First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
No the contract cannot say there is a penalty for paying off a SIMPLE INTEREST LOAN PERIOD!! You are clueless sorry if the contract said that then by definition it would not be a simple interest loan!! There is no simple interest car loans that would ever have this early payoff penalty period written in them or again it would not be a simple interest loan! You clearly do not know what you are talking about!
Sigh. You again? And lastly, "simple interest" only has to do with how the interest is calculated. It doesn't cover things like what day of the month you pay, or what is the late fee, or what is the fee (if any) for closing out the loan early, etc, etc.

If you insist, then you win! :CWL: .
You get the last word. Make it count...
Sponsored

MikeLSV

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Ordered my 4xe JLUR in May from Kent, picked up mid-August. My experience matches yours - I wouldn't hesitate to buy through Kent and Peterson again. Completely painless and all seemed on the up and up.

areuriding

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon XR
Well crap, I ordered from them and currently waiting. I had no idea you could only put down 5%. Why is that. I was gonna drop 30k up front on a 70k jeep so I could get low monthly payments. I guess that means I'll have to refinance after the 6 payments which means my rate won't be so great as it'll be used and not new.. WTF

Kyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'91 Ram W250
Well crap, I ordered from them and currently waiting. I had no idea you could only put down 5%. Why is that. I was gonna drop 30k up front on a 70k jeep so I could get low monthly payments. I guess that means I'll have to refinance after the 6 payments which means my rate won't be so great as it'll be used and not new.. WTF
Not sure if it's all lenders but the one I'll be switching to after 6 months, Navy Federal Credit Union, will still count my Jeep as new when I refinance with them. Copy and pasted from their website: New Vehicles: 2020, 2021 and 2022 model years with 7,499 miles or less.

We'll see where the interest rates are in 6 months though. Perhaps better but perhaps not, I'm still in search of a crystal ball.

Sponsored

Scoobyj

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Audi A4, 2006 Dodge Durango, 2020 JLR 2 Door Sting Grey
Another cheer for Kent! Bought my 2 Door Rubicon from him last year in July. He went above and beyond to get me what I wanted.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
I had no idea about this either. Was also planning on a bigger down payment

Moriarty

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR Gobi
For those of you getting ready to order a Jeep, here's some feedback on Kent, who will likely be on your short list of dealers to work with. It's not his first review here on the forum but it's one of those rare times I feel compelled to rave about something myself.

I will preface my review with the fact that I DESPISE working with car salesmen. I've never had a good experience (until now) and avoid shopping with them like the plague. I would normally never buy new but given the current used car market it was the smart play.

First regarding Kent: he's a stand up dude. He's a straight shooter and very up front about how they make their money. My radar was on full alert the whole time and I never caught a whiff of bullshit from him. He does something like 30 of these out of state Tread Lightly deals a month and it's a cut and dry process. Tell him the build, confirm the build, place a $1k deposit, and wait 6-10 weeks to pick it up in Boise.

MSRP on our jeep was $55,185. The tread lightly discount brought it down to around $51,000 and then Kent offers an incentive for financing through them worth a couple grand. Our final price was $48,685, so roughly 12% below MSRP. He's upfront about the fact that the financing rate they get you is 1-2% higher than what you could get on your own and they ask that you just make 4-6 payments (depending on the lender) before refinancing. You can only put a maximum of 5% down at the time of purchase. My rate with them ended up being 3.8% so it's not like they fly you in and then whack you with a ridiculously high interest rate. We did all the loan paperwork ahead of time and knew the interest rate before we ever got on the plane.

Kent drove clear across the Boise metro to pick us up himself when we arrived. We checked the vehicle over and took it for a quick spin, and then headed into the finance office to do the paperwork. The F&I manager was easy to work with too. He did a low-key version of the typical sales routine to try and upsell finance products (warranties, add-ons, etc..) but he wasn't overly pushy by any means. He pretty quickly figured out we weren't buying and laid off the pitch after that. It took 20ish minutes and then we were handed our keys.

By an large, I am very impressed by Kent's program there. I'm the kind of guy that wants top notch service AND a good deal AND I don't want to haggle. Kent offers that and has probably won my CJDR business for life. As others have mentioned, he can be slow to reply via email but he never missed a beat when it was important and when it comes time to coordinate pick up he started texting us.

So anyways, if you want a good deal AND a good buying experience, Kent's your man.
I second this write up! Our experience was the same with our JTR order 2 years ago. Congrats on your Jeep!
Safe travels.

summer4x

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
It's because they're not selling Jeeps, they're selling financial products. That's why the only thing that matters to me is the CASH price. Dealers who advertise great deals where they saddle you into high interest loans with massive payments each month aren't really a great deal at all.
Sponsored