Sponsored

Knock in rear with Dana 44

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
According to my local parts dept, The clutch pack is no longer available separately but is now sold complete as an updated assembly with the case.
I wonder if these are actually updated parts or simply updated "packaging." If they were concerned techs weren't installing the clutch packs correctly OR they figured it'd save labor on warranty payout they may just be providing the same parts "pre-packaged."

Let's hope it's actually redesigned PARTS
Sponsored

eeescarlito

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Same here another rear 44 LSD knocking, dropped off at the dealer this morning. Only 1.5 inch lift and gladiator rubicon takeoff wheels here

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I am experiencing the same problem!! I was able to make a video of it. See link below.

Knocking noise while coasting/decelerating through 15 to 7 mph.

The dealer thought is was a broken inner rod on the rear driveshaft. The replaced the read driveshaft this week. That didnā€™t do anything. Anyone know what this is? Please help!! Thanks in advance!!
That is the same exact sound I have al
I am experiencing the same problem!! I was able to make a video of it. See link below.

Knocking noise while coasting/decelerating through 15 to 7 mph.

The dealer thought is was a broken inner rod on the rear driveshaft. The replaced the read driveshaft this week. That didnā€™t do anything. Anyone know what this is? Please help!! Thanks in advance!!
I have the same exact thing. Do you have an aftermarket lift? Did you have any issues with warranty if you do? Thanks

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares- PM sent for any help you can provide.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the list. Taking into dealer next Tuesday to have them look at it. Noticed it clunking about a dozen times already - coasting at about 10-12 mph or less. Definitely sounds like carrier/spider gears in the diff. Just turned 20k miles.
@JeepCares - PM sent for any help you can provide.

Sponsored

eeescarlito

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Same here another rear 44 LSD knocking, dropped off at the dealer this morning. Only 1.5 inch lift and gladiator rubicon takeoff wheels here
Does anyone know if this going to be recalled eventually? Dealer ship said they couldnā€™t replicate the noise. I know itā€™s there for sure

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Does anyone know if this going to be recalled eventually? Dealer ship said they couldnā€™t replicate the noise. I know itā€™s there for sure
I dunno...it'd be a helluva recall. Big components (entire axle housing in many cases) and expensive. FCA is dragging their feet on the m/t clutch recall so I can't see them rushing forward on this, esp since it's unlikely to cause deaths or fire.

If they do.... maybe they can issue a cool sleeve to slide over a parking brake cable or something....like the clutch recall...or maybe they can claim the gear oil wasn't properly bled (thru the kanooter valve next to the muffler bearings of course)

Sorry to be pessimistic here but this is one case I just can't see hope spring eternal

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Well mine goes in tomorrow morning, so I'll see what they say. On phone service advisor said they haven't had any with rear end issues.......

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Talked to my dealer this morning - tore down my rear differential for complete rebuild. Some of the parts on backorder with no ETA. They checked on whole new axle assembly and not available until 7/3. Said fluid was black and lots of metal. My dealership service department is awesome to work with - can't say enough good about them.

mm141

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Talked to my dealer this morning - tore down my rear differential for complete rebuild. Some of the parts on backorder with no ETA. They checked on whole new axle assembly and not available until 7/3. Said fluid was black and lots of metal. My dealership service department is awesome to work with - can't say enough good about them.
I'm having the same issues. My Jeep has been in the shop since the beginning of April for the knocking issue. The dealership went through the same process of replacing parts that other posters have gone through. Now they are telling me they can't get the parts until 7/8. Not really happy since I will miss a lot of good Jeep weather because of it. The dealership did give me a loaner car, but it's a Jeep Renegade...not even close to comparable to the Jeep Wrangler. Hopefully, the parts come in earlier.

Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having the same issues. My Jeep has been in the shop since the beginning of April for the knocking issue. The dealership went through the same process of replacing parts that other posters have gone through. Now they are telling me they can't get the parts until 7/8. Not really happy since I will miss a lot of good Jeep weather because of it. The dealership did give me a loaner car, but it's a Jeep Renegade...not even close to comparable to the Jeep Wrangler. Hopefully, the parts come in earlier.
I know this is a bummer. They got me in a Compass - hopefully not for long! Are you getting @JeepCares involved.? Earlier in this thread they mentioned contacting them if in for this concern. Maybe they will help move things along with getting parts, etc. I hope. Good luck and let me know how things progress for you.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well mine goes in tomorrow morning, so I'll see what they say. On phone service advisor said they haven't had any with rear end issues.......
We sincerely regret to hear that you are both experiencing this. If you would like any additional assistance while working with your dealers, please send our team a private message.
Alex
Jeep Cares

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
I know this is a bummer. They got me in a Compass - hopefully not for long! Are you getting @JeepCares involved.? Earlier in this thread they mentioned contacting them if in for this concern. Maybe they will help move things along with getting parts, etc. I hope. Good luck and let me know how things progress for you.
Did your dealer put on a set of stock wheels and tires to check noise before they open rear dif?

Mikeblue jl

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler sahara
Do have lift and larger wheels?

mm141

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Do have lift and larger wheels?
I have 35's and a 3" lift. I saw your other post about putting stock tires on. I do not believe they did that to mine. They replaced a bunch of parts on the driveline and rear suspension and are now waiting on a rear axle.
Sponsored