Sponsored

Kent at Peterson Jeep, Nampa Idaho - Highly recommend

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hi All,
I know he's already got some other forum member reviews, but I just wanted to share my own experience for any current or prospective buyers.
Over the last 2 months I've been shopping for a JLUR in Southern California. Calling dealer after dealer was becoming exhausting, to say the least. With enough research on the forums, we all know what kind of "deals" can be had, and the Southern California dealers were not coming remotely close. Lately with everything related to COVID, it has become evident, and believable that dealers are becoming less flexible on their pricing. 1) Jeeps are very popular still, and very much in high demand. 2) it's difficult to replace inventory as the factory was shut down for some time. This will self correct now that the factory has re-opened.

After exhaustive extensive searching close to home, several forum members had recommended to call Kent. Kent was very professional and courteous. I don't know about the rest of the dealers from around the country, but here in Southern California, there's a lot of "young" people working at the dealers that want to be your bro and talk to you like you are having drinks in a night club. I'm not your bro... I'm not your pal, this is a business transaction, show me an ounce of professionalism please... ok sorry that's my side rant... Getting back to Kent. He was very nice easy to talk to, very matter of fact, and very direct and straight to the point. All of which are qualities I have great appreciation for. He asked me a few pointed clarifying questions, and said "I'll have an email with a price to you shortly". 2 days later, the deal was done and I was frantically planning travel arrangements to fly to Idaho, and drive my jeep home to California. I flew in on a Saturday afternoon, Kent had freed up his schedule and was kind enough to pick me up from the airport in a sweet Dodge Ram. This saved me a small Uber trip, but more importantly, the kind gesture spoke louder than anything else. Id also like to note, Kent can handle all paperwork electronically, and can ship vehicles anywhere in the country. So if you are dead set on what you want, and simply just need to find the right price, I highly recommend giving him the opportunity to do business. It was a last ditch attempt for me to find the jeep I wanted, and I wish I would have started with him first.

My deal worked out to 12% off MSRP, no negotiating, haggling, etc.

Thank you for the great service, Kent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kent at Peterson Jeep, Nampa Idaho - Highly recommend 1592280641349
Sponsored

Last edited:

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
there's a lot of "young" people working at the dealers that want to be your bro and talk to you like you are having drinks in a night club. I'm not your bro... I'm not your pal, this is a business transaction, show me an ounce of professionalism please...
:CWL:

Ironic that you weren't looking for a bro but you found one anyway in Kent. Nice Jeep btw.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
:CWL:

Ironic that you weren't looking for a bro but you found one anyway in Kent. Nice Jeep btw.
I see the irony, lol. Let's refer to him as a friendly and professional salesmen... I don't think i can even begin to describe what the car sales culture is like here in Southern California, without getting annoyed.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
New to the forum, although Iā€™ve been lurking since before the JL was released. I just ordered a vehicle though Kent a few weeks ago and have had a similar experience thus far.

I had looked at several dealerships in Phoenix, including one where my dad has purchased 8-10 work trucks. His sales person half blew me off and wouldnā€™t come below invoice. Another dealer, who was the most salesy, told me that the system wasnā€™t letting them order a Rubicon with the diesel, so he tried to talk me into a Sahara with the diesel. That was the end of that talk. Another dealer, where I really liked the young sales guy that helped me got his manager $1000 under invoice, but no further. And a 4th, said they would match that, but wouldnā€™t beat it. I was forward with all of them, stating that Iwould buy one right then if they could figure out how to get to 6% below invoice. No luck after 10 days and several dealership visits.

So, I decided to look elsewhere. I remembered reading on the forum that there were good deals to be had in Idaho. Found a thread with Kentā€™s name and contact info and gave him a call. I sent him the build sheet for what I wanted and within 2 hours he had a deal in front of me for 7% below invoice, no negotiating needed! I wish I would have skipped all the BS in town and called him straight away. Kent was forward, just as I had been with him and others, and gave me the best possible deal without me having to play games, which every dealership in Phoenix wanted to do. Canā€™t say enough about my experience so far.

