First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
After much deliberation I ordered the Kikbax foot pegs with mirrors, but won't be seeing them until the end of July at the earliest. In the meantime I decided to make some clamp on foot pads. I was hoping that someone that already has the Kikbax could verify that these will fit. The pad is 4-3/4" wide x 3-7/8" tall, and I designed it to fit on a 1/2" dia. round bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kikbax foot pad IMG_20200710_130720316
Sponsored

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
After much deliberation I ordered the Kikbax foot pegs with mirrors, but won't be seeing them until the end of July at the earliest. In the meantime I decided to make some clamp on foot pads. I was hoping that someone that already has the Kikbax could verify that these will fit. The pad is 4-3/4" wide x 3-7/8" tall, and I designed it to fit on a 1/2" dia. round bar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kikbax foot pad IMG_20200710_130720316
So... @jloyva - did this ever come to pass? If so got some picts and comments on how it went?

OP
OP
jloyva

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
So... @jloyva - did this ever come to pass? If so got some picts and comments on how it went?
Yes, the size I made worked perfectly. The first three pictures are from my first go round with a generic Jeep grille and paint that didn't quite match the Sting Gray. The last picture is the updated final foot pads painted black with a JL grille. And the Kickbax mirrors are great, they just snap into place and are rock solid at 80mph. I actually like the convex Kickbax mirrors better than the flat mirrors on the doors, it has a wider field of view.

Kickbax 1.jpg

Kickbax 2.jpg

Kickbax 3.jpg

Kikbax 4.jpg

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Yes, the size I made worked perfectly. The first three pictures are from my first go round with a generic Jeep grille and paint that didn't quite match the Sting Gray. The last picture is the updated final foot pads painted black with a JL grille. And the Kickbax mirrors are great, they just snap into place and are rock solid at 80mph. I actually like the convex Kickbax mirrors better than the flat mirrors on the doors, it has a wider field of view.

Jeep Wrangler JL Kikbax foot pad Kikbax 4

OMG my friend… that foot pad is fantastic!

I just borrowed a pair of Kikbax for a couple days and love them, I will be ordering my own very soon. My only nit was the foot peg… I thought more surface area would be better. Regardless, I can’t wait to get them. Thanks for the update.

OP
OP
jloyva

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Project Manaager
OMG my friend… that foot pad is fantastic!

I just borrowed a pair of Kikbax for a couple days and love them, I will be ordering my own very soon. My only nit was the foot peg… I thought more surface area would be better. Regardless, I can’t wait to get them. Thanks for the update.
Thank you for the positive feedback.

More surface area is nice, it gives you more options where to put your foot. It's also way more comfortable if you're barefoot.
Sponsored