Sponsored

Key Fob Information and Pics

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
If you can start the engine by pushing the fob to the start button as described in the manual without a battery in the fob, then you can just hide the fob inside the Jeep. Have an extra key made or remove the key from the fob to unlock the doors. This might be an idea for a base Sport so I don't have to carry around the fob in my pocket.
Sponsored

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Dumb question, are two fobs included with the car?

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
Dumb question, are two fobs included with the car?
Yes, it's not too big, people are making something out of nothing. Much easier to use with bigger buttons and a holder that's made for it to fit in.

Sponsored

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Don't worry Jeepers. The aftermarket will have something soon.

beltclip.jpg
Wrangler owners are pretentious. They want everyone to know they drive the newest and greatest Wrangler of all time! (and most expensive).

Built in AED would be nice for those "Oh Sh*t" moments while crawling.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any confirmation that a base sport will even have the same type of key/fob? I mean I know it has push button start so it will have some type of coded key, but is it the same exact large fob or is it more like a standard key with coding part stuffed in the grip like most electronic pre push button start keys? The only reason I ask is because my 2012 Sport just has a basic standard key with the ignition security code stuff in the top like a lot of cars prior to push button start....and because I have manual locks. I know the standard wrangler/dodge key without push button start is that black triangular key with unlock buttons. There has to be some type of difference in the fobs because Sport owners will need easy access to the key to just get the door open....unless that button in the pictures is a flip out key button like other manufacturers use....the whole hidden key manual remove from inside the fob thing would not be Jeeps only option for Sport owners.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Is there any confirmation that a base sport will even have the same type of key/fob? I mean I know it has push button start so it will have some type of coded key, but is it the same exact large fob or is it more like a standard key with coding part stuffed in the grip like most electronic pre push button start keys? The only reason I ask is because my 2012 Sport just has a basic standard key with the ignition security code stuff in the top like a lot of cars prior to push button start....and because I have manual locks. I know the standard wrangler/dodge key without push button start is that black triangular key with unlock buttons. There has to be some type of difference in the fobs because Sport owners will need easy access to the key to just get the door open....unless that button in the pictures is a flip out key button like other manufacturers use....the whole hidden key manual remove from inside the fob thing would not be Jeeps only option for Sport owners.
Yes, flip out key. Not sure if it's spring loaded.

The owner's manual only shows one style of key fob so most likely that's the only one regardless of trim or options.
Sponsored