My build should be ready towards the end of July, so why not use it as an excuse to get out of this Arizona heat and make a vacation out of it. Iā€™m thinking of swinging by Sun Valley, down through Park City, break it in a bit in Moab, then either go west to Sand Hollow/Zion (Iā€™ve never been) or east to Telluride (my favorite place in the world), before heading back to Phoenix.

Like so many others have said on the forum, Kent has been a class act and values your time. Iā€™d highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best deal and no games.

Sponsored

socaljl

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Incoming 2020 JLUR
Yea I feel you man. Some dealers bait you in with great prices on their websites and once you go in, they treat you like a retard for believing the web prices.
Above all, AVOID HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP AT ALL COST! They're the most sleazy, unethical dealer I have ever "dealt" with. They charge a "mandatory" $4500 for paint protection, GPS tracking that's on all the cars as they say. I said nothing not on sticker should be tagged on top of price unless the customer specifically asks for it. And they go onto say even with the $4500, it's the best deal you'll get anywhere. lol
I told them to take that BS back to their moms and left.

I started looking out of state until I found Rob's info here and it's been a pleasure. Only reason I didn't pursue buying from out of state is because I heard you don't qualify for lemon laws if bought out of state. So that was a big reason I kept looking to get one from a CA dealer.

Congrats on your new ride btw!

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Jody Anderson is great to deal with as well!

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Oh man, thatā€™s something Iā€™ll need to look into. Thanks for the heads up on that. Hopefully it wonā€™t be an issue.

Yea I feel you man. Some dealers bait you in with great prices on their websites and once you go in, they treat you like a retard for believing the web prices.
Above all, AVOID HUNTINGTON BEACH JEEP AT ALL COST! They're the most sleazy, unethical dealer I have ever "dealt" with. They charge a "mandatory" $4500 for paint protection, GPS tracking that's on all the cars as they say. I said nothing not on sticker should be tagged on top of price unless the customer specifically asks for it. And they go onto say even with the $4500, it's the best deal you'll get anywhere. lol
I told them to take that BS back to their moms and left.

I started looking out of state until I found Rob's info here and it's been a pleasure. Only reason I didn't pursue buying from out of state is because I heard you don't qualify for lemon laws if bought out of state. So that was a big reason I kept looking to get one from a CA dealer.

Congrats on your new ride btw!

Buddhafist24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Hi All,
I know he's already got some other forum member reviews, but I just wanted to share my own experience for any current or prospective buyers.
Over the last 2 months I've been shopping for a JLUR in Southern California. Calling dealer after dealer was becoming exhausting, to say the least. With enough research on the forums, we all know what kind of "deals" can be had, and the Southern California dealers were not coming remotely close. Lately with everything related to COVID, it has become evident, and believable that dealers are becoming less flexible on their pricing. 1) Jeeps are very popular still, and very much in high demand. 2) it's difficult to replace inventory as the factory was shut down for some time. This will self correct now that the factory has re-opened.

After exhaustive extensive searching close to home, several forum members had recommended to call Kent. Kent was very professional and courteous. I don't know about the rest of the dealers from around the country, but here in Southern California, there's a lot of "young" people working at the dealers that want to be your bro and talk to you like you are having drinks in a night club. I'm not your bro... I'm not your pal, this is a business transaction, show me an ounce of professionalism please... ok sorry that's my side rant... Getting back to Kent. He was very nice easy to talk to, very matter of fact, and very direct and straight to the point. All of which are qualities I have great appreciation for. He asked me a few pointed clarifying questions, and said "I'll have an email with a price to you shortly". 2 days later, the deal was done and I was frantically planning travel arrangements to fly to Idaho, and drive my jeep home to California. I flew in on a Saturday afternoon, Kent had freed up his schedule and was kind enough to pick me up from the airport in a sweet Dodge Ram. This saved me a small Uber trip, but more importantly, the kind gesture spoke louder than anything else. Id also like to note, Kent can handle all paperwork electronically, and can ship vehicles anywhere in the country. So if you are dead set on what you want, and simply just need to find the right price, I highly recommend giving him the opportunity to do business. It was a last ditch attempt for me to find the jeep I wanted, and I wish I would have started with him first.

My deal worked out to 12% off MSRP, no negotiating, haggling, etc.

Thank you for the great service, Kent.
Jeep Wrangler JL Kent at Peterson Jeep, Nampa Idaho - Highly recommend 1592280641349
Was your purchase a new build or off the lot?

