Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Im taking it in tomorrow and luckily a member here has my same dealership and already had his issue fixed. I’m assuming mine is the same issue. Clutch pack in carrier assembly..
Good, that’ll make it easier. I was the first one dealership here had seen, had Jeep cares very involved in order to get it diagnosed. Yup, those bearings are chewed up.
Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Good, that’ll make it easier. I was the first one dealership here had seen, had Jeep cares very involved in order to get it diagnosed. Yup, those bearings are chewed up.
I can tell and it’s getting really bad now progressively. I’m going to install the Rubi suspension soon and I’m like I better get this shit taken care of first before I do anything lol

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
That’s an old post from me, I had 3 rear ends replaced( complete housings, axles, ring, and pinion) finally got rid of it. Same parts are being replaced, no updated parts yet that I’ve heard of. Best of luck
Did you get a better axle or you got rid of the Jeep? Lol

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
It’s not related. I’ve been getting the same noise and I am FULLY stock suspension wise JLU Sport 6-Speed D44 rear..

I noticed the clunking even worse this morning I had to backup down my street as I forgot to take the trash out this morning before work and boy was it loud. I also get it sometimes from a full stop accelerating in 1st gear and while coasting at low speeds. It’s coming from the rear diff from what I can hear but it’s har to tell. Def rotational. I can almost feel it. Taking it in tomorrow. I plan on putting Rubi suspension soon and want this dealt with before I do that so there is no question..
Hi MORTON,
Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If you need any additional assistance, please feel free to reach out to us via PM.
Alex
JeepCares

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares
@JMONEZ
@jroman

So, dropped it off today at 1200, got me in a very nice loaner (as usual they have the best loaners!) and just like @Fitzyjosh they found they need to get a new rear carrier assembly.

Problem is they are on back order with no ETA. Evidently a tremendous amount of people have been having issues just like us on here. He said there are more people with the issue than they can produce. Could be up to 4+ weeks :(

So my next question is: Why isn’t this a Starcase or TSB by now?!

Anyways, happy with my dealerships service so I’m good for now. Not their fault!

Sponsored

Needles

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Dealership still has my JL. they finally said today it’s the Dana 44 that is getting replaced. They have had it 10 days now and still don’t have the part. They said they don’t know when they will get the part. I can order it myself and have delivered to my door in 3 days. I have to wonder what the hold up is, it’s a common part. Any thoughts on it?

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
@JeepCares
@JMONEZ
@jroman

So, dropped it off today at 1200, got me in a very nice loaner (as usual they have the best loaners!) and just like @Fitzyjosh they found they need to get a new rear carrier assembly.

Problem is they are on back order with no ETA. Evidently a tremendous amount of people have been having issues just like us on here. He said there are more people with the issue than they can produce. Could be up to 4+ weeks :(

So my next question is: Why isn’t this a Starcase or TSB by now?!

Anyways, happy with my dealerships service so I’m good for now. Not their fault!
EXCELLENT QUESTION!! Where is the TSB/Star case/Customer Satisfaction notice????

I special ordered my Sahara SPECIFICALLY to get the limited slip with trailer tow as I couldn't find one on the lot at the time and now its just time to wait for it to fail. So I pay extra for the functionality of limited slip that won't just go away eventually, but even cost me again if it decides to wait and fail outside of warranty. The one thing that seems certain is it will fail based on the experiences listed in this thread. UUGH.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
EXCELLENT QUESTION!! Where is the TSB/Star case/Customer Satisfaction notice????

I special ordered my Sahara SPECIFICALLY to get the limited slip with trailer tow as I couldn't find one on the lot at the time and now its just time to wait for it to fail. So I pay extra for the functionality of limited slip that won't just go away eventually, but even cost me again if it decides to wait and fail outside of warranty. The one thing that seems certain is it will fail based on the experiences listed in this thread. UUGH.
I hoping for you that eventually it’ll become a TSB if nothing else. So if you were to have issues it would be covered. I’m think it’s got to at this point with the amount of people needing that rear carrier assembly.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
A TSB would be great. But I would also like to see someone get the updated part# for the carrier so we at least know its out there.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is that there is no updated part. They’re just putting the same parts back on there. A TSB would be ideal but one can only hope for.

Sponsored

Tango_Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sahara 3.6L, '99 XJ 4.0L
First time poster here. I have a 2018.5 Sahara with 17000 kms on it, the rubi express 2.5 lift, and 35 inch tires, and Dana 44. I started to get the clunking a few weeks ago, and it is in the shop today. They are taking a driveshaft from a new JL and swapping it to see if that will fix it (sounds like it wont).

Is the general consensus that it is the transfer case causing it?
Update: They said they have tried everything except for replacing a bearing in the rear end, which is on backorder of course. They also mentioned that they found metal shavings inside, but couldnt identify the exact source. Not the most comforting thing to hear.

Im off on vacation for the next week, after that i may look to escalate the issue as that will be over 3 weeks of paying for a wrangler while driving a compass.

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Thank you for the update, Brian. We're sorry to hear about your experience with your dealer. If or when the time comes that you decide to visit your dealer, we're here to help.
Alex
JeepCares
Hi JeepCares. OK... Can we please open a case for my Jeep? I am ready to take it to a shop but want the support.

I'm on a road trip right now and can't stand the noise anymore. I will be ready to take it in as soon as I get home, I assume the shops will be open the day after Christmas.

Also by any miracle is there an option to simply get the locking Rubicon rear end installed instead, at a major discount? I'd love to get away from this problem forever...

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Well, I made my appointment with a dealer here in Las Vegas and just messaged to open my case with JeepCares. Fingers crossed this isn't a several month journey and that it ends with an actual fix. Any recommendations, please let me know!

I'm terrified of being without my Jeep for several weeks, but after a long camping trip over the last week down the coast of California, I think the sound is worse. I am worried it is going to completely fail at some point.

Pray for my JLU Sport!!! I drop it off the day after Christmas...

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Well, I made my appointment with a dealer here in Las Vegas and just messaged to open my case with JeepCares. Fingers crossed this isn't a several month journey and that it ends with an actual fix. Any recommendations, please let me know!

I'm terrified of being without my Jeep for several weeks, but after a long camping trip over the last week down the coast of California, I think the sound is worse. I am worried it is going to completely fail at some point.

Pray for my JLU Sport!!! I drop it off the day after Christmas...
Hi Brian,
We have received your PM and will continue assisting you from there.
Alex
JeepCares

BJG

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport
Hi Brian,
We have received your PM and will continue assisting you from there.
Alex
JeepCares
Thank You! However, this morning I am at a loss for words. To avoid any issues during my appointment I removed my wheel spacers this morning.

When I took a test drive i did not hear the sound. I am pretty confused right now and I'm going to keep an eye on it today driving around.

If the sound stays away I might cancel my appointment. This is bizarre...
Sponsored