Sponsored

KIWI Master 9" JL LED LIghts

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I did not need a resistor when I installed these on my wife's JL.
Should have responded sooner. I appreciate the into, all hooked up, no issues.

Upgraded the fender lights to LED as well.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/7443-hp24-switchback-dual-color-turn-signal-led-bulbs.html
Switchbacks with the resistors. 40 bucks, done deal.
Since I found the switchbacks, I am thinking about removing the yellow plastic side marker and replace it with a clear lens.
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I just ordered a set of the model/series 3 headlights. Hopefully Amazon gets them here sooner than the expected delivery date of May 11.

Also, for those who order and install these going forward, you can tap in to fuses 57, 58 (driver and passenger heated seats respectively) or 52 (cigar lighter). Any of those three will work to power the halos.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Should have responded sooner. I appreciate the into, all hooked up, no issues.

Upgraded the fender lights to LED as well.
https://www.diodedynamics.com/7443-hp24-switchback-dual-color-turn-signal-led-bulbs.html
Switchbacks with the resistors. 40 bucks, done deal.
Since I found the switchbacks, I am thinking about removing the yellow plastic side marker and replace it with a clear lens.
I bought these switchback turn signal bulbs and you don't need a resistor. they work great. White when on and then flash yellow for turn signal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canbus-LED...lQAAOSw7fdc8Tc0:sc:USPSFirstClass!90813!US!-1

and for the side markers I bought the Oracle ones and I like them a lot. However they aren't as bright as seen in the photos. Can't really see yellow when they are off. Looks nice on my black JLU sport.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-jl-sidemarkers?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2018

ToPar9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Altitude
I bought these switchback turn signal bulbs and you don't need a resistor. they work great. White when on and then flash yellow for turn signal.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Canbus-LED...lQAAOSw7fdc8Tc0:sc:USPSFirstClass!90813!US!-1

and for the side markers I bought the Oracle ones and I like them a lot. However they aren't as bright as seen in the photos. Can't really see yellow when they are off. Looks nice on my black JLU sport.

https://www.oraclelights.com/products/oracle-jl-sidemarkers?rq=mk_jeep~md_wrangler-jl~yr_2018
I just received the same side markers. I am hoping to install later today.

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I just received the same side markers. I am hoping to install later today.
Little bit of a pain to get the torx screwdriver in if using a torx bit, easier if using a slimmer torx screwdriver that doesn't use a bit.

Let me know how bright yours are.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

It looks like Amazon and USPS lost my headlights. I ordered back on May 3rd and they were supposed to arrive on the 11th. USPS tracking shows no movement since May 9. I've asked for and received a full refund from Amazon. This actually works in my favor since there is now a $15 off coupon for the headlights. I'm hesitant to order again with all of these delays and issues, but I purchased with a gift card and that's what my refund had to go back to.

Last edited:

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It looks like Amazon and UPS lost my headlights. I ordered back on May 3rd and they were supposed to arrive on the 11th. USPS tracking shows no movement since May 9. I've asked for and received a full refund from Amazon. This actually works in my favor since there is now a $15 off coupon for the headlights. I'm hesitant to order again with all of these delays and issues, but I purchased with a gift card and that's what my refund had to go back to.
Shipping problems have been occurring more often lately and likely because more packages are being shipped as people are doing an increase in volume of online shopping.

I had a package that was supposed to come last Friday on May 8th and it came on May 12th. Also took a couple of days to update and seemed like it was stuck.

I wouldn't hesitate to give it another change at ordering. Chances of two packages being delayed in that way are less likely.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My headlights finally showed up a few hours ago. There were no USPS updates since May 9 and it still shows that they haven't been delivered. Install was a breeze and I decided to tap into fuse 52 for the halos. I must say that I am not as impressed as I thought I'd be with these. The halos are fine and look great. It's the low beams that I'm not happy with. Both headlights have what appears to be a hazy film/smudge on the low beam inner projector lenses. It's on the inside on both, so there's no way to clean them. I've attached pics below. I reached out to the seller via Amazon and will wait to see what happens. At this point I'm not expecting much, since my payment was refunded due to the headlights being considered lost when they weren't delivered 3 days after the promised date. I'll run these for a while but will probably purchase the Oracle Oculus Bileds shortly.

Jeep Wrangler JL KIWI Master 9" JL LED LIghts IMG_0184.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL KIWI Master 9" JL LED LIghts IMG_0185.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL KIWI Master 9" JL LED LIghts IMG_0186.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL KIWI Master 9" JL LED LIghts IMG_0187.JPG

Last edited:

zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
My headlights finally showed up a few hours ago. There were no USPS updates since May 9 and it still shows that they haven't been delivered. Install was a breeze and I decided to tap into fuse 52 for the halos. I must say that I am not as impressed as I thought I'd be with these. The halos are fine and look great. It's the low beams that I'm not happy with. Both headlights have what appears to be a hazy film/smudge on the low beam lenses. It's on the inside on both, so there's no way to clean them. I've attached pics below. I reached out to the seller via Amazon and will wait to see what happens. At this point I'm not expecting much, since my payment was refunded due to the headlights being considered lost when they weren't delivered 3 days after the promised date. I'll run these for a while but will probably purchase the Oracle Oculus Bileds shortly.

Is the haze on the inner lens?

that sucks. My oracle lights had some smudges on the inner lens and oracle sent me a replacement. I wanted that inner lens to be crystal clear.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Is the haze on the inner lens?
Yes. Like I stated above it's on the inside on both headlights. There's no way to clean it off. It's like someone wiped a greasy finger over the inner lenses. Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs are a strong possibility right now.

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just an update. The seller, KiwiMaster, agreed to a full replacement. However, since the original order was delivered beyond the promised delivery date Amazon previously issued a full refund. If I want to stick with the Kiwis, my only option is to re-order a new set. After giving it some thought and having dealt with the delivery delay and defective item, it's just not worth it. I'm not taking another chance on these and ordered a set of Oracle Oculus Bi-LEDs.

Last edited:

palumbum

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Renegade Sport
Does anybody know what size washers they used to adjust them?

Florenam

First Name
Ariel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Got mine installed tonight and it was a pretty simple install. Overall I'm quite impressed for the price and I'm happy with them for now. I do plan on upgrading to Morimoto's down the road. I have no clue if they're adjusted correctly. Trying to adjust them inward and outward seemed to have no affect the beam pattern. Seems like it just made that adjustment screw looser to where the light wanted to move around.

When I installed them, I tightened the screws all the way down and then adjusted from there for the horizontal line height. Anyone else do it this way?

For the DRL's do you have to splice the drivers side into the passenger side wire that goes all the way to the fuse, or do they come pre connected? Like did you need to buy some wire to connect the two headlight DRLS.

ElvisJL

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
For the DRL's do you have to splice the drivers side into the passenger side wire that goes all the way to the fuse, or do they come pre connected? Like did you need to buy some wire to connect the two headlight DRLS.
You need to splice it in and I had have a split kit that has all sorts of butt splices, dolphin splices, etc...

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
it comes with the extension wires for you to splice.
Sponsored