Sponsored

Kent at Peterson Jeep, Nampa Idaho - Highly recommend

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It’s okay to feel scared. I’d fly anywhere in a heartbeat, especially now.
If I didn’t have loved ones with pre-existing conditions, I’d probably be more open to it assuming everyone had masks on. But that’s where the fear comes from — getting it and transmitting it on. Even more concerning knowing people with family that have died from it.

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Yea I feel you man. Some dealers bait you in with great prices on their websites and once you go in, they treat you like a retard for believing the web prices.
Above all, AVOID HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP AT ALL COST! They're the most sleazy, unethical dealer I have ever "dealt" with. They charge a "mandatory" $4500 for paint protection, GPS tracking that's on all the cars as they say. I said nothing not on sticker should be tagged on top of price unless the customer specifically asks for it. And they go onto say even with the $4500, it's the best deal you'll get anywhere. lol
I told them to take that BS back to their moms and left.

I started looking out of state until I found Rob's info here and it's been a pleasure. Only reason I didn't pursue buying from out of state is because I heard you don't qualify for lemon laws if bought out of state. So that was a big reason I kept looking to get one from a CA dealer.

Congrats on your new ride btw!
Is that correct that you wouldn't qualify for lemon law if anything goes wrong?

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I was doing some research on it after you mentioned it. Seems there’s a little “gray” area depending on how the transaction was conducted. It’s not crystal clear and still potentially not worth the risk if this is an important factor in your buying process, however there may be flexibility depending on the lawyer you work with and whether or not they interpret your transaction as a rightfully California sold vehicle. Where I’m going with this, is if you buy your vehicle, you pay California sales tax, and you immediately pay California registration, it MIGHT still be covered.

I suspect the reason for the California sold law is they don’t want to cover people who transfer the vehicle from out of state. This would make sense since you never paid California sales tax and granted the two way mutual benefit.

Sponsored

mike.g

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
This is tricky now. Where are all lawyers member here maybe they can help to understand this better. This is pretty important I would giving the fact the price of these cars keep increasing and every year there seem to be a new issue, gotta make sure at least we are covered by this law. :LOL:

socaljl

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2020 JLUR
I was doing some research on it after you mentioned it. Seems there’s a little “gray” area depending on how the transaction was conducted. It’s not crystal clear and still potentially not worth the risk if this is an important factor in your buying process, however there may be flexibility depending on the lawyer you work with and whether or not they interpret your transaction as a rightfully California sold vehicle. Where I’m going with this, is if you buy your vehicle, you pay California sales tax, and you immediately pay California registration, it MIGHT still be covered.

I suspect the reason for the California sold law is they don’t want to cover people who transfer the vehicle from out of state. This would make sense since you never paid California sales tax and granted the two way mutual benefit.
Yea.. you could fall under the gray area and be covered. But I thought it wasn't worth the risk knowing the admission price and wanted that peace of mind just in case. I mean it seems the JL is pretty reliable, but you just never know. If I was looking at used, this wouldn't have been a big issue, but not when buying new, at least for me. I just wanted as good of "insurance" as possible.

Although I have been researching into this I still am not 100% sure if buying from another state would be without question disqualify you from the CA lemon laws or would be case by case.

Either way, it just sucks that some of CA people need to look out of state given horrible dealers around us. There are so many dealers, but most of them are just plain pain in the ass to work with. It's so backwards that it blows my mind. I have shopped at other German and Japanese dealers, and not once did I have a bad experience. It was all positive experience, maybe I was just lucky before and extremely unlucky with the Jeep shopping. *shrug*

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
We bought ours from him in early May.

I concur with the OP.

IMG_0055.jpg

thrasher949

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Kent is a great guy, got 1 jeep from him before. However the depletion in inventory is making his dealer raise prices for in stock units. You can still get a killer deal on a 21' order, but expect to pay more now for a in stock 20'.
Sponsored