Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
My wife took the bill pretty good actually. Which is a BIG relief.
My wife almost lost it on me when I traded in the Tahoe for my JLU last year so footing that bill would be just as bad as trading in my Jeep right now.
Sponsored

RDiddy

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 manual Sahara
Jesus dude, how can you possibly even stomach that bill. That's huge.

I really, really hope that Jeep steps up and nullifies that cost as that is a looot of $$$$$

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
My wife almost lost it on me when I traded in the Tahoe for my JLU last year so footing that bill would be just as bad as trading in my Jeep right now.
I can send pics of my Jeep when it’s finished if that will help you out with the wife. I’ll even coach you on how to break it to her.

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
Jesus dude, how can you possibly even stomach that bill. That's huge.

I really, really hope that Jeep steps up and nullifies that cost as that is a looot of $$$$$
I bought it to have fun, so I’m committed. I’m gonna’ keep Jeepin’!!!

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I can send pics of my Jeep when it’s finished if that will help you out with the wife. I’ll even coach you on how to break it to her.
She drives a Tundra. No ounce of wording would suffice. The Jeep would have to break down first.

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
With all the discussion of the warranty running out, does anyone have any thoughts if the Mopar extended warranties will cover the axle assembly, and separately I guess the clutches? Their literature would seem to indicate that it does, but I wonder if they find a work around to not cover it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 Annotation 2020-07-30 094532

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
With all the discussion of the warranty running out, does anyone have any thoughts if the Mopar extended warranties will cover the axle assembly, and separately I guess the clutches? Their literature would seem to indicate that it does, but I wonder if they find a work around to not cover it.

Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 Annotation 2020-07-30 094532
Axle housing and internal parts should cover it.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I’m finally getting mine fixed. After waiting on Jeep for over 3 months, I just took my Jeep in to get fixed. I’m tired of waiting on Jeep and listening to the excuses. This will damn sure be one expensive lesson, but worth it in the long run I guess.
E883332F-1BE2-430D-B66D-113FCB3037D1.jpeg
Did you look into a chassis shop that does custom rear ends? I had a 9" built for my Trans am capable of 1,000hp. Drives like it was stock and it was about 4k.

Sponsored

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Finally just got mine back after second waiting period to put new seals on (also backordered but not ordered with the axle) after new axle was replaced and immediately leaking. All seems good for now so we'll have to wait and see.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Finally just got mine back after second waiting period to put new seals on (also backordered but not ordered with the axle) after new axle was replaced and immediately leaking. All seems good for now so we'll have to wait and see.
If it were mine, I would not go too long and would dump the oil and refill it.

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
After reading this thread, I went and took a bit of fluid out to examine. I haven't had any knocking or other issues with the LSD so far. This is at 15k miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 JIgtaYBl

Looks like at the very least I'll be pulling the cover to clean everything out really well and inspecting things.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
After reading this thread, I went and took a bit of fluid out to examine. I haven't had any knocking or other issues with the LSD so far. This is at 15k miles.

Jeep Wrangler JL Knock in rear with Dana 44 JIgtaYBl

Looks like at the very least I'll be pulling the cover to clean everything out really well and inspecting things.
Looks really bad, but not unexpected given the results others have posted. Choose a good synthetic and if you plan to tow increase the viscosity to 75W-140.
Sponsored