First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
Bad about accutune? They are literally the go-to for custom-valves shocks for the majority of the off-road community.
I would use their kit in a heartbeat - AccuTune

As other have said I’d avoid Evo like the plague. For every reason. If you have limitless time and money to re do every single fucking component in their kits it may be okay. Short of that they suck hairy sweaty balls all day long.

and for the money they cost, total bullshit that every aspect is garbage and needs to be re done
Sponsored

OP
OP

Akdiesel

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Bad about accutune? They are literally the go-to for custom-valves shocks for the majority of the off-road community.
Oh okay I'll have to do more research then. They're local to me but I had read a few bad reviews. Thanks

OP
OP

Akdiesel

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A lot of what is mentioned about is on track... If your budget allows for a high quality suspension system and you plan to off-road a lot and don't plan to add a ton of weight, our 2.5 coilover kit is awesome. The ride is surprising both on and off-road. Coilovers have a lot of adjustability and perform really well on just about every type of terrain. The kit we have provides 5" of up travel for about a 3-3.5" lift, along with custom tuned shocks/spring rates.

Second best option would be a standard coil spring lift with some Fox 2.5 DSC shocks.

I would stay away from bypass shocks for a Jeep, overkill, complicated and if not setup right can make the Jeep ride pretty rough. And when I say complicated, we have a 5 part article just on bypasses ;)

Feel free to shoot us a message if you have any specific questions you would like to ask!
Thank you! I'll definitely reach out. I saw you all have a shop in El Cajon and I'm in Rancho Bernardo.

OP
OP

Akdiesel

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would use their kit in a heartbeat - AccuTune

As other have said I’d avoid Evo like the plague. For every reason. If you have limitless time and money to re do every single fucking component in their kits it may be okay. Short of that they suck hairy sweaty balls all day long.

and for the money they cost, total bullshit that every aspect is garbage and needs to be re done
This is the kind of honesty I like. Thank you!

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
I second the motion of avoiding EVO at all cost. I don't even know how they can get repeated customers. All their products look good at first glance, but is actually disguised in poor design, poor quality control, redneck solution to some delicate issues, especially something with their powder coating and painting processes.

Everything EVO manufactured, whether as small as a bracket, or a carrier, a skid, a rack, will start rust in less than 1 year, you hear me, every single thing they made.

In fact, I am not surprised since they spend all their budget paying YouTubers, not much money left to actual pay designers and good paint shops.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Akdiesel

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I second the motion of avoiding EVO at all cost. I don't even know how they can get repeated customers. All their products look good at first glance, but is actually disguised in poor design, poor quality control, redneck solution to some delicate issues, especially something with their powder coating and painting processes.

Everything EVO manufactured, whether as small as a bracket, or a carrier, a skid, a rack, will start rust in less than 1 year, you hear me, every single thing they made.

In fact, I am not surprised since they spend all their budget paying YouTubers, not much money left to actual pay designers and good paint shops.
Hahaha yep. Damn YouTube almost got me. Thanks for the reply

installer88

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 wrangler unlimited, ordered 2021 rubicon 4xe
I can’t say anything negative or positive about evo since I have not run their suspension.

I can say that I purchased an accutune fox 20 coilover kit and the on road manners are amazing. It drives noticeably smoother than stock, yet firmer when turning. It’s almost like there is some voodoo inside the suspension. I will take it off-road next weekend so I will see how it does there. Also, their customer service is amazing, between a few calls to determine the best kit to fit my needs/budget and helping with spring swapping after. And even to tell me I forgot to read all the install instructions when I skipped a few steps. Lol

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
I have the Rebel recon coil over kit for my rig. I’ll say that the spring rates for mine arnt the greatest and need to get new ones but won’t be available till early next year. I think once I get heavier springs it will be better. But here’s my rig on 37’s to get you an idea of how it looks

83D1371E-7466-4D4E-885C-E3654D05C2A2.jpeg

B100648C-DE7E-4953-A47A-463BFC022855.jpeg

DDAB949B-1A5E-45BA-9168-E93DA215C2C3.jpeg

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Rebel recon coil over kit for my rig. I’ll say that the spring rates for mine arnt the greatest and need to get new ones but won’t be available till early next year. I think once I get heavier springs it will be better. But here’s my rig on 37’s to get you an idea of how it looks

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks DDAB949B-1A5E-45BA-9168-E93DA215C2C3

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks DDAB949B-1A5E-45BA-9168-E93DA215C2C3

Uhhh you can just get eibach springs or king springs anywhere you dont have to wait a year for “rebel” springs. That means nothing they use standard springs

my_0range_crush

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Sahara
Uhhh you can just get eibach springs or king springs anywhere you dont have to wait a year for “rebel” springs. That means nothing they use standard springs
Oh I know. I just don’t wanna mismatch springs so I’m fine with just waiting

Sponsored

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I can’t say anything negative or positive about evo since I have not run their suspension.

I can say that I purchased an accutune fox 20 coilover kit and the on road manners are amazing. It drives noticeably smoother than stock, yet firmer when turning. It’s almost like there is some voodoo inside the suspension. I will take it off-road next weekend so I will see how it does there. Also, their customer service is amazing, between a few calls to determine the best kit to fit my needs/budget and helping with spring swapping after. And even to tell me I forgot to read all the install instructions when I skipped a few steps. Lol
Love to hear this kind of feedback, glad its riding nicely!

AccuTunedJL

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I have the Rebel recon coil over kit for my rig. I’ll say that the spring rates for mine arn't the greatest and need to get new ones but won’t be available till early next year. I think once I get heavier springs it will be better. But here’s my rig on 37’s to get you an idea of how it looks
Curious to know what issues you ran into with spring rates. Didn't they calculate them ahead of time?

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Curious to know what issues you ran into with spring rates. Didn't they calculate them ahead of time?
Kinda curious too from the pics the preload looks pretty close 🤷‍♂️ Maybe a little soft… back one looks a little heavy

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner

Looks great, I almost pulled the plug on coil overs. I am glad I did not, I have just too much weight for coil overs and this would create way to much body roll.

Jeep Wrangler JL King Coilovers vs Bypass Shocks 4DAD4A52-2AB4-4B81-A774-E91AACF3BEB5
Sponsored