First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Punk'D Rubicon
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Hello, I would love to hear some opinions on which KC lights to install on my A pillars. I have both of the lights pictured in my garage ready for install but I made the mistake of asking my wife for her opinion and now can't decide.

IMG-0724.JPG

IMG-0725.JPG

IMG-0727.JPG
Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Interested as I may go with these lights. Mainly b/c that’s my initials :rock: haha. But also, what’s the difference between the two and what are you looking for?

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Camping mostly. I had the small ones on a 2 door JK and they worked pretty well. They are both LED's with a spot pattern. I am curious about wind noise with the larger 6" ones so I may just bolt those down and take them down the highway. I have a SOT top so keeping wind noise down is a must.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
I like the larger ones, however, what is the beam pattern? Spots are usually good on the A-pillar. Spread and driving patterns tend to reflect off the hood.
Edit: I figured out how to Edit! I vote for the larger ones.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
I like the larger ones, however, what is the beam pattern? Spots are usually good on the A-pillar. Spread and driving patterns tend to reflect off the hood.
Thank you for the reply- Spot pattern for both.

KC HiLiTES

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT, 1969 Wagoneer
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Lighting Adventures Since 1970
Hello, I would love to hear some opinions on which KC lights to install on my A pillars. I have both of the lights pictured in my garage ready for install but I made the mistake of asking my wife for her opinion and now can't decide.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC light opinions 61AE9C31-D12C-4190-AF57-1D7AA6EF48DA

I would recommend using your SlimLite LEDs on the A-Pillar. Then use your LZR300 on the front bumper angled out.

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
They look good though I prefer smaller ones like the pod lights.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Jeep Wrangler JL KC light opinions IMG_2444 copy

I like the one on the drivers side simply because I like the larger KC logo over the top. I suppose the smaller ones should make less wind noise at speed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jlang

jlang

First Name
JDawg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Yes! No drilling needed :)
If you have the factory steel bumper and drop a winch in it, you have to remove the covering for the opening to fit the winch. When doing so, this leaves you with 3 holes in the front of the bumper where the screws holding the cover went.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I installed LED Daylighters to my ‘19 yesterday. Had to drill out the mount to accommodate the larger bolt but makes it more unique.

Those look awesome! That classic logo reminds me of the lights that I loved seeing on lifted trucks when I was a kid. Was drilling the bracket the only mod required to mount the 7" lights? I've been trying to figure out why KC's website says you can't use Daylighters with their brackets.

I really want to put a set of the Daylighter spotlights on my JL for the deserted mountain roads in VT - many roads have no street lights, and no light pollution from nearby cities which makes it ~really~ dark up there!

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
@The Fixer The Daylighters use long giant 1/2" bolts, with two huge, rubber-inlaid, basically 2" fender washers to hold them secure. Smaller mounts probably don't have that large of a hole, nor clearance for the washers.

I also loved the classic smiley logo growing up, so I just made my own brackets.

Took four days, but finally finished the "custom" brackets to attach the Daxlighters to the plastic-bumper winch plate.

Two days of hitting stuff with hammers, then two days of watching paint dry.

The included wiring harness was exactly long enough to run passenger-side to battery, back across to driver-side, then under the cowl panel to the inside and behind the grab handle:

Also spliced in an intermittent switch mounted to the dead pedal:
With a name like yours, I'd bet you can too. I think you could also open the housing and switch to a smaller, shorter bolt, but don't tell KC...
Sponsored