Kent was the BEST!!!

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
Okay, I am very new to the Forum, BUT I know there is some buzz about Kent at Peterson in Nampa, ID, so I had to come add to it.

Kent and his team were wonderful to work with! His pricing was great and he made the experience one to remember!! Everything was very straight forward, he was transparent about everything that you typically feel like you could be blind sided by. It took me a long time to decide I wanted to get a Jeep but I pulled the trigger and from the first email to leaving I know I made a great decision!

He is 100% my Jeep guy now and I plan to go back to him or send my fam to him when needed!
Sponsored

JJ_WA

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Dakota, 2017 Cherokee, 2023 Willys XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Higher Education
Clubs

Congratulations, @Peep the Jeep!

I hope to hear from Kent @12psi early today on financing and travel arrangements. We're heading down on Friday to pick ours up.

When did you get your Jeep? What did you get? Options? Pics?

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
After purchasing my 2022 JLR, I've referred several to Kent. I will always check with Kent first before buying a new Jeep. He's a class act.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, Kent is great.

Just make sure to read all the fine print before you hop on a plane, though. Their discounted prices come with all sorts of strings attached in terms of how much you can put down, how much you have to finance, who you have to use for the financing, and how many payments you have to make before switching lenders.

OP
OP
Peep the Jeep

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
Yes, Kent is great.

Just make sure to read all the fine print before you hop on a plane, though. Their discounted prices come with all sorts of strings attached in terms of how much you can put down, how much you have to finance, who you have to use for the financing, and how many payments you have to make before switching lenders.

Oh yes, I knew all of the little things that we had to do to get the discount. Like I said he was very transparent with me. I knew it was the 6 payments and that I could only put a certain % down. They are a business they have to make their money somehow and if they are giving me a discount I don't mind helping them make their money up somewhere else! Its a win win win for all parties involved!

Did you purchase from him?

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oh yes, I knew all of the little things that we had to do to get the discount. Like I said he was very transparent with me. I knew it was the 6 payments and that I could only put a certain % down. They are a business they have to make their money somehow and if they are giving me a discount I don't mind helping them make their money up somewhere else! Its a win win win for all parties involved!

Did you purchase from him?
No. I got quotes from him and came close to buying, but then I saw the fine print.

I don’t have a problem with him, or any dealer for that matter, doing this. I simply wanted to put down a big chunk in cash and use my own credit union for the balance. Kent’s quote wouldn’t allow me to do either of those so I passed.

OP
OP
Peep the Jeep

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
No. I got quotes from him and came close to buying, but then I saw the fine print.

I don’t have a problem with him, or any dealer for that matter, doing this. I simply wanted to put down a big chunk in cash and use my own credit union for the balance. Kent’s quote wouldn’t allow me to do either of those so I passed.

Oh dang, who did you end up going with? I know there are people that have similar discounts but I had such a great time with Kent.

What we are going to be doing is putting a large payment down on our first payment (their finance team helped us figure all the numbers) and then you aren't stuck paying a crap ton of interest for the next payments. Like I said the 6 payments before paying off or moving to a CU wasnt a deal breaker for me!

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oh dang, who did you end up going with? I know there are people that have similar discounts but I had such a great time with Kent.

What we are going to be doing is putting a large payment down on our first payment (their finance team helped us figure all the numbers) and then you aren't stuck paying a crap ton of interest for the next payments. Like I said the 6 payments before paying off or moving to a CU wasnt a deal breaker for me!
I didn’t need to buy a new Jeep so I didn’t buy anything.

My 2018 JL still has only 18,000 miles today...

OP
OP
Peep the Jeep

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
I didn’t need to buy a new Jeep so I didn’t buy anything.

My 2018 JL still has only 18,000 miles today...
Congratulations, @Peep the Jeep!

I hope to hear from Kent @12psi early today on financing and travel arrangements. We're heading down on Friday to pick ours up.

When did you get your Jeep? What did you get? Options? Pics?
I got it Friday, I have this one that I took to show my brother but Kent is going to send me the ones he took! A friend and I are going up this weekend and I am hoping to get some sweet photos on the mountain. I just did a standard Rubi. You will have to share some photos when you get yours!

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

I think you mean Kent IS the best!

My intention was to pay off in full at the time of purchase, however I was OK with Kent's financing as the overall deal was way better than what anybody locally would even talk about.
Yes the down payment was sort of small, but you can pay as much extra as you like between payments 1 and 6. Since a car loan is simple interest, the extra payments cut down the amount of interest paid overall.
I get it if you intend to finance longer term - a few more flaming hoops to jump through to switch lenders at 6 months, but the simplicity, savings and transparency at every step of the way was worth it for me

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peep the Jeep

Peep the Jeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wrangler
I think you mean Kent IS the best!

My intention was to pay off in full at the time of purchase, however I was OK with Kent's financing as the overall deal was way better than what anybody locally would even talk about.
Yes the down payment was sort of small, but you can pay as much extra as you like between payments 1 and 6. Since a car loan is simple interest, the extra payments cut down the amount of interest paid overall.
I get it if you intend to finance longer term - a few more flaming hoops to jump through to switch lenders at 6 months, but the simplicity, savings and transparency at every step of the way was worth it for me

Haha yes you are totally right , IS the best! I felt the same way as far as the money goes! What did you get from him?