Sponsored

Keyfob battery cover doesn’t fit well

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Hi All - picked up a 2019 JLUR a few weeks ago and am loving it.

However, I don’t love the gigantic keyfob. One extra annoying feature is that the battery cover (on both fobs) doesn’t fit tightly along the side opposite the key. It’s bad enough that both squeak when I press the lock/unlock buttons.

Anyone else have this? Again, it’s the same on both of the fobs that came with the truck.
Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hi All - picked up a 2019 JLUR a few weeks ago and am loving it.

However, I don’t love the gigantic keyfob. One extra annoying feature is that the battery cover (on both fobs) doesn’t fit tightly along the side opposite the key. It’s bad enough that both squeak when I press the lock/unlock buttons.

Anyone else have this? Again, it’s the same on both of the fobs that came with the truck.
Pics??? Mine didnt come with a cover, just a big honkin fob, that opens the key, every time its in my pocket. I put clear tape over the key portion, for a temporary fix.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
I was referring to the plastic back cover which covers the battery. Check out these pics, you should be able to see the problem.

DA6A6E3E-AF6E-4B51-9D4C-29EE7A607178.jpeg

22466FF9-692D-452A-BB6B-FD3239817A9B.jpeg

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
It’s almost as if it isn’t snapped all the way down, but I can’t get either of them to snap in further.

Firecracker18

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Jeep, Honda Lawnmower
Occupation
Commercial Insurance
It's not too far off from being closed but mine doesn't look quite that far apart. Perhaps the battery isn't seated properly or something else is in the way (buttons not seated. Have you tried taking the cover off, checking out everything or fit then closing it?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Yeah, took it all apart and put it back together. Everything is seated, it simply won’t snap closed the rest of the way. I even attempted to put it in the other way (starting on that side and working my way around). Still the same result.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Anyone else have this?

Kind of annoying when it squeaks and you don’t get solid button presses due to this.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Anyone else have this?

Kind of annoying when it squeaks and you don’t get solid button presses due to this.
I have no squeaking but yes one of my fobs isn't snapped closed all the way and won't close. Almost like someone's shirt thats buttons have popped off after Thanksgiving dinner. I would bet mine therefore is not waterproof, given I can almost see into it. I will take a pic later and upload.

OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Yeah, mine is also no longer waterproof - I can almost see seal through the crack.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Yeah, mine is also no longer waterproof - I can almost see seal through the crack.
I don't think they ever were water proof, your's is somewhat less water resistant.

Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Are both FOBs the same? Either way, take it (or both) back to dealer and tell them its defective and to replace with new ones and reprogram accordingly

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Are both FOBs the same? Either way, take it (or both) back to dealer and tell them its defective and to replace with new ones and reprogram accordingly
Wouldn't need to reprogram, just swap case.

Reactions: KDB
OP
OP
Quick

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Yup, both fobs are the same.

Going to head to the dealer, but, wanted to check with the community to find out if this is common.

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Look on eBay for a case. Maybe you can find one cheap to swap in the internals.

DanFelix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
Mine is the same. Upon close inspection it appears that one of the four internal snap hooks broke at its base. I suspect it was ham-fisted when some tech put the battery in. I could not see any repair as the hook pressure would overwhelm any adhesive. Disappointing.
Sponsored