was very faint and but not nearly as often

Sponsored

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Mine does it when decelerating and coasting, especially down hill. The noises that I have on video from previously are all from inside the vehicle.

I got this one yesterday. You can hear it better the slower I get. If this isn't the sound people are hearing, this might not be my issue. But I did notice after going to bigger tires and wheels. I put the old tires and wheels back on and I did hear it a time or two, but was very faint and but not nearly as often

Sounds like it's gone bad from that video. It was louder for me on 33"s vs the stock setup.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper

thats fine. the LSD additive makes it dark too.

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018

This is the noise i have. Dealer acknowledge but said nothing to investigate until noise gets worse. Ooened both diff and all is fine. Mime sounds louder but the toc toc toc when decelerating is the same.

You know what's causing it?
Sponsored