Sponsored

Keep the J6 Hope Alive

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
If Ford comes out with a 2 door Ranger, as the article suggested,that might push Stellantis into J6 territory.
I prefer an extended cab, so my GSDs can ride in the cab in air conditioned comfort. A 6' box, or open floor plan, with or without optional bulkhead, would be true to the original Scrambler. Fingers and Paws crossed !

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I will say, only a two-door version is something I'd consider.

ETA, with a flat-bad/tray.

Bback58

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2 dr, 6 spd, 2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland automatic
I'd trade my Gladiator for this beauty in a heartbeat. This is what I wanted in the first place when I heard Jeep was coming out with a pickup. I remember seeing photos of that 2006 green concept Jeep pickup with the spare tire mounted on the side and the super cab. I think this one looks even better. One can always dream I guess.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Man, it's a tough call. I'd want one, but doubt Jeep will build it. It can't compete for fleet business, unless they offered a 2WD spripper for pool guys, pest control, etc. Actually, Toyota has that market cornered due to their composite inner bed which is very chemical resistant.

If they don't build it, at least they should sell that emblem with the vintage font. I definitely want that!

Sponsored

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
Hell yeah

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
I will trade my incoming 23 if they do. Take my money!

Reactions: AFD

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
I really wish 2 doors got love but nope, we can't have a sahara or any other fancy optioned trim anymore much less a truck. Yes im one of the few butthurt about no 2 dr sahara, I have had a sahara of each generation until now...

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I will trade my incoming 23 if they do. Take my money!
Took me over a year to pull the trigger on a factory order, so I'm guessing the J6 and turbo i6 are right around the corner, cuz that's what I really wanted 😬

I really wish 2 doors got love but nope, we can't have a sahara or any other fancy optioned trim anymore much less a truck. Yes im one of the few butthurt about no 2 dr sahara, I have had a sahara of each generation until now...
It pisses me off too, especially since they're still building 2-door Saharas for export. Didn't really need a Rubicon, but there was no other way to get a 2-door with painted top and fenders.

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
Took me over a year to pull the trigger on a factory order, so I'm guessing the J6 and turbo i6 are right around the corner, cuz that's what I really wanted 😬

It pisses me off too, especially since they're still building 2-door Saharas for export. Didn't really need a Rubicon, but there was no other way to get a 2-door with painted top and fenders.
My wife and I are almost 50, kid is grown and no dogs so absolutely no reason for 4 door anything. We bomb around in 300 hp mini cooper's for our dailies with no rear seats, We would absolutely drop money for a turbo i6 in a 2dr high altitude or something fancy like that with the auto 4wd option. Try finding something fancy in 2dr and 4x4 or awd, it doesn't exist (chevy, ford all of them cut trims and options off the 2drs) or audi and im done with them.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase
While it wouldn’t replace my 2 door I would definitely have one as a second Jeep instead of my Grand Cherokee.
Then again, if they dropped a hemi in it and painted it Bikini then maybe……..lol.

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I was a buyer for the J6 or other 2dr version of the JT. But those didn’t happen so now I have a 2dr Rubicon and I wont let it go.

Oncorhynchus

First Name
Moishe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Gray 3.6L
Would be well positioned for Latin America and Asian light duty commercial truck market. Whether it could compete with the established 2-door small truck players there is iffy. J6 would have to find a niche like Amazon delivery trucks or major purchase by the US Postal Service or other fleet uses in order to be viable in the US.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeep_DJ

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
My wife and I are almost 50, kid is grown and no dogs so absolutely no reason for 4 door anything. We bomb around in 300 hp mini cooper's for our dailies with no rear seats, We would absolutely drop money for a turbo i6 in a 2dr high altitude or something fancy like that with the auto 4wd option. Try finding something fancy in 2dr and 4x4 or awd, it doesn't exist (chevy, ford all of them cut trims and options off the 2drs) or audi and im done with them.
Not exactly apples to apples, but the redesigned Defender 90 2-door has options for a supercharged v6 and even a v8. Their prices have recently gone up quite a bit, but not very long ago you could get the P400 trim for about the same price as a Rubicon. Really can't think of anything else in a smaller 2-door with some off-road chops, and every other SUV these days looks like a lifted Camry.

Kindapointless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 2dr
Occupation
Parts guy for mini/bmw
Not exactly apples to apples, but the redesigned Defender 90 2-door has options for a supercharged v6 and even a v8. Their prices have recently gone up quite a bit, but not very long ago you could get the P400 trim for about the same price as a Rubicon. Really can't think of anything else in a smaller 2-door with some off-road chops, and every other SUV these days looks like a lifted Camry.
We had looked at those several times but the killer was the dealer was 4 hours away and we already went through a fiasco like that with range rover and the weekly trips for some dumb light being on. We went with the rubicon because parts would be available along with people to work on it when it breaks. Our minis already satisfy that bit of self hate where if they break down its a multi hour tow to someone who will even look at it.
Although after saying that the 4wd doesn't work, maps are horribly outdated (19q2) and alignment was so off that 70 was scary in the rain, frint drivers tire shows serious wear all within 3 weeks and 3 thousand miles since new. Stopped at 6 jeep dealerships on last weeks 1k roadtrip to complain that steering was getting worse as we were driving, nobody could get us in. Finally one below Nashville got us in and fixed her up in 30 minutes better then when it had 5 miles on it. 4wd still doesn't work at 3k miles though. Have a appointment in a month and a half to get it looked at lol.
Sponsored