Kentrol Door Hinge Delrin Bushings, Guide Pins and Custom Caps

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Just installed the Kentrol door hinge delrin bushings, stainless guide pins and I made some rubber caps for the guide pins. Install was a snap, and the guide pins are a must for anyone going doorless. The stock door hinge bushing liners are easy to remove. I followed the official Kentrol video on YouTube. Make sure to crush and knock them out from the top on JLs as the video demonstrates. The stocker liners have a flange on the bottom that prevents the removal from the bottom like you normally would on a JK. I used some masking tape around the hinge in case I accidentally slipped with the screwdriver and/or hammer.
Also here is the video on the guide pins installation as well.

I lubed the Kentrol liners inner and outer with some Fluid Film for both lubrication and corrosion resistance.

I leave the Kentrol guide pins attached on my Jeep year round since they are T304 stainless. I didn’t care for the look of the silver guide pins on my blacked out Willys, so I made some removable black rubber caps for them just for aesthetics. The rubber caps were 3mm too long for the upper hinge pin guide, and 8mm too long for the lower hinge pin guide. I trimmed them with a sharp exacto blade. Turned out awesome.

Kentrol Liners: https://www.quadratec.com/p/kentrol/door-hinge-liners-jeep-wrangler-jl-4-door-unlimited

Kentrol Guide Pins: https://www.quadratec.com/p/kentrol/door-alignment-pins-jeep-wrangler-jl

SBD Rubber Caps:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BVCBS71?

7D33391A-9173-429A-95B0-2F4E0078CFBB.jpeg
242F7F17-82B6-43BC-914A-1F6EFEF985FC.jpeg
317F6980-581C-4551-B435-6D62A2D5E4ED.jpeg
37EBE646-7C96-4A47-949C-8C090F6C04C7.jpeg
404825D1-4351-4C11-BD1B-6928C38B5FFE.jpeg
E505A15D-D5EF-4452-8210-9A7EB656A4FB.jpeg
Sponsored

Kurobi

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
This is great. Do you keep the pins on the doors all the time or remove and out the bolts when you put the doors back on? And do the black sleeves stay on the Pins when removing the doors, love the black look idea

Howhow

First Name
Howhow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU sport
How do the rubber caps work going into the hinge, or do you just pop those on and off?

Man those pins must be way quicker. I have a Milwaukee auto ratchet and bit I use too get the bolts out quick but this seems way better.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
This is great. Do you keep the pins on the doors all the time or remove and out the bolts when you put the doors back on? And do the black sleeves stay on the Pins when removing the doors, love the black look idea
I keep the stainless door pins and caps on year round. I remove the black rubber caps only when I remove the doors. I was initially afraid of loosing the black caps in car washes, but they stay on. Haven't lost one yet.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
How do the rubber caps work going into the hinge, or do you just pop those on and off?

Man those pins must be way quicker. I have a Milwaukee auto ratchet and bit I use too get the bolts out quick but this seems way better.
The rubber caps just cover the silver pins for looks only. The caps do not go into the hinge. Yes the caps pop right on and off. The caps slide on and off really easy. I do put Fluidfilm on the pins to eliminate any corrosion even though the pins are 304 stainless.

The door pins are a life saver when reinstalling the doors. They really work great guiding the door pins into the hinges when reinstalling the doors.

Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have been looking into Delrin bushings and came across this thread. How are they holding up after about a year?

I bought my old JKU used with already corroded bushings and never thought to replace/upgrade, but this seems like a great preventative measure for my JL.

Also, never thought to leave the guide pins on year round with rubber caps. Looks great! Any issues with mud/sand/dirt accumulating in the hinges with the guide pins instead of the standard nuts?

Lastly, are the tops of the bushings the same thickness as the factory bushings? I know there are other brands and I do not want to mess with hinge alignment.

Original_Junior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JKURXR
Question, because I haven't read much about the need for this on JL's but, is it needed?
I had these on my JK and the delrin liners were a great fix for the JK steel ones that were prone to rust and cause problems when trying to remove your doors. I just haven't heard of the same issues with this on the JL as we did have on the JK.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I have been looking into Delrin bushings and came across this thread. How are they holding up after about a year?

I bought my old JKU used with already corroded bushings and never thought to replace/upgrade, but this seems like a great preventative measure for my JL.

Also, never thought to leave the guide pins on year round with rubber caps. Looks great! Any issues with mud/sand/dirt accumulating in the hinges with the guide pins instead of the standard nuts?

Lastly, are the tops of the bushings the same thickness as the factory bushings? I know there are other brands and I do not want to mess with hinge alignment.
No issues with anything. Holding up perfect. Idk about the thickness. I didn’t have to align anything, so prob pretty close to the stock thickness.

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Question, because I haven't read much about the need for this on JL's but, is it needed?
I had these on my JK and the delrin liners were a great fix for the JK steel ones that were prone to rust and cause problems when trying to remove your doors. I just haven't heard of the same issues with this on the JL as we did have on the JK.
IDK if it’s needed. I replaced mine just because.

Sponsored

DrtyFrank

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Driving around for Big Brown.
I bought these (Kentrol 7002) for my 18 JLU but the box clearly says “JK 2007 and up”. Before I go beating on the doors are these gonna fit? Can’t imagine them changing the inner sleeve size of the hinge. 🤷🏻‍♂️

OP
OP
Combat Chuck

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
I bought these (Kentrol 7002) for my 18 JLU but the box clearly says “JK 2007 and up”. Before I go beating on the doors are these gonna fit? Can’t imagine them changing the inner sleeve size of the hinge. 🤷🏻‍♂️
IDK if those will work or not. The correct p/n is 70012 for JLU.
Sponsored