Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂
Is this what you guys are hearing? Sounds like someone jumping on a shitty spring mattress
Sponsored

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Axel was replaced. So far so good. Just under 1000 miles no issues. No knock like when I first go the Jeep (reversing at the time). Will update it anything changes.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Well it finally happened to me. I heard a faint clunk a few times starting from a stop. I lifted the rear up and I could hear the fault while hand rotating the wheels.

Fortunately, I have a great dealership and they took my word for it and opened up the rear diff... Lots of metal. They are rebuilding the rear end with new (updated p/n) bearings, so we'll see how this goes.

For the record, I'm at 22k, changed diff fluid at 5k, still had issues.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Well it finally happened to me. I heard a faint clunk a few times starting from a stop. I lifted the rear up and I could hear the fault while hand rotating the wheels.

Fortunately, I have a great dealership and they took my word for it and opened up the rear diff... Lots of metal. They are rebuilding the rear end with new (updated p/n) bearings, so we'll see how this goes.

For the record, I'm at 22k, changed diff fluid at 5k, still had issues.
I also had the knock on my Dana 44 after having the Mopar lift installed by the dealer. They ended up replacing my rear shaft and my rear differential. It’s been about 6 weeks so far so good. I’ll keep everyone posted if I have any other issues. Good luck everyone. Onward to the next MOD.

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
That's great that they listened to you. I hope it works out. Mine is holding up so far after the second time getting it fixed. Still has that knock on acceleration and deceleration like there's too much play in the system, but I guess I'll have to wait for it to get bad till I can take it in again.

Sponsored

Coth12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door
I now have 10k miles on the fix and so far so good. Fingers crossed.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Has anyone had an axle failure or been left of the side of the road from this or is it just a noise?

RedSledES

First Name
KMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Just bought my 2018 JLUS with the Dana 44 rear axle due to the tow package. I've only got 22k miles. I'm so glad I found this thread because the noise is exactly what I am hearing in 3rd with deceleration. Couldn't get it to make the sound when I took my mechanic with me. I'll for sure be having him check the rear diff and showing him the video, but thinking out loud... should I save myself the time and effort with a local mechanic and open a ticket with @JeepCares ? Appreciate any input and experiences you've had with the warranty.

Cheers!

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just bought my 2018 JLUS with the Dana 44 rear axle due to the tow package. I've only got 22k miles. I'm so glad I found this thread because the noise is exactly what I am hearing in 3rd with deceleration. Couldn't get it to make the sound when I took my mechanic with me. I'll for sure be having him check the rear diff and showing him the video, but thinking out loud... should I save myself the time and effort with a local mechanic and open a ticket with @JeepCares ? Appreciate any input and experiences you've had with the warranty.

Cheers!
Thanks for tagging our team here. If you need assistance while working with your dealership for repairs, please send us a private message.

Kate
Jeep Cares

RedSledES

First Name
KMC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUS
Mechanic checked the diff fluid and it was nearly empty and full of metal shards. Poor thing shredded itself. Waiting now to hear back on warranty replacement and how long that will take. Wondering what everyone's recent experience is with replacement axles/diffs? Hoping it's quicker than not to get parts.

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Mechanic checked the diff fluid and it was nearly empty and full of metal shards. Poor thing shredded itself. Waiting now to hear back on warranty replacement and how long that will take. Wondering what everyone's recent experience is with replacement axles/diffs? Hoping it's quicker than not to get parts.
I had the knock from the rear axle after the dealer installed my Mopar lift. They replaced the rear differential gears and the whole process was completed with in 10days. I’ve driven it approximately 2k miles and no knocking as of today. I’ll keep you guys posted. Thanks.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I changed my oil at 20k and it was dark, but no metal at that time. I am at 32k now and have not noticed a noise while driving, but I do if I have the Jeep on jack stands and spin one wheel. I am headed out West in 5 weeks and don't know if I should do something before or after the trip. I have made it 32k so far, what's another 5000 right?

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Mine is still in the shop waiting for the last part (a seal) to rebuild the diff. This is going on 3 weeks.
Sponsored