luna4x4

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
Update on my rear diff repair: Dealership diagnosed problem and ordered new carrier assembly 12/29. Said the part was on back order but they expected to receive it 1/8. They called today to let me know the ETA on the parts has now moved to 1/20. Sent @JeepCares a message on here 12/30 but haven’t seen a response yet. Called FCA today and left message to open a case. As those of you that have experienced these problems know, this is terribly frustrating.. The Jeep is my sole vehicle and the inconvenience this has caused is a real pain in the butt!
Did you get a rental? I would demand one if I had no other means of transportation.
Sponsored

Coth12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S 2 door
Did you get a rental? I would demand one if I had no other means of transportation.
Dealer said FCA would provide a rental but only for 5 days. I bought vehicle from a dealer out of town so the local dealer won’t give me one on their dime. I understand that but the manufacturer should step up for more than 5 days on a situation like this. Tech said I can drive mine til part comes in. Said it’s not a safety concern. I guess that’s what I ll do.

JLT

First Name
Khiem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Finally got the Jeep to the dealer on Monday. Dealer texted today saying bearings are pitted and are going to replace all bearings and seals with “updated” parts. Bearings are on back order and should have them in a week. Hoping the parts are updated and getting within a week.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Finally got the Jeep to the dealer on Monday. Dealer texted today saying bearings are pitted and are going to replace all bearings and seals with “updated” parts. Bearings are on back order and should have them in a week. Hoping the parts are updated and getting within a week.
Yeah.......tell 'em I've got some ocean front property for sale here in Colorado. Cheap!

Sponsored

SteadyC

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLS
Exactly, and sorry I don’t want to burst your bubble, but it has been stated many times in this thread, 2021’s have this issue, and part numbers haven’t been updated. Sorry, but really doubtful.

Jqwalls

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2.0 auto 2door
Update on my 2021 JL 2 door sport s with r lsd. The first time the dealer had my jeep they said it was a purge solenoid. I told them nah but they insisted it was and replaced it. I picked it up and I took it right back in and told them about this thread when it obviously didn’t fix it. To add insult to injury they gouged up my fender plastic when they removed it to replace the unnecessary part. So the Dealer called me yesterday after having it 31 more days and said they added fluid to the diff and I could pick it up.! Needless to say it wasn’t fixed and I took it right back in and went off on the manager. So they took the Jeep back in. Then they call me this morning and say they think it’s my exhaust! LOL WTF this is unbelievable. Worst dealership ive ever had the displeasure of dealing with. I have already opened a case for a lemon law buyback and guess what? FCA hasn’t even called me about it. They say it has been “escalated” and somebody will contact me in 2-3 days. If FCA has SO MANY people persuing lemon law that they can’t get back to them for THREE DAYS then this company is on borrowed time. These Jeep’s cost way too much for this kind of quality. I don’t care if it’s Dana or FCAs fault it’s just absurd. I can’t wait to get rid of the piece of total dog shit. Good luck to you all. Hopefully you’re a good mechanic if you decide to keep your Jeeps because when you’re out of warranty I can’t imagine how much they’ll be raping folks for. If you’re reading this and considering a new wrangler DONT FUCKING DO IT. Sorry to rant but GODDAMN I wish I would have found this thread before I made this mistake.

Last edited:

JLT

First Name
Khiem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Got my Jeep back from the dealer. Dealer said fluid was black and metallic. Replaced all bearings and took them a week. Let’s see how long the fix will last.
Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 86DC9D2E-7534-4680-9357-49DE9C5AE549

Space788

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Sport
Hello, im very dissapointed in jeep/fca regarding these problems with the lsd.
I ordered a jeep last month with lsd. Im thinking of just cancelling the order. I might be out my $1500 deposit, but maybe i should anyway?
Sorry for those of you deAling with this.

Jqwalls

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello, im very dissapointed in jeep/fca regarding these problems with the lsd.
I ordered a jeep last month with lsd. Im thinking of just cancelling the order. I might be out my $1500 deposit, but maybe i should anyway?
Sorry for those of you deAling with this.
if you read this whole thread and still can’t decide if you should get one or not then you just REALLY love wranglers. Lol if I had found this before purchasing I wouldn’t have done it. Woulda kept my 4Runner. It sucks to lose your 1500 but that is a lot less than whatever you’re paying for the whole thing. If you truly need a wrangler for it’s off road capability then you don’t have many other options (yet) but if you’re just in love with the looks, pass.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So is this happening mostly on the m200 rear axle on the Sport and Sahara and only occasionally on the M220 on the Rubicon and Sahara (as optional equipment)?

Last edited:

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
So is this happening mostly on the m200 rear axle on the Sport and Sahara and only occasionally on the M220 on the Rubicon and Sahara (as optional equipment)?
I believe only vehicles equipped with the Rear Dana 44 with Limited slip are affected.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Thanks. Interesting as this sort of thing happened with Yukon’s (didn’t happen to mine so I’m not totally with it), but the fix for the Yukon (per GMC TSB) was to change the gear oil to a different brand and apparently that fixed the Yukon problem. It’s hard to believe the Dana axle is the problem as I’ve always thought of them as the go to axle company. I wonder if FCA are the ones who specify what gear oil to use and what would happen if one changed to say Amsoil Severe Gear. I’d be interested to hear what Dana has to say about all of this as they are definitely a reputable company. Think I’ll give them a call someday.

Jqwalls

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Interesting as this sort of thing happened with Yukon’s (didn’t happen to mine so I’m not totally with it), but the fix for the Yukon (per GMC TSB) was to change the gear oil to a different brand and apparently that fixed the Yukon problem. It’s hard to believe the Dana axle is the problem as I’ve always thought of them as the go to axle company. I wonder if FCA are the ones who specify what gear oil to use and what would happen if one changed to say Amsoil Severe Gear. I’d be interested to hear what Dana has to say about all of this as they are definitely a reputable company. Think I’ll give them a call someday.
I don’t know if you read this whole thread or not but When there’s Metal shavings in the diff oil from bearing failures changing the brand of oil is not going to help.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
No...didn’t read the post in depth. Thanks!
Sponsored