Knock in rear with Dana 44

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 Door
Does anyone know numbers affected? Versus the broader number of Wranglers out there? How many vehicles with LSD are there? How many Wranglers total have been made. This isn't likely to affect newer (less than 10k miles) Wranglers, but as time goes on, the number affected will only continue to rise. At what point will this become a real recall and not a matter that is handled in a haphazard fashion?

I know they are also dealing with the recall on manual transmission JL/JLU's and that is probably not helping matters any.
I don’t know how many, but after everything I’ve read, I’d say... To many effing Jeepers got screwed on this damn LSD axle.
Sponsored

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After @JeepCares notified me earlier this week that my case got closed without fixing my Jeep, I called my dealership and explained to them that my case got closed and a new one opened, they looked it up and said, “Yeah, I see that here. It looks like your back ordered axle was canceled. Let me check with parts”. Well, after they got back on the phone, he told me that my axle order was canceled, but they’ll order another one. I asked how long and he said he didn’t know, because it was on back order, but since I had a new case # that I was at the back of the line. I asked him what the fuck? He said since my other case # got canceled by Jeep and I got a new case # that it’s like starting over. He said he’ll call me when it comes in. I told him please do, because I’m coming up there to see him shove it up his ass and fuck himself with it. Jeep sent me message about calling me within one business day of opening a new case, well guess what? No effing call. I pray to GOD nothing ever breaks on my Jeep ever again. Because, Jeep is no fucking help. Well, unless you like getting fucked. They’re pretty damn good at that.

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update... This is what Jeep e-mailed me...

Dear Mr. Rogers,

I have been assigned as your case manager. I see you previously had a case but it was in the wrong department. I am so sorry that you have not had a good experience so far.

I have contacted the dealership and spoke with Kimetha. She is going to email me the details of your case. I am hoping to get more information by tomorrow morning.

If you need to reach me, you may REPLY to this email or you can call me at 844-533-7928. I am in the office Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. I will be leaving in about 5 minutes but will be back in the morning.

I look forward to working with you and am happy to assist you.

This was my response e-mail...

Good morning!!! Thank you, for reaching out to me. I'm not sure how to respond, since this entire ordeal with my Jeep has been more than frustrating. For going on close to 3 months, I have had to deal with a broken Jeep and it has just sat in my driveway while it is broken. During this 3 months of not being able to drive my Jeep, I have had to make my monthly payments of $488.59 and have no offer of a loaner or anything else to drive and my vehicle is still not fixed and no one knows when it will be fixed. As I was told, Jeep currently does not have a permanent fix for the issue regarding my LSD axle, only thing that can be done is to replace it with another LSD axle that will eventually fail.

All of this has me beyond frustrated and angry. I have paid for my Jeep every month for a year now, but the last 3 months... I can't even drive it. I've spent $1,465.77 on payments in the last 3 months to keep a vehicle that I bought from FCA that I can't even drive. I feel that I have just wasted my hard earned money and I'm working to pay for a driveway ornament. I feel as if, Jeep, does not care if I drive this vehicle or not, and as a customer I don't feel Jeep cares about me. I belong to over 30 Jeep groups, 4 Jeep clubs and 2 Jeep forums and I've posted to every one of them voicing my frustration at this matter, but to no avail. My Jeep is still broken. To say that I am frustrated, angry, upset and livid would be an understatement. Then, to make matters even worse, while I’m on the list waiting for some type of resolution, Jeep closes my case in error. But, to make me feel better, you send me an e-mail stating you will open me another case. I thought damn my luck, but at least you’re aware of me. However, that victory was short lived when I found out that the new case moved me to the bottom of the list. Then, 6 days later you have to close the second case and open a third one, because the second case was assigned to the wrong department. So, now I’m on my third case and let the wait begin.

I've had my Jeep a year now as of a week ago, but I couldn't even enjoy it and be happy about it, because it's been broken for 3 months. At only 10,343 miles and to have it fail and not be fixed is unacceptable. I know I'm not the only one with this exact same problem, there are way too many of us that are going through this for Jeep not to have a fix. 3 months is entirely too long to have to pay for a vehicle that you can't even use. What irritates me even more is to know that I'm stuck with this Jeep and if I want it fixed, then I'm going to have to get it done and pay even more out of pocket to get it going again. So, on top of the $1,465.77 that I have paid in the last 3 months for vehicle payments for a Jeep that I can't drive, I'll have to spend another $23,800.00 to get it fixed by a Third-Party Jeep shop. To spend almost $26,000.00 in three months on payments and a repair for a Jeep that wasn't even a year old and with 10K miles on the odometer and Jeep hasn't fixed this issue and hasn't given me something else to drive, does not have me singing praises for Jeep, but quite the opposite. In fact, my work just purchased 12 new trucks and wanted to go with Ram, but after I shared my FCA Jeep experience with them, I convinced them to not buy FCA. What is even more sad is, that when I bought my Jeep I worked for FCA and had a very high opinion of them. Now a year later and that opinion and admiration has been lost. I feel as if FCA has abused me as a customer and has totally disregarded me and pushed me to do so.

