Sponsored

Keep and upgrade my Sahara or trade it in for a Rubicon?

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Pros for each. Being new and not knowing the difference I started with a Sahara. It would probably have been cheaper and way easier to start with a Rubicon, but I've also learned alot along the way.
Yep. We went Rubicon from the get go right after looking at a Sport lifted. The reason for selling - the owner wanted to upgrade to a Rubicon. Hmm?

Have never looked back. Thing is a beast in 4Lo fully locked. Is actually amazing when used as it was designed. Going slow off-road with sway disconnected. Crawls at idle with zero slip over boulders.

For FSRs is def overkill - but oh so sweet overkill aired right down. Suspension and tires float the chassis super smooth and fast. Comparatively everyone else goes 10-20 whack whack whack while this cruises at 30-40 like nothing. Washboard and ruts and potholes. Smooth. Is an eye opener when set up for that.

Traction in 2Hi was plenty all throughout this past winter. Did not even need 4Hi getting to ski slopes. KO2s did a fantastic job. Granted a second winter set with full tread depth.

Has been perfectly fine stock OEM. With no pressing need or desire to mod. Everything works as it should. Which kinda makes sense.

Minor adds - Mopar hood and gas cap locks - Mopar rubber mats incl cargo - RR sill guards - AVS window deflectors - Yakima ski rack - WT mud guards - plus a bunch of TSBs upgrading original parts
Sponsored

Last edited: