Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
Can you take some pictures.
here's the deal. when i see the JL/JT head lights with the big housing i'm thinking the lights come out and i put the new led's inside the housing. now when i look at them. i guess it don't need all that plastic housing anymore (which is odd because why is it that big then) when the new LEDs have the ends where the bolts go. i was thinking the lights 'needed' that big black housing that your removing. it seem such a waste of a product in the making of the stock headlights with all that housing so i was thinking IT WAS NEEDED to fit back in. i was def over thinking this arrrrrrrg! my apologies thanks for your patience
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/483c76b8-ddb7-4dbd-8d47-08861f68e230-jpeg.187754/
Sponsored

onesight1

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, 2010 Genesis Coupe RSPEC, K7 GSXR, B2 Bandit
ordering these next, sub'ed

Mail311

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon Xtreme Recon
F38245FE-8F81-492A-91B5-BB2441CA32C8.jpeg
C67A5B0E-4677-45A0-ADDE-6DBD317BF587.jpeg
Just installed the series 3 yesterday. Very easy plug and play after removing the grille. I have the Aux set up on a 2018 sport s. I wired the halos to Aux three with the wires provided and two butt connectors purchased at Lowe’s. The under hood wire is next to the battery. The headlights were easily adjustable with the springs and bolts included with the headlights. I left one stock headlight connected to approximate the adjustment height, then installed the other and matched it with the first. Tools needed were a flat head screwdriver, wire cutter/ crimper, Allen wrench for headlight mounting screws, electrical tape and butt connectors. So far, I highly recommend it. Good hot spot and great spread on low beams. High beam is small but great down the road. I think it’s a good budget conscious option.

Volare

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW Passat TDI, 2022 JLURD
I see the Amazon link now shows two different versions (2 and 3). Not sure of the difference. Same price. (version 1 was the cross shaped halo)

OLLOMAN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Technology Consultant
Installed the Kiwi Series 2 tonight on my JLU. Overall these are very bright and easy to install (took 45 mins). Take off the grill, take out halogen headlights, insert LED headlights, and link LED headlight halo red wires together to fuse 57.

First time I have had LED headlights and far better than the stock halogens. They are pretty cool and bright but the HID cut-off is more crisp (had HIDs on my Tacoma and FJ Cruiser). Pretty damn good price point.

Kiwi 9" Headlights on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MYZN71M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Add-a-fuse on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LED Headlights:
LED Headlights.jpg
LED Headlights (Close Up).jpg

Comparison vs Halogens:
Halogen vs LED.jpg

Halogen.jpg

Halogen Beam (took this when light was still out so hard to fully compare but LED is obviously brighter):
Halogen Beam.jpg

LED Beam:
LED Beam.jpg

LED Beam (Up Close).jpg

Wiring:
Wiring1.jpg

Wiring2.jpg
Wiring3.jpg
Add A Fuse.jpg
Fuse Box 57.jpg

Sponsored

vstammer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
Just received series 2 Kiwi 9 inch LED lights and installed on my Sahara, however I wired the red halo wire to the white/yellow wire on my fender DRL. I am a bit confused as it seems that when my selector is set to auto the headlamps are on (low beam); then I switch selector to "parking " the fender DRLS /side markers/ and halos are on. So when I turn on turn signal the halo on that side goes out.
I don't recall my original configuration having headlamps on during daylight when switched to auto either...(thought it was just fender DRL's)
Maybe all of this confusion can be alleviated by just hard wiring the halo red wires to the fuse box like everyone else is doing here?
Any guidance or help would be appreciated.

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
Just received series 2 Kiwi 9 inch LED lights and installed on my Sahara, however I wired the red halo wire to the white/yellow wire on my fender DRL. I am a bit confused as it seems that when my selector is set to auto the headlamps are on (low beam); then I switch selector to "parking " the fender DRLS /side markers/ and halos are on. So when I turn on turn signal the halo on that side goes out.
I don't recall my original configuration having headlamps on during daylight when switched to auto either...(thought it was just fender DRL's)
Maybe all of this confusion can be alleviated by just hard wiring the halo red wires to the fuse box like everyone else is doing here?
Any guidance or help would be appreciated.
It is because the DRL's are getting dual voltage for one, and 2nd is that the DRL's do turn off when you turn on the turn signal. I would just run it to fuse 57 or 58, it's easy.

vstammer1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sahara
It is because the DRL's are getting dual voltage for one, and 2nd is that the DRL's do turn off when you turn on the turn signal. I would just run it to fuse 57 or 58, it's easy.
If I run fuse 57 or 58 that means they are going to be "always on" while vehicle is in run mode, correct? (which means they will also be on during normal headlight on mode).

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
If I run fuse 57 or 58 that means they are going to be "always on" while vehicle is in run mode, correct? (which means they will also be on during normal headlight on mode).
Yes, if you do it that way. If you run it to one of the aux switches, if you have them, then you can manually control when the halos are on. If you don't have the factory aux switches, then you could just run your own switch to turn them on and off. You can get a nice wiring harness with a switch built in on Amazon and just run it through the firewall. If you an automatic you use the small plastic plug in the firewall that the clutch would normally go through. Otherwise there is another rubber grommet in the passenger side footwell, but that's a real pain to get to.

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
i just purchased exact lights and tap adapter on friday and received them yesterday! can't wait to install but im not familiar with the wiring so ill have to get to my mechanic to do it.

Sponsored

Kripas

First Name
Kripas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
i just purchased exact lights and tap adapter on friday and received them yesterday! can't wait to install but im not familiar with the wiring so ill have to get to my mechanic to do it.
You don't need mechanic on this, all tho have to do is married the 2 red wires ( left and right head lights and use the white wire that came with the packaging and tap on fuse#57 using the Fuse tap https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LFXA5YQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Then the rest is plug and play.

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
Anyone else getting this weird slanted headlight?

How to fix? Adjustment screws didn’t do anything.

B96D61F6-7862-4527-8D32-A6A2D09EECF9.jpeg

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Tony
Just got mine yesterday, will be putting them in on Friday. I'm in CT as well.

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
Tony
Just got mine yesterday, will be putting them in on Friday. I'm in CT as well.
Let us know how it goes! Nice lights i like them. Just want to figure out how to adjust properly

Chipe

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Tony,
Put mine in and they look nothing like what you have pictured. I think you should send them back and have them replaced. I will take a pick a little later when it gets darker and post it here for you.
Sponsored