Knock in rear with Dana 44

ccales

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
They ordered chassis ears to listen to mine. It goes back in Monday. I cannot stress enough to have your dealer open a STAR case. In addition, get in contact with FCA to have them escalate the case.

Mojito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Campbellchris, they did look at it and say there was definitely a problem. For 51K I let them keep it. There’s no way in the world I’m going to shell out a premium price for a Rubicon knowing I have a major problem with it.
No way.

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
Got the call today. Entire new rear end was ordered... now to wait for this as the differential case is on backorder.

Mikeb16

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Got the call today. Entire new rear end was ordered... now to wait for this as the differential case is on backorder.
Called my dealer today and they told me it would be at least May until parts arrived, said that there is problem finding a supplier.

Sponsored

Boothorp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Called my dealer today and they told me it would be at least May until parts arrived, said that there is problem finding a supplier.
This is scary... waiting on the same. And I’m moving to a different state in 4 weeks. Oh! And I plan to go to Easter Jeep safari in three weeks.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
You have any update on how yours is doing? I’m feeling like your repair is the solution.
Mine is going back in the shop next week for problem reoccurring after having ring, pinion, new rear carrier assembly, and axels repalced, we’ll see what they say this time.

campbellchris4

First Name
Chris Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited sport
Mine is going back in the shop next week for problem reoccurring after having ring, pinion, new rear carrier assembly, and axels repalced, we’ll see what they say this time.
Round 1 for me...they state the rear right rotor needs to be replaced...I gave a feeling round 1 isn’t the fix...

Eddied118

First Name
Edgardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
U.S. Army
Seems these parts for the rear end are on backorder everywhere. I just got off the phone with parts department. At first I was told March 6th for spider gears. Then it was March 12, March 26 (today). Now it’s looking like April 9th.... this is ridiculous. They should just order crate rubicon axles and replace em on their dime(wishful thinking lol) I’m sure the rubicon crate axels would arrive before the spider gears are even made.

Sponsored

Eddied118

First Name
Edgardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
U.S. Army
So are they replacing the whole assembly or all internals? Also were you able to get a case started?

Ericnubs

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2018 2 Door JL
Latest Update. It went back to the dealer. They switched the wheels and tires for stock. Noise went away. They're now blaming the aftermarket tires and wheels (285/70/R17s with 4.5 backspace) even though they can't tell me what the actual issue is. So, that's the end of the road for the dealership. I'm getting a lift kit in a few weeks time. I'm going to ask them to take a look (They are an off-road shop). I'm only hoping that the problem isn't something that's going to be dangerous in the long run.
I'd at least like to know what the problem is.

Eddied118

First Name
Edgardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Occupation
U.S. Army
Latest Update. It went back to the dealer. They switched the wheels and tires for stock. Noise went away. They're now blaming the aftermarket tires and wheels (285/70/R17s with 4.5 backspace) even though they can't tell me what the actual issue is. So, that's the end of the road for the dealership. I'm getting a lift kit in a few weeks time. I'm going to ask them to take a look (They are an off-road shop). I'm only hoping that the problem isn't something that's going to be dangerous in the long run.
Wow. Did they even open the rear diff and have a look in there? The noise on mine was quiet with stock tires but still there. You could be looking at blown bearings down the road which could lead to ring and pinion getting shredded. You should try another dealership...

campbellchris4

First Name
Chris Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited sport
Do you have hub centric or lug centric aftermarket wheels? I find this hard to believe is the solution. Most of these jeeps are modified.

campbellchris4

First Name
Chris Campbell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited sport
Do you have hub centric or lug centric aftermarket wheels? I find this hard to believe is the solution. Most of these jeeps are modified.
Sponsored