Sponsored

Keyless Entry and Water (car wash)

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Interesting thing I have noticed. I have a JLU with Keyless Entry and when I am washing my car, the lights will flash on/off if I am near a door handle and happen to spray said handle with water.

Took me a bit to figure out what is going on, but I do have my key in my pocket and then when close enough, sure enough, the lights flash when I hit them with water.

I don't think this is a huge issue, but it is something "odd" that happens with the new feature.
Sponsored

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
Interesting thing I have noticed. I have a JLU with Keyless Entry and when I am washing my car, the lights will flash on/off if I am near a door handle and happen to spray said handle with water.

Took me a bit to figure out what is going on, but I do have my key in my pocket and then when close enough, sure enough, the lights flash when I hit them with water.

I don't think this is a huge issue, but it is something "odd" that happens with the new feature.
I freaked out in 2013 when my dodge ram 2500 would do the same thing and realized it's just reacting to movement under the handle and tries to keep unlocking the door system. It's normal for the system you have on all mopar products. Hope this helps a bit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Yup, ..... when I wash the JL or work on it, I take the fob and leave it on my work bench, a ways away from the JL. If I do not , the JL constantly is lets say doing something 8-) as I am working on it.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
When I go to a "wand car wash", I l
Yup, ..... when I wash the JL or work on it, I take the fob and leave it on my work bench, a ways away from the JL. If I do not , the JL constantly is lets say doing something 8-) as I am working on it.
When I visit a "wand car wash" I leave the fob on the driver's seat being careful not to accidentally trigger the lock button. It will not try to unlock if the FOB is inside.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Yeah it's a non-issue. My Subaru STI does the same thing. I believe the handles sense proximity of the key + conductivity of something touching the handle. Dirty/salty water + key being within a few feet = confused door. Doesn't hurt anything though.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
When I go to a "wand car wash", I l

When I visit a "wand car wash" I leave the fob on the driver's seat being careful not to accidentally trigger the lock button. It will not try to unlock if the FOB is inside.
Pretty sure it won’t lock with the fob inside and no weight on the drivers seat.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
Pretty sure it won’t lock with the fob inside and no weight on the drivers seat.
Correct. It knows where they key is. If the key is inside, and you use the outside handle, it'll probably just beep at you a whole bunch and not lock the door if it is anything like any other prox locks I have used.

Also, the whole point of prox locks is the ability to leave the key in your pocket! Why take it out!?

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
My 2016 Ford Edge used to do the same thing at the self wash.

OP
OP
Seanmh72

Seanmh72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Guess I am a NOOB with this. JK obviously wasn’t this advanced.

TIDALWAVE

First Name
CHUCK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible, 2013 CHEVY SILVERADO, 2018 JLUR
My Mustang and the new Rubi does the same thing...they don't seem to like being sprayed with water. Did you ever check to see if your refrigerator lights go off when you shut the door? I have wondered if they are flashing their lights when it is raining hard when I am driving.
Sponsored