Key Fob Information and Pics

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Y’all got some tiny hands. Fob size is just right for me. No fumbling with something hard to hold on to.
Sponsored

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Some of you ladies need to stop borrowing your sisters' pants if the FOB is too big for you :giggle:

That said, it would be nice if the larger size was due to waterproofing, or even better, if you could get an "activity key" like Jaguar and (I think) Land Rover now offer, a Fitbit-esque bracelet to wear instead of bringing the key with you for things like the beach, mountain biking, running, etc. Seems like an obvious thing Jeep could offer, would be right in their demographic's wheel house.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jaguar-land-rover-activity-key-sales-f-pace-velar-e-pace-hot/

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Some of you ladies need to stop borrowing your sisters' pants if the FOB is too big for you :giggle:
You all are lucky you don't have to deal with actually buying women's clothes. I would LOVE functional pockets. My 10 year old daughter has pockets in her shorts that are deeper than the ones in my jeans.

Maybe I need @BillG and his giant man hands to carry the fob around for me. ;)

(Disclaimer: I actually don't care how big the fob is because I already made it bigger by adding the fob holder from @Blkjak I just throw it all in my R2D2 purse and forget it--since there is no way for it to actually fit in my girl jean pockets. I can't even fit a house key in there.)

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
You all are lucky you don't have to deal with actually buying women's clothes. I would LOVE functional pockets.
True, but my wife carries around a fancy (read: expensive) purse that is big enough to hold a spare tire, so FOB size isn't a concern for her.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
True, but my wife carries around a fancy (read: expensive) purse that is big enough to hold a spare tire, so FOB size isn't a concern for her.
I used to do the expensive giant purse thing when I had to carry kid supplies. Now I carry ones like these (or my Boba Fett, which I don't have a picture of).

R2D2Bag.jpg
DeadpoolBag.jpg

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You all are lucky you don't have to deal with actually buying women's clothes. I would LOVE functional pockets. My 10 year old daughter has pockets in her shorts that are deeper than the ones in my jeans.

Maybe I need @BillG and his giant man hands to carry the fob around for me. ;)

(Disclaimer: I actually don't care how big the fob is because I already made it bigger by adding the fob holder from @Blkjak I just throw it all in my R2D2 purse and forget it--since there is no way for it to actually fit in my girl jean pockets. I can't even fit a house key in there.)
Umm you’re assuming we men don’t buy women’s clothes.... it’s 2018 you should never assume anything anymore :facepalm:.
Seriously though 90% of the time I’m wearing bib overalls. The fob could bigger and it wouldn’t bother me much. Mine is in one of his clipless holsters in my pocket now.:cwl:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way @MALL R8D ... I’ve seen pictures of you...don’t know if I’d carry your fob all day, but I’d hold your purse at the mall for a few minutes ;)

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way @MALL R8D ... I’ve seen pictures of you...don’t know if I’d carry your fob all day, but I’d hold your purse at the mall for a few minutes ;)
Well, it is a really cool purse.

(You literally made me laugh out loud with that comment, by the way.)

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

That said, it would be nice if the larger size was due to waterproofing, or even better, if you could get an "activity key" like Jaguar and (I think) Land Rover now offer, a Fitbit-esque bracelet to wear instead of bringing the key with you for things like the beach, mountain biking, running, etc. Seems like an obvious thing Jeep could offer, would be right in their demographic's wheel house.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jaguar-land-rover-activity-key-sales-f-pace-velar-e-pace-hot/
That is pretty awesome. This is literally my usage case, none of which I am wearing pants for sisters or not lol.
Sponsored