Sponsored

Keyless Enter 'n go - 2018 JL Sport

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Instead of Keyless Enter ‘n Go it should be called Enter ‘n Keyless Go.

Or just call it what it is, Push Button Start.
Sponsored

ccarrico29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Polar Edition
I am going after Jeep on this. It states Keyless Enter n’ Go as standard equipment so they are going to make it right and put it in.
Let me know how that works out for you. :cwl: You didn't know what you were buying, simple as that. Keyless Enter N Go =/= Remove Proximity Entry

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Based on Jeep's website Keyless Enter 'n Go is:

Keyless Enter 'n Go
Keyless Go allows you to start the engine simply by pressing the Start/Stop button while stepping on the brake without the need to remove the key fob from your purse pocket.

No more, no less. Unfortunately, it isn't what you thought.

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.07.24 PM.png

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I already have been fussing about this for almost a month. There's a thread about it somewhere.

Keyless Enter-N-Go is a FCA (and Chrysler before that) feature that allows you to enter the vehicle WITHOUT using the key or fob and push button start. Hence, the "enter and go" name.

Keyless entry is totally different.

Jeep has mislabled the window stickers. I contacted Jeep to let them know about the error already. We'll see if they fix the problem.

OP
OP

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport JL
This is what my build sheet shows.
Remote Keyless Entry,
Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System,
Keyless Go. It' not worded like it should be. I thought the Same thing at first. Because my Laramie and citadel have it. On this JL they call it remote proximity keyless enter. I knew mine didn't have it as soon as i looked at the door handles. No push button on them.
They can’t put as standard equipment Keyless Enter if there is not a way to enter without a key. It’s simple!

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Class action lawsuit coming soon.

Ready, Set, Keyless Go.

The OP might have a case. What’s funny is the OP purchased a JLU Sport with manual locks and manual windows and is complaining about not receiving proximity entry. Oh the irony.

Not that there is anything wrong with a base model Sport. That’s what I will be getting also.

Last edited:

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just to add, I am not sure who gave you that information but it seems to be a merge of a number of different features, the only one of which (as I posted before) relates to Keyless Enter 'n Go. Some screenshot of the details of the other features that were merged into what you were given:

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.11.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 8.12.45 PM.png

If the dealer gave you that info, I would have a conversation with them about what they sold you.

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 KL TrailHawk, 1996 ZJ
Let's get a picture of the monroney sticker.

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
First, I don’t have an unlock button on my phone plus I received this from Jeep which clearly states the proximity entry is part of the Keyless Enter n’ go, hence the name,
Keyless Enter ‘n Go lets you:

• Lock or unlock the doors and swing gate
  • Start or shut down the engine without ever touching your key fob
  • As long as the fob can be detected by the vehicle
To lock or unlock the vehicle:

• The key fob must be on your person, within 5 feet (1.5 m) of the handle in use
  • The sensors are located inside the door and swing gate handle
  • Grab a door handle and the door will unlock
To lock all the doors:

• Push either of the Lock buttons located on the outside of the front door handles. (Don’t activate the unlock sensor inside the handle or you might accidentally unlock the door)
What does your phone have anything to do with it? I’m lost.

The options you list above are mixed up. Whoever gave you that gave you bad info. The first part is keyless enter and go (name is still correctly stated BTW) and be second or bottom part is from the proximity option. 2 options are combined in that description.

It’s not hard to understand, and good luck getting someone to “add” it. Do your homework as people have stated and this wouldn’t be an issue.

Wrangler Keyless enter and go is not the same as other FCA vehicles. Pretty cut and dry to me. Again do your homework.

Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Last thing and I hope you don't take the wrong way, but if you knew you were getting manual doors and locks, how did you think the car was going to unlock without using the key?

OP
OP

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let me know how that works out for you. :cwl: You didn't know what you were buying, simple as that. Keyless Enter N Go =/= Remove Proximity Entry
Keyless Enter ‘n Go lets you:

• Lock or unlock the doors and swing gate
  • Start or shut down the engine without ever touching your key fob
  • As long as the fob can be detected by the vehicle
To lock or unlock the vehicle:

• The key fob must be on your person, within 5 feet (1.5 m) of the handle in use
  • The sensors are located inside the door and swing gate handle
  • Grab a door handle and the door will unlock
To lock all the doors:

• Push either of the Lock buttons located on the outside of the front door handles. (Don’t activate the unlock sensor inside the handle or you might accidentally unlock the door)

OP
OP

tdog

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last thing and I hope you don't take the wrong way, but if you knew you were getting manual doors and locks, how did you think the car was going to unlock without using the key?
The fob!

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
I feel like you guys are overlooking what we're trying to tell you. Go look at post #37 in this tread, which links to the cause of the confusion which was hashed out in an older thread.

FCA has used this specific name for proximity entry for a LONG time...so now that they are using the exact same name on the Wranglers WITHOUT proximity entry it's causing a ton of confusion. Some bonehead at FCA should be fired for overlooking this.

AREYOUFUS

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 KL TrailHawk, 1996 ZJ
When you post the picture of the monroney sticker also take a picture of the fob as I'm super curious.
Sponsored