Sponsored

Kentucky Adventure Tour Trail

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Has anyone taken their Jeep on the KY Adventure Tour Trail? From the description and Youtube channel it seems like some sections get fairly narrow. I will have to wait until summer to take it, 5 days shouldnt be hard, will just drop my wife and kid off with her kinfolk out on one of the trail sections :rock:

From a 2013 post elsewhere
https://advrider.com/f/threads/the-kentucky-adventure-tour-kat.919224/

“This is a 900 mile loop (not counting the hard sections) around the hills and mountains of south eastern Kentucky. It is about 40% rural narrow twisty paved roads with the rest being gravel, dirt roads and trails. It will take 5 full summer days of riding to complete the main loop. It will take 5-6 days if you take the hard sections.
This loop does go through some active coal mining areas but the roads are still open to the public. You may run into a situation where the road is shut down due to work or blasting. There will be a security guard and or signs, the guards that I have spoken with are very friendly and more than happy to tell you a way around.”
Sponsored

Loki Kai

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I grew up at the far right corner of that trail map. Where you see Red Jacket, Gilbert, Iaeger, and Paw Paw there is an area that is BLANK on most maps where WV, KY, and VA borders meet. That's the place. GREAT place to grow up as a kid and we TORE some SH!T up back then. Old Jeeps, Broncos, various Pickups, Motorcycles and anything we could get a running engine in or on....Good Times! The Hatfield and McCoy Trail is the BIG deal in that area now and requires a permit for mostly ATV/UTV/Motorcycles. I still have property and family in the area and there are literally 100's of miles of off road possibilities. Better take a chain saw and a WINCH is a MUST. Funny thing is I drove my elderly mother there to visit some family last week and was thinking it would be nice to organize a trip and stay in my Uncles cabin for a few days.
Sponsored