Sponsored

Key fob transmits but doesn't work. No start.

shultz01

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1999 TJ Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Drove to a baseball game today. After the game the JLUR won't unlock. The red light on the fob was blinking but the Jeep wouldn't unlock. I used the key to gain entry which set off the alarm. Pressing the Unlock, Lock and/or Panic buttons would not shut off the alarm. I pulled the horn fuse to stop drawing attention in the parking lot. After about 15 minutes or so the Jeep would lock/unlock with the fob. Got in and it started.

Anyone else have an issue like this? If so, what was the cause? Either way, I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.
Sponsored

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Could be a dying battery

myers688

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport S 3.6l
Drove to a baseball game today. After the game the JLUR won't unlock. The red light on the fob was blinking but the Jeep wouldn't unlock. I used the key to gain entry which set off the alarm. Pressing the Unlock, Lock and/or Panic buttons would not shut off the alarm. I pulled the horn fuse to stop drawing attention in the parking lot. After about 15 minutes or so the Jeep would lock/unlock with the fob. Got in and it started.

Anyone else have an issue like this? If so, what was the cause? Either way, I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow.
I park in a big concrete garage at my apartment and I am having this same problem. I brought mine to the dealership for some other work and mentioned this problem, and they weren't able to duplicate it so they said everything was working fine. Let me know if you come up with anything.
Sponsored