Sponsored

Key Fob Information and Pics

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
The key fob is not that big just people being COMPLAINERS.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Maybe...just MAYBE...everyone is just small statured so the key fob appears to be HUGE to them. I do use it as a door stop at work though...just sayin'...;)

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Hate to be Debbie-Downer, but I kind of think that is Photoshopped.
You're right...it is photo-shopped. The fob is MUCH bigger than what is depicted in the picture.

Mousehunter

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLRU
I have 5 cars with fobs. Unfortunate trend is larger and larger. To a car the newer the year model the larger the fob. The Jeep is yet larger than the 2017 F250, that was much larger than the 2015 golf. Which is larger (but not by much) than the 2011 Toyota. The 2007 Mustang and 2000 Z71 are smallest (older ones might have been very marginally larger than the 2000

Sponsored

citzen z

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty (Daily Driver), 2018 JL Sport
Occupation
Amateur Astrophysicist and new Jeep Enthusiast
i have 3 vehicles and 3 fobs. I just carry the one I will be driving. not going to carry all that stuff around

tommygiggles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Ok, here is maybe a dumb question: If you have a JL/JLU sport with manual door locks and manual windows, why does the key fob have a lock and unlock button???? What could / does it lock and unlock?
I've looked for a pic but my dealer always has the Jeep side towards the camera for all of their sports...
For everyone wondering how ridiculous the fob looks if you have manual locks, here it is.

fob2.jpg fob1.jpg

I'm almost guaranteed to lock myself out of my JL at some point, since the fob is too big to keep in my pocket while driving, and without remote locks I manually lock the door on my way out of the car.
Here's a picture.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I think all vehicles should come with auto doors and looks. make it standard of all of them

Jlb27537

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Pilot, '12 Ram 3500 DRW Cummins
Occupation
Retired
I have yet to order my '19 Rubi, but I did order a fob holder from Wilson Leather. Got one with a clip on it for the wife to clip on her purse.

First class leather work. There is a thread here on the forum about the fob holder. I consider it the first option I ordered for my first Jeep.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I work cargo shorts and I have no problem with the key fob I don't know what people where they say they can't get this in your pocket your genes must be really tight LOL.You don't wear skinny jeans do you LOL just kidding

Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
I work cargo shorts and I have no problem with the key fob I don't know what people where they say they can't get this in your pocket your genes must be really tight LOL.You don't wear skinny jeans do you LOL just kidding
It could be women saying they don't fit. The pockets in my 10 year old daughter's shorts are deeper than the pockets in my Levis (and I have WAAAAY too many curves going to even attempt skinny jeans, so that is not the issue).

RubenZ

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Website
myjlproject.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F-250, 18’ Toyota 4Runner

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I like the key fob. I see zero issues within.

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I like the key fob. I see zero issues within.
Have you opened yours up to see within? I'd wager heavy there is a tiny CB with a lot of extra space that is a complete waste adding unnecessary size and unwanted bulk to the housing.
Sponsored