Sponsored

Knock in rear with Dana 44

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Ok, once i get an answer back from the dealership on if it was a faulty part or human error on the previous replacement of the differential. I will be sure to loop them in, that way if it happens again (3rd differential in under 23,000 miles) They can have it tracked and assist in maybe further review of what is going on. Thank you!
No problem
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I opened a case with them originally through jeep cares. They've got some people who watch the forum and can set you up with a case manager. Just direct message @JeepCares or mention them here and they'll get back to you.
Ok, once i get an answer back from the dealership on if it was a faulty part or human error on the previous replacement of the differential. I will be sure to loop them in, that way if it happens again (3rd differential in under 23,000 miles) They can have it tracked and assist in maybe further review of what is going on. Thank you!
Thanks for tagging us, @DudeBro!

@mooreyoder - Please feel free to send us a private message at any time. We would be happy to have a customer care case started for you to have additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

west tex

First Name
Skoro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2dr 80th Edition, 2017 Renegade Trailhawk
Occupation
Retired, as in "Tired again"

mooreyoder

First Name
Trever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Thanks for tagging us, @DudeBro!

@mooreyoder - Please feel free to send us a private message at any time. We would be happy to have a customer care case started for you to have additional support while in service.

Darlene
Jeep Cares
Dealership called back today, They were able to replace the entire rear axle, due to the prior issues and this being the 3rd time I have had this jeep in the shop for the rear differential replacement (only 23,000 miles and all stock). He said it was approved to just drop out the old axle and replace it with a brand new one. As well he said it is all covered under warranty. Should be completed this afternoon and ready for pick up. So hopefully some good years to come out of all this trouble I have had since purchasing the jeep.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Jeep Rubicon with 3000 miles. Added 2.5 MC lift and synergy track bar brace. Running 35s on stock wheels with spydertrax 1.75 spacer. I hear a clunking/knocking noise from what appears to be front drivers side when I accelerate from 0-10mph on a stop light or stop sign. Itā€™s pretty constant. No noise on highway driving. I took it to the dealership and they couldnā€™t find anything. Said it was probably my engine/trans skid plate attachment brackets that attach to engine ears but I have my doubts. Any thoughts on what it could be? Reccomendations?

Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Jeep Rubicon with 3000 miles. Added 2.5 MC lift and synergy track bar brace. Running 35s on stock wheels with spydertrax 1.75 spacer. I hear a clunking/knocking noise from what appears to be front drivers side when I accelerate from 0-10mph on a stop light or stop sign. Itā€™s pretty constant. No noise on highway driving. I took it to the dealership and they couldnā€™t find anything. Said it was probably my engine/trans skid plate attachment brackets that attach to engine ears but I have my doubts. Any thoughts on what it could be? Reccomendations?
Some-what common issue as I've seen several people experiencing this, myself included. I think this issue is more prevalent in reality since most people aren't that tuned in at isolating barely audible noises.

Levin_tom

First Name
Tomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Some-what common issue as I've seen several people experiencing this, myself included. I think this issue is more prevalent in reality since most people aren't that tuned in at isolating barely audible noises.
Any definite conclusion on what could be the cause?

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my 3rd replacement. The new AD part number seems to be the ticket. Just replaced diff fluids after 24k miles on this one, and it looked like normal used gear oil. No contaminates and the magnet was relatively clean. Looked like a normal lsd oil change.

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
What was the part number? On the invoice I got it looks like they replaced mine with an AA axle but used an AD lubricant

16144671819852509719385911829020.jpg

Risexiv

First Name
Preston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
I just was in dealer for exact same issue, here is what they found, Replaced Rear Axel.
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 J

Sponsored

DudeBro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 IMG_20200721_114601

AD rear end
Grr my dealer must have just thrown on an axle they had laying around. Well I suppose pretty soon here it won't matter. Just ordered an ox locker to stick in it so I wont have to go through the trouble of dealing with this anymore.

BTW how do you like the Patagonias? Everyone on youtube seems to love them, but I always wondered if they were actually good or if people were just being paid to say that.

trav87

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Grr my dealer must have just thrown on an axle they had laying around. Well I suppose pretty soon here it won't matter. Just ordered an ox locker to stick in it so I wont have to go through the trouble of dealing with this anymore.

BTW how do you like the Patagonias? Everyone on youtube seems to love them, but I always wondered if they were actually good or if people were just being paid to say that.
They have been really good for me. I'm over 50k miles on this set now. I don't do rock crawling, but they have seen tons of off road use throughout Oregon, Nevada, and California in our camping adventures.

Peterjl

First Name
peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep JLU s
2018 JLUs with the same knocking noise as described all the way in the first post. Hear it at slow speeds while pressing on the break in forward and reverse. Noticed it when I purchased the Jeep 4 months ago, Jeep now has 20k miles on it. But didn't think much of it.

Just put Fuel rims and 35s on it. Noticed my rear passenger and driver side wheels had a slight bit of in and out play.

Which brought me to this post, reading this horror story lol. Now I'm worried,

Was supposed to put a 2.5inch coil lift this weekend, But now I don't know if I should. I don't want to run into any issues with the dealer denying me warranty because of some bull shit excuse. Not alot of dealers here in NY that are good.

Is anyone on this post from long island NY, know any good dealer to bring it to if i do decide to put the lift on?

I am still under my 36k mile 3 year warranty for another two or three months I think.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The service department did a fluid change and told me it was fixed. Of course I knew it wouldn't be, but I spent $30.00 on the Uber ride to get back to the dealer. Dealer had it 2 weeks.

And yeah, it wasn't fixed. I could still hear it knocking. The technician couldn't hear it.

I'm done dealing with it. I have an ARB locker ordered. Screw the LSD.
Sponsored