I believed in Jeep, FCA, the brand and the warranty and my beliefs were destroyed, because all has failed me. On top of buying this vehicle, I now have to pay even more to get it fixed and Jeep/FCA could care less. This has left me so distrusting of Jeep/FCA that when this began I owned 4 FCA vehicles. This broken 2019 Jeep Wrangler I have now, a 2018 Jeep Compass, a 2019 Jeep Cherokee and a 2019 Ram 1500. I have since traded in the Compass and Ram and looking to trade off the Cherokee. I tried trading my broken Jeep, but with the bad axle causing diminished value adding to the negative equity, it's just not financially possible. So, I'm stuck with this Jeep, just as I’m stuck paying monthly for it and I'm stuck paying someone else to fix it. Why? Because, Jeep does not deliver what they have promised and the warranty isn't even worth the paper it is printed on. Jeep sold me a vehicle and now could care less whether I'm happy that I own a Jeep or if I can even drive it.

Thanks, Jeep, for showing me how you really feel about your customers.

Respectfully,
Tony Rogers (Jeep's Sucker/One Pissed Off Customer)

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'd love to see what the prevalence of this failure is. I have a manual/LSD JLU with 12K miles on it. I haven't had any issues so far (changed diff oil early, hoping for the best), but I'm wondering if I got lucky, or if it's a matter of time for all of us.

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to see what the prevalence of this failure is. I have a manual/LSD JLU with 12K miles on it. I haven't had any issues so far (changed diff oil early, hoping for the best), but I'm wondering if I got lucky, or if it's a matter of time for all of us.
Patrick, I don't know if you got lucky or if at some point the LSD in your axle will disintegrate, but after all of the posts on here and several other places, my best advice is to keep a watch on it. At this point my confidence in the LSD axles for Jeep and Jeep themselves is none. I don't know if Jeep is just as baffled as we are and don't know how to fix it or if they just don't give a damn. i do know that if you're waiting on Jeep to come up with a permanent fix, then you'll be waiting awhile... if ever.

I sincerely hope that you never have to deal with this issue.

Sponsored

Octocycler

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
In my experience the problem is subtle to start - I first heard it driving down my quiet alley when it was finally warm enough to have windows open and I had no music on. I have no idea how long it was actually occurring before this. If you have music on with any volume you may not notice until it gets louder (I think I can actually feel it now in the right conditions, but if my music is loud at all I still can't hear it). I didn't notice until 20k miles.

Mines in getting "fixed" today with the newer part number axle, fingers crossed.

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my experience the problem is subtle to start - I first heard it driving down my quiet alley when it was finally warm enough to have windows open and I had no music on. I have no idea how long it was actually occurring before this. If you have music on with any volume you may not notice until it gets louder (I think I can actually feel it now in the right conditions, but if my music is loud at all I still can't hear it). I didn't notice until 20k miles.

Mines in getting "fixed" today with the newer part number axle, fingers crossed.
I hope this newer part # totally resolves this issue and fixes your problem. I guess time will tell if the issue is resolved or if it is just a band-aid.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
In other interesting news... I'm sitting here reading the news and look what made headlines...

https://autos.yahoo.com/company-formerly-known-chrysler-now-193800226.html

Maybe FCA is more focused on this BS merger than they are focused on fixing our Jeeps and keeping happy customers.
As much as I have poked fun at the Bronco, FCA aka "Stellantis" had better be careful that Ford does not take a huge bite out of their sandwich. No one wants to spend the money that you have and endure the lame excuses, complete crap customer service, inability to resolve the issue (Dana has been in the business far too long to not be able to perform an RCA and sort this out) and most importantly to not provide a loaner car (#ZOMGWTFBBQSauce).

Ford (just like all other manufacturers) will likely have some issues out of the gate, but based upon their history, axle problems will not be one of them. SMDH on this one @JeepCares

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Of all the potentially problematic items Jeep has with JL - turbo hybrid motor, power top, full time 4wd, etc - who would have that that a limited slip would be the weak link?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Of all the potentially problematic items Jeep has with JL - turbo hybrid motor, power top, full time 4wd, etc - who would have that that a limited slip would be the weak link?
^^ this all day ^^

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As much as I have poked fun at the Bronco, FCA aka "Stellantis" had better be careful that Ford does not take a huge bite out of their sandwich. No one wants to spend the money that you have and endure the lame excuses, complete crap customer service, inability to resolve the issue (Dana has been in the business far too long to not be able to perform an RCA and sort this out) and most importantly to not provide a loaner car (#ZOMGWTFBBQSauce).

Ford (just like all other manufacturers) will likely have some issues out of the gate, but based upon their history, axle problems will not be one of them. SMDH on this one @JeepCares
This!!!

Valkyrie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never thought that an LSD axle would be my nightmare. I was worried it would be the turbo.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
You know, prior to the JLU, I had a '07 Mustang GT that I beat on for 165k miles. I never had a hiccup with that axle and the limited slip would still spin up both wheels (regularly...) even at the end of its life. I totally agree this is inexcusable.
Sponsored