OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Had these delivered, yesterday:

KNIPEX Tools 00 20 06 US2, Pliers Wrench 3-Piece Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EXNT2Y/

(Actually found them cheaper on eBay.)

All I can say is, “Wow!”

These things are amazing. Adjustables are now in the trash. Open ended set now obsolete. Vice grips will see less use. Bye-bye channel locks.

I’ve had these on my wishlist for years, but always balked at the price. After recently getting Knipex wire strippers and diagonal cutters, I decided I like their quality so much that I’d bite the bullet. I also have a boat repair that calls for a large set of channel locks, and the big Knipex pliers wrench is just right.

That’s all. I just came here to show off. 😂
Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
These things have a cult following and I can't say I entirely get it. I mean they're useful and a nice tool, but they didn't transform my life.

If anything the "Swedish" pipe wrenches make more sense to me as "revolutionary".....but hey whatever floats your boat

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
These things have a cult following and I can't say I entirely get it. I mean they're useful and a nice tool, but they didn't transform my life.

If anything the "Swedish" pipe wrenches make more sense to me as "revolutionary".....but hey whatever floats your boat

Knipex also makes "Swedish" style pipe wrenches. Or do you mean "revolutionary" because of the nut?

I think the Knipex pliers wrench style is a great thing, if one has only ever used Crescent-style adjustables or regular adjustable/channel lock pipe wrenches before. I only have the mini version, but I gifted the 10" to my brother and they seem useful. I very much enjoy my mini.

The flat faces don't mar your surfaces, and the positive clamping force when you torque it is very helpful.

At the very least, they seem popular enough that every major brand has been putting out knock-offs these past few years.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
When you are stuck on the trail and need a tool to pull an axle nut off your bike it will change your mind quickly!! These pliers tighten as you turn. Replaces crescent wrenches and a bunch of end wrenches in your tool bag.
Sponsored