Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
ARB has an air locker for this axle.

just saying ;)
would the air locker fix the issue though? I'm planning on doing a axle swap on the front and get an air-locker pre-installed so i just have to hook it up to my air compressor that hopefully i'll have some time this weekend to install.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
would the air locker fix the issue though? I'm planning on doing a axle swap on the front and get an air-locker pre-installed so i just have to hook it up to my air compressor that hopefully i'll have some time this weekend to install.
The air locker would prevent the issue by removing the LSD before it breaks. If you already have the issue you are toast.

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
The air locker would prevent the issue by removing the LSD before it breaks. If you already have the issue you are toast.
Haven't heard a knock, even though I've thought about putting my gopro back there to see if it makes any sounds since after my gear swap and did the break in I put royal purple that has friction modifier in it, so i didn't put any additional in it. I do have some FM but it isn't the mopar stuff, just a bottle I found at O'Riely's.

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
With Jeep coming out with that new part that is on quadratec's webpage I'm wondering if they're going to do a TSB, or straight up recall on the LSD/ASD M220 axles for the Sports/Sahara's.
@JeepCares any insight?
I would think a recall. A rear diff grenading or locking up at highway speeds could be extremely dangerous, especially if you happened to be towing something at the time.

Sponsored

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I would think a recall. A rear diff grenading or locking up at highway speeds could be extremely dangerous, especially if you happened to be towing something at the time.
Well hopefully sooner rather than later they do have the recall, but I imagine this is a several hour service if they do it, or offer the owner the part and get it installed by a recommended mechanic.

Reabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara unlimited 2018
Mine was opened by dealer. Not metal fragments. Says all is fine except oil is dark black like is I had a rock crawler machine which is not the case.
So noise still present.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Mine was opened by dealer. Not metal fragments. Says all is fine except oil is dark black like is I had a rock crawler machine which is not the case.
So noise still present.
yeah I would check with another dealer. that doesnt sound right.

69 ORIGINAL

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS 3.6L & 2020 JLUS 2.0L
Occupation
Finance
Oh gosh ... I've got a Feb 18 JLUS with the M220 LSD. I have not heard this clunking yet, fingers crossed, but then I play my stero at 20 all the time. I do have the steering issue with the aluminim steering gear. Really starting to regret buying this model. I just hope the Jeep Cares team keeps caring. Right now, they are about the only thing that's keeping me from going nuts online and in court. Hoping that Jeep will step up, deal with these JL issues, and get on with getting on. Trying to save pennies and destroying othereise lifetime loyal customers to other brands seems insane. Fingers crossed.

Sponsored

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Heard the sound on Monday. Dropped off to dealer on Wednesday. Picked it up Saturday. No charge. Invoice pictured

8C25020B-9905-4336-BC7A-D3AFB4FB391A.jpeg
Wow! i hope that's the new fix FCA is recommending. I'd love it if my dealer replaced my Trac Loc, with a Tru Loc.

Nevermind. I looks like it was a typo by the mechanic. Part 68474060AB is a Trac Loc

Needles

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is now making the knocking again after only 4K miles since last replacement. Jeep wants to repair it again but it would be the 4th axle. I have called consumer affairs, left messages with Dept of highway safety and Dept of Ag and consumer affairs to figure out my legal rights. I am not sure how Jeep Cares works. Does anyone have advice on this. I want to have my jeep replaced and possibly the money back I’ve spent on it so I can get a new one.

trurob777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
My 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL is now making the knocking again after only 4K miles since last replacement. Jeep wants to repair it again but it would be the 4th axle. I have called consumer affairs, left messages with Dept of highway safety and Dept of Ag and consumer affairs to figure out my legal rights. I am not sure how Jeep Cares works. Does anyone have advice on this. I want to have my jeep replaced and possibly the money back I’ve spent on it so I can get a new one.
I am going through the same nightmare. My Jeep is at the dealer for the 4th time now and they just told me yesterday about the Axle that is on order. It's the same one as before! At a loss of what to do.
Sponsored