I'm looking to get something very similar to yours :like:

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Good morning,
I did purchase off the lot. This particular Jeep was configured nearly identical to everything I wanted and goes as follows:
2.0 turbo, leather package, LED package, cold weather package, safety package, tow package, color matched fenders, black 3 piece hard top, proximity door unlocks, remote start (I've heard some say remote start comes on all 2020's now). The only option i didn't get was the adaptive cruise control, but I'm not too bothered by that one. In all reality, my recent vehicles have had them and it's a "nice to have" but never used them. His parts shop added the front steal bumper and hot heads headliner for me.

I believe they still have a silver, white, and maybe metallic gun metal configured the exact same way. I had a tough toss up between the red and billet silver. Ended up with the red :)

You can check their inventory online, or as another member mentioned, Kent can order up exactly what you want and the turn around time didn't seem unreasonable. Hope this helps!

Was your purchase a new build or off the lot?

I'm looking to get something very similar to yours :like:

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
New to the forum, although Iā€™ve been lurking since before the JL was released. I just ordered a vehicle though Kent a few weeks ago and have had a similar experience thus far.

I had looked at several dealerships in Phoenix, including one where my dad has purchased 8-10 work trucks. His sales person half blew me off and wouldnā€™t come below invoice. Another dealer, who was the most salesy, told me that the system wasnā€™t letting them order a Rubicon with the diesel, so he tried to talk me into a Sahara with the diesel. That was the end of that talk. Another dealer, where I really liked the young sales guy that helped me got his manager $1000 under invoice, but no further. And a 4th, said they would match that, but wouldnā€™t beat it. I was forward with all of them, stating that Iwould buy one right then if they could figure out how to get to 6% below invoice. No luck after 10 days and several dealership visits.

So, I decided to look elsewhere. I remembered reading on the forum that there were good deals to be had in Idaho. Found a thread with Kentā€™s name and contact info and gave him a call. I sent him the build sheet for what I wanted and within 2 hours he had a deal in front of me for 7% below invoice, no negotiating needed! I wish I would have skipped all the BS in town and called him straight away. Kent was forward, just as I had been with him and others, and gave me the best possible deal without me having to play games, which every dealership in Phoenix wanted to do. Canā€™t say enough about my experience so far.

My build should be ready towards the end of July, so why not use it as an excuse to get out of this Arizona heat and make a vacation out of it. Iā€™m thinking of swinging by Sun Valley, down through Park City, break it in a bit in Moab, then either go west to Sand Hollow/Zion (Iā€™ve never been) or east to Telluride (my favorite place in the world), before heading back to Phoenix.

Like so many others have said on the forum, Kent has been a class act and values your time. Iā€™d highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best deal and no games.
This is where I'm at... I got 13% off MSRP from Chapman on my '19 JLUR, but even knowing what deal they gave before, this time I'm only at 8% under MSRP. Market conditions are different now. I might have to reach out to Kent. 5% off MSRP is $50/month on a lease.

That said, I won't fly -- I'd have it shipped in as I'm too afraid to get on a plane right now.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JLURD, ā€˜02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
This is where I'm at... I got 13% off MSRP from Chapman on my '19 JLUR, but even knowing what deal they gave before, this time I'm only at 8% under MSRP. Market conditions are different now. I might have to reach out to Kent. 5% off MSRP is $50/month on a lease.

That said, I won't fly -- I'd have it shipped in as I'm too afraid to get on a plane right now.
You could probably ship it for $1000 or less so still worth it if Chapman wonā€™t play ball with you. They didnā€™t with me.

OP
OP

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Kent did indicate to me the discounts aren't as strong on a lease. But I'd still recommend seeing what he can do.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kent did indicate to me the discounts aren't as strong on a lease. But I'd still recommend seeing what he can do.
My guess is they have some kick banks from financing partners that drop that to 7%. But yeah, can't hurt.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could probably ship it for $1000 or less so still worth it if Chapman wonā€™t play ball with you. They didnā€™t with me.
Yeah... I guess I could get it PPF'd up there and then shipped. As opposed to risking chips and getting it PPF'd after it gets here.
Sponsored