Key Fob Went For A Swim

Kilowatt76

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
If anyone was wondering how well the 2018 JL key fob can swim, it does excellent. I had it in my pocket when I jump in and did not realize for 5 minutes. I took it out of my pocket and dried it off and no harm done. Very impressive design!
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
If anyone was wondering how well the 2018 JL key fob can swim, it does excellent. I had it in my pocket when I jump in and did not realize for 5 minutes. I took it out of my pocket and dried it off and no harm done. Very impressive design!
Consider yourself lucky .... more then one forum member here had the opposite outcome.. ... but, they washed their's and the fob died..

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Dropped mine into the Salt River. I found it and it works fine.

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I think washing it is a different deal. Sustained exposure to chemicals, warm/hot water and jostling around will likely test anything electronic.

But for the issues I would most be a part of- rain, deep water, dropping in puddles- that’s awesome news.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I think washing it is a different deal. Sustained exposure to chemicals, warm/hot water and jostling around will likely test anything electronic.

But for the issues I would most be a part of- rain, deep water, dropping in puddles- that’s awesome news.
Could be that when in the washing machine, the agitation ... an clothes depresses the button(s) and then water tight integrity is compromised.
Sponsored