Sponsored

Keyless Enter 'n go - 2018 JL Sport

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
They listed Keyless Enter n Go on all Sport and Sport S stickers when they meant Keyless Go. Both of these are trademarked terms so what you or I think they mean is irelevant. They have since corrected stickers to say Keyless Go.
I do agree it's poor wording but the fact still remains that I fail to believe for one second that the OP was clueless that his / her Jeep came with manual locks. Or did the OP think this was a magical manual lock system?
Sponsored

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
That's not a mistake in my book as the description (while I agree poorly worded) is accurate. I can in fact enter my vehicle and go without removing the key from my pocket. Now this statement from me assumes I know I purchased manual locks (which I did) and it assumes I know the Jeep is not magical and that since I have manual locks this can only be done if the door is left unlocked.....

To each their own I suppose... This is an attempt at a scam and nothing more...

I assume based on some of the responses that it's reasonable to believe the OP had no clue whatsoever that his / her Jeep came with manual locks?
Yes, its a holdover from the other FCA vehicles where a proximity entry was paired with push button start. Now that the Sport only has the push button start and manual locks the feature has been updated to just say Keyless Go, buy removing the word entry.

I fully get what you're saying, as manual locks and proximity entry are incompatible and that should be obvious to anyone that knows how to operate a vehicle.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, its a holdover from the other FCA vehicles where a proximity entry was paired with push button start. Now that the Sport only has the push button start and manual locks the feature has been updated to just say Keyless Go, buy removing the word entry.

I fully get what you're saying, as manual locks and proximity entry are incompatible and that should be obvious to anyone that knows how to operate a vehicle.
Yeah I think the OP was well aware and is simply trying to get something for free.. Sadly, this happen all the time these days and we all end up paying for these scams one way or another..

Biscuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Retired
Tdog and his homies should try using "Open Sesame" (French: SĂ©same, ouvre-toi), a magical phrase in the story of "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" in One Thousand and One Nights. It opens the mouth of a cave in which forty thieves have hidden a treasure.
:bandit:

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Tdog and his homies should try using "Open Sesame" (French: SĂ©same, ouvre-toi), a magical phrase in the story of "Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves" in One Thousand and One Nights. It opens the mouth of a cave in which forty thieves have hidden a treasure.
:bandit:
It's like buying a stick then complaining 2 weeks later you thought you were buying an automatic.. Some things just jump up and smack you in face and are blatantly obvious....

In the case of the locks, the 1st of many clues should have been the key fob.....

I dunno.. I still think my dealer jipped me on the full tank of gas I was promised.. Think I was shorted a gallon or 2.. Wonder if Jeep Cares will remedy this for me? :P

Sponsored

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I mean, I see the "point" of the OP but are we all living in the same 2018 right now? Where you can purchase organic water and "keto pills" to make you look like Brad Pitt in fight club (or Gal Gadot according to your preferences) overnight just by drinking said organic water and popping said magic keto pill? No exercise required!

I mean, research what your purchase comes with and decide if thats what you want. Caveat emptor.

sjromeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
@raqball i agree and disagree with you on the topic. I have a 2013 Dodge Journey and one of the biggest reasons I purchased it was because it had a newest feature called “Keyless enter n go”. At that time I was told and read that it is a trademark by the company for the proximity system (button on outside handle to lock and sensor on inside of handle to unlock)
Fast forward 4 years and I bought a JL sport S last month. On the day before I purchased I noticed keyless enter n go on the sticker, temporarily got excited but soon remembered that the button wasn’t on my handles. So I researched online and noticed that is only an upgrade on the Sahara and Rubicon trim lines. So told myself oh well, no big deal. So next day I made my purchase fully aware of situation. Now one may argue that since I have the S model with powered door locks that I should be more entitled to the features on my sticker. But honestly I know it was an error by the company and not gonna fight for something I could have fought before I made my purchase.

So I agree it’s something the buyer should obviously know about before the purchase. But there is no doubt that FCA made a mistake on sticker.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
@raqball i agree and disagree with you on the topic. I have a 2013 Dodge Journey and one of the biggest reasons I purchased it was because it had a newest feature called “Keyless enter n go”. At that time I was told and read that it is a trademark by the company for the proximity system (button on outside handle to lock and sensor on inside of handle to unlock)
Fast forward 4 years and I bought a JL sport S last month. On the day before I purchased I noticed keyless enter n go on the sticker, temporarily got excited but soon remembered that the button wasn’t on my handles. So I researched online and noticed that is only an upgrade on the Sahara and Rubicon trim lines. So told myself oh well, no big deal. So next day I made my purchase fully aware of situation. Now one may argue that since I have the S model with powered door locks that I should be more entitled to the features on my sticker. But honestly I know it was an error by the company and not gonna fight for something I could have fought before I made my purchase.

So I agree it’s something the buyer should obviously know about before the purchase. But there is no doubt that FCA made a mistake on sticker.
Keyless Enter n Go was also listed as a standard feature on a Sahara sticker by mistake. The owner realized his vehicle did not have a button on the door handle. No manual locks on that either.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Yeah I think the OP was well aware and is simply trying to get something for free.. Sadly, this happen all the time these days and we all end up paying for these scams one way or another..
Keyless Enter n Go = “Keyless Enter n Go lets you lock or unlock the doors and swing gate and start or shut down your engine without ever touching the key fob”.

Jeep screwed up the window stickers on many models including Sport, Sport S and Sahara. Possibly Rubicon also. They listed a standard feature that is not standard.

For all those here still trying to defend Jeep...why? Jeep admits they screwed up that’s why they changed the sticker wording to “Keyless Go”.

