Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
So do you have a lift or just have the clunking?
Yes I have 2 inch lift, but I don’t believe it’s related to the lift after what I’m being told is the cause of failure. Anyone else having this concern, get it to your dealer and go through the process, I’ve read of a few folks having rear ends replaced already at under 12k.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I have 2 inch life, but I don’t believe it’s related to the lift after what I’m being told is cause of failure. Anyone else having this concern, get it to your dealer and go through the process, I’ve read of a few folks having rear ends replaced already at under 12k.
Just made an appointment earliest is the 12th tho anything specific I should tell them to maybe speed up the process?

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Just made an appointment earliest is the 12th tho anything specific I should tell them to maybe speed up the process?
I’d suggest to PM
I’d suggest you PM Jeep cares and describe your concern, let them know when and where your appointment is scheduled and have them open a case. When arrive to dealer, be sure they document your concern correctly and describe exactly when it’s happening. I highly suggest you also road test with tech so they’re able to duplicate your concern to be able to further diagnose what’s going on. Plan on leaving your vehicle for a while, they’ll likely need to complete a tear down and work with FCA on parts that will need to be replaced. Part orders for most everything seems to be taking quite a while, but sometimes Jeep customer care can help expedite things if case is opened. Best of luck, and please keep us all posted as to what they find.

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I’d suggest to PM

I’d suggest you PM Jeep cares and describe your concern, let them know when and where your appointment is scheduled and have them open a case. When arrive to dealer, be sure they document your concern correctly and describe exactly when it’s happening. I highly suggest you also road test with tech so they’re able to duplicate your concern to be able to further diagnose what’s going on. Plan on leaving your vehicle for a while, they’ll likely need to complete a tear down and work with FCA on parts that will need to be replaced. Part orders for most everything seems to be taking quite a while, but sometimes Jeep customer care can help expedite things if case is opened. Best of luck, and please keep us all posted as to what they find.
I sent Jeep cares an email through the website is there another way to PM them?

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I sent Jeep cares an email through the website is there another way to PM them?
That’s how it’s done, they’ll reach out and likely set you up with a customer care rep to handle your case, mine has been extremely helpful to deal with!

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
That’s how it’s done, they’ll reach out and likely set you up with a customer care rep to handle your case, mine has been extremely helpful to deal with!
Thanks for the help keep me updated on your progress if you wouldn’t mind

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Also realized I have the Dana 44 axle which seems to be what everyone with this issue has

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Exactly, I’m thinking the same thing, we’ll be seeing and hearing of more complaints in regards to this concern. I’m sure FCA knows what’s going on

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
They are assigning me a case manager already, hopefully they will contact me soon. If anyone is having this issue it might not be a bad idea to also get the process rolling.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I know this thread is labeled knock after lift, but I don’t think the lift has anything to do with it. I have had mine (JLUS) in shop 8 days this go round, they originally ordered rear ring / pinion to resolve knock noise. Upon install they found carrier bearings spun and ordered complete rear differential assembly. I’m hoping it will be installed by tomorrow, although they still have other repairs and diagnosis still left to do. I’m sure this concern will become more common and we’re just starting to hear about it. FYI I have the Dana 44 rear. Good luck with getting yours diagnosed and repaired sooner than later.
any updates??? mine goes in next week any info i can give my case manager and dealer is greatly appreciated.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
any updates??? mine goes in next week any info i can give my case manager and dealer is greatly appreciated.
I wish, it’s only getting worse. Jeep has been in shop now 16 days, rear diff finally showed up without axles! Now waiting on those so it can be assembled and installed, probably next week unfortunately, who knows!

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I wish, it’s only getting worse. Jeep has been in shop now 16 days, rear diff finally showed up without axles! Now waiting on those so it can be assembled and installed, probably next week unfortunately, who knows!
wow i hope this gets fixed soon

OP
OP
NO51

NO51

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
if needed for my case what dealer is your jeep at? and do yo have a case number or case manager name?

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I just took mine into the dealer for a weird clunk sound but it only happens on speed bumps.
Sponsored

Last edited: