Keep an eye on Sirius/XM

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I have a question about Sirius/XM....Other than the stations (music) IS IT Required for any of the other features ?, such as that Guardian service or any other option like over air updates with UConnect or even Off Road Pages (if they even exist)....?
Sponsored

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'm having issues with XM billing right now too.

When I got the JL I called and had my account updated with the new vehicle and was supposed to have the old vehicle removed. I paid for a year upfront with the JL.

Fast forward a couple months I see an XM charge for $22. Log into my account online and no Jeep anywhere only my old car.

Turns out they didnt cancel remove my old vehicle and add my Jeep. They built my jeep a new account and kept the old one active.

Almost an hour on hold and hour trying to explain my issues and get what I want. I'm getting a refund for the 3 months they charged me. I even seen the pending transaction from XM in my account before we end the session.

Sure enough they billed me again. Both vehicles do show up in my account. I changed the card number to something made up cause I couldn't remove it. Called again and they claim I'm not being clear that I only have 1 vehicle. I'm now waiting for an escalated ticket. They claim they don't retain their chat history so they can't see I was to get a refund.

BS. They owe me 4 months of payments back at $22 bucks a month. I paid $73 for the whole year. Why the F would I pay $22 a month.

btkrausen

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
by the way, i just got them to give me a package for $4.99/month for each vehicle on my account for 12 months

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
I have a question about Sirius/XM....Other than the stations (music) IS IT Required for any of the other features ?, such as that Guardian service or any other option like over air updates with UConnect or even Off Road Pages (if they even exist)....?
Guardian and SiriusXM radio are totally different services, despite the shared SiriusXM name. The Guardian you manage via the Jeep Wave website, and the radio you have to subscribe directly with SiriusXM.

c2m2h3

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Wrangler Sahara
I appreciate the reply.....I know Guardian is for more of the "On Star" like services.....and I believe for the app to remotely open you vehicle door locks and perhaps start it.....Is there anything else with Guardian I am missing ?

Sounds like not an option I need or want.....

Sponsored

Jelllo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
My sub is ready to expire and I got a offer in the mail for $5 a month for 6 months for the same package that the Jeep came with. Just logged on insert cc didn't have to talk to anyone. The website is just for the Canadian market, but the code may work for our US friends.
siriusxm.ca/keepsxm and the code is SAVE499FOR6

lumberjack357

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
Every six months:

Me: $5/mo or I walk.
Rajpal: I'm sorry sir, we don't have that offer right now
Rajpal: Sir, I wish I could, blame the government, they regulate our fees.
Rajpal: Sir, let me speak to my supervisor to see if he can do anything.
*wait 37 seconds*
Rajpal: Sir, my supervisor said since you are a loyal customer we can offer you $4.99/mo for the next six months. Does this make you happy?
Me: See you in six months Rajpal.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
They sent me emails for re-sub but I let it go. I really don't think it's worth the 10 per month. The music offerings aren't great, the channels drop constantly here in New England (low satellite?) and I didn't like the variety. I had a hard time picking the 10 presets! Down side to this is that the radio reception here is total crap, and CT radio suuuuuuxxxxxxx. I have spotify or apple radio on all the time now.

@CBEUnion

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU, 18 JL, 21 JL
My sub is ready to expire and I got a offer in the mail for $5 a month for 6 months for the same package that the Jeep came with. Just logged on insert cc didn't have to talk to anyone. The website is just for the Canadian market, but the code may work for our US friends.
siriusxm.ca/keepsxm and the code is SAVE499FOR6
Let us know how much they bang you for after the 6 months is up! :LOL:

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
when I had XM Radio years ago the Chill channel was pretty cool. But when Sirius took over they lumped in "deep house" with Chill. I just don't get it. Such annoying music.

Sponsored

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I sure do hope they keep playing Jackyl on Ozzy's Boneyard, though... I mean, who doesn't love Jackyl?? ;)
Haha. Thumbs up to that.

A cover band that covered "I Stand Alone" recruited me to play guitar for them in the early 90's. That song brings back extra fond memories.

TheRealTVGuy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.MyVillageRadio.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe
Not the constant nugent motorhead dio scorpions sabbath they normally play?
when I had XM Radio years ago the Chill channel was pretty cool. But when Sirius took over they lumped in "deep house" with Chill. I just don't get it. Such annoying music.
And can anyone tell me if Rob Thomas owns stock in SiriusXM? I swear I don’t understand how he STILL gets so much airplay...

Outlawd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 punk'n Rubicon unlimited, 1968 Plymouth GTX, 1969 Coronet R/T 440 BDS 871 blower 900hp
I've had xm for years and have yet to pay over 6 bucks per month / 75.00 year, you just gotta deal with them for a few minutes and your good for a year.

zmanz28

First Name
Zman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
i'm up at the end of may and looking into renewing since xm has a better selection to choose from then the fm. i'm looking at the $99 a year. add the tax it like $120. so that $10 / month. thats not a bad deal. i'm also thinking of just mailing in the payment vs doing it online.
You can get Spotify or some other streaming service for 10 bucks a month. A lot of talk radio, you can fina podcast or youtube of the show.

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
The thing with Spotify (or whatever comparable streaming service) is the associated data fees. I'm not a big cell phone guy, so I'm on a 356MB/month plan...yup, 356 megabytes lol

Spotify/comparable for 10 bucks a month plus overages on my data plan OR costs to upgrade my data plan just don't make sense. Sirius for 6 bucks a month, even if I don't love every song that comes on, is still a much better deal.

Although there are ways for most services to only download music/shows when you're on a metered connection, right? Basically like burning a CD back in the day. I guess I just don't want to do prep work to listen to stuff for little drives.
Sponsored