Is the OP trying to get something for nothing or simply trying to get the feature that is listed as standard equipment for his vehicle? If the window sticker stated LED headlights as standard but maybe a week later you realized only halogen bulbs are installed, what would you do? Still defend Jeep and say it was just a typo?

Who should be held more liable, the buyer or the manufacturer? Should the buyer be responsible to inspect every standard feature listed on the window sticker or maybe the manufacturer should make certain the features listed on the window sticker are in fact installed before it leaves the factory?

I was never fooled into thinking the Sport or any other model includes Keyless Enter n Go as standard. That’s because I did my research. It’s only available as an option on the Sahara and Rubicon models. Not all buyers do enough research to realize this. Jeep got cute with their marketing names and screwed this up. They don’t even use the term Keyless Enter n Go for the option. They use Remote Proximity Keyless Entry as the option name. I suppose they could use Keyless Go as standard equipment (which they are now doing) and use Keyless Enter as the option name. They shouldn’t have gotten cute with their names and just called it Push Button Start from the get go. Then used Keyless Enter n Go (their trademark) as the option name.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AdamH

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 4Xe
The funniest part of this entire thread is that we are on the interwebs. No matter what the resolution is I can guarandamntee you the OP will claim he won.

So why is this thread even still going on??? We will never know the true outcome

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
The funniest part of this entire thread is that we are on the interwebs. No matter what the resolution is I can guarandamntee you the OP will claim he won.

So why is this thread even still going on??? We will never know the true outcome
True...

I do get a kick out of reading people defending the OP and blaming Jeep for what may have been a mistake though. It's entertainment.... :)

My sticker also says 'Keyless Enter N Go' but guess what? I must be a rocket scientist because --> all by myself I figured out I had manual locks.... Amazing eh'?

People scam all the time and try to get things for free.. We all pay for their fraud one way or another though.. I wonder since none of the OP defenders have bothered to answer, how many really believe the OP was clueless that his Jeep had manual locks............ If the OP knew he had manual locks then I guess the OP must have thought Jeep invented a magical manual lock system....

Either way, you are correct but this thread is pure gold and entertaining though.. :thumbsup:

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
True...

I do get a kick out of reading people defending the OP and blaming Jeep for what may have been a mistake though. It's entertainment.... :)

My sticker also says 'Keyless Enter N Go' but guess what? I must be a rocket scientist because --> all by myself I figured out I had manual locks.... Amazing eh'?

People scam all the time and try to get things for free.. We all pay for their fraud one way or another though.. I wonder since none of the OP defenders have bothered to answer, how many really believe the OP was clueless that his Jeep had manual locks............ If the OP knew he had manual locks then I guess Jeep invented a magical system....

Either way, you are correct but this thread is entertaining though.. :thumbsup:
There is another poster on this thread, I think tankgirl, that also got fooled. Was it the dealer’s fault for not fully explaining that Keyless Enter n Go can not possibly be compatible with manual locks? I guess I put blame on the manufacturer, the dealer and the buyer but most of the blame should be placed on Jeep since they are the one who made the error (call it typo if you must). The people at Jeep surely know the definition of Keyless Enter n Go and know darn well it should never had been listed under standard equipment. Keyless Go...yes. Push button start...yes. Keyless Enter n Go...no.

raqball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
There is another poster on this thread, I think tankgirl, that also got fooled. Was it the dealer’s fault for not fully explaining that Keyless Enter n Go can not possibly be compatible with manual locks? I guess I put blame on the manufacturer, the dealer and the buyer but most of the blame should be placed on Jeep since they are the one who made the error (call it typo if you must). The people at Jeep surely know the definition of Keyless Enter n Go and know darn well it should never had been listed under standard equipment.
Guess we just will have to disagree. I place 99% of the blame on the OP and I'll ding Jeep 1% for the typo.. To think that some will defend a person who blindly purchased a 40K vehicle and had no clue whatsoever what he was getting is oddly entertaining but hey, to each their own I suppose..

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
It's like buying a stick then complaining 2 weeks later you thought you were buying an automatic.. Some things just jump up and smack you in face and are blatantly obvious....

In the case of the locks, the 1st of many clues should have been the key fob.....

I dunno.. I still think my dealer jipped me on the full tank of gas I was promised.. Think I was shorted a gallon or 2.. Wonder if Jeep Cares will remedy this for me? :P
No, no it's not at all like that. The correct analogy would be if your window sticker showed "automatic transmission" on it, and the Jeep had a manual transmission instead. The only difference is that the manual transmission would be blatantly obvious, and the Keyless Enter-N-Go error wasn't blatantly obvious at all. When a person is looking at a Jeep on the lot, and you've got salesmen all over you like a cheap suit, it's easy to overlook conspicuous features.

As far as "manual locks" go...every JL made has manual locks. Power locks are additional equipment, but every single one of them has manual locks. That doesn't mean a single thing in the context of this argument. There could easily be a system that allows proximity entry without a single button on a key fob. That isn't a silly assumption at all. The entire point of Keyless Enter-N-Go is to eliminate button presses to enter the vehicle.

This is FCA's fault, period. Yes, they have corrected it now. But the people who already purchased a Jeep before the correction did, in fact, get hosed and if they are pi$$ed off about it I can't say that I blame them. I'm pretty upset about it too, but not to the point that I'll file a lawsuit.

I remember once when I bought a 2003 Ford Ranger FX4 brand new. I never even noticed, but the window sticker said that the FX4 package included step rails. I went back to the dealership and the salesman said, "If the sticker says you get step rails, then you are owed a set of rails." They ordered me a set, installed them for free, and washed my truck while I was there.
Sponsored