Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
That’s kind of a bummer to hear but thanks for reaching out to them. I also talked to tech support on the phone though and the guy I talked to said the DRLs do work on the JLs, I just needed to buy a special wiring harness/headlight connector (something like that) to get the functionality since I was coming from halogens. (Fwiw he said this connector needed is more common on Euro Jeeps than US jeeps.) Obviously this is a little contradictory to what you were told, so I’m a little confused now...

He confirmed that I had the version of the headlight with the projector in the center and that is the version with the DRL; the DRL is the center projector on a dimmer level than the regular headlight output. He did say too that they made this work on their company JL by buying the correct wiring harness, and specifically cautioned against buying and off-brand harness (recommending the Mopar version), saying the off-brand one they got caused electrical issues. This seems like a very detailed conversation to have if it can’t be done... but that being said I have not been able to find this “Mopar DRL headlight connector” yet, closest thing I’ve found is something like this: Quadratec, but that sounds like it doesn’t work on sport trim models.

But OK, let’s assume the DRL function doesn’t just natively work with the JL, any thoughts on how to make it work?
Do you know who you talked to from KC who said that? I am going to screen shot this and send it to their head engineer. Sorry for the confusion. That Quadratec harness looks to be for marker lights not in the actual headlight. Kind of how I have my Ambers in my FE4 as a DRL. Or if you had a aftermarket halo. I am actually going to see the KC Gladiator this weekend. I can check to see if it has a DRL in their JT. I was told that it doesn't though, only the JK version does. If there was a separate wire that would turn on the DRL, you could tap in to it and use a fuse tap to make it a running light. I think it is all computer driven though. Again, sorry for the confusion. I will reach out to KC again with this screenshot.

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Do you know who you talked to from KC who said that? I am going to screen shot this and send it to their head engineer. Sorry for the confusion. That Quadratec harness looks to be for marker lights not in the actual headlight. Kind of how I have my Ambers in my FE4 as a DRL. Or if you had a aftermarket halo. I am actually going to see the KC Gladiator this weekend. I can check to see if it has a DRL in their JT. I was told that it doesn't though, only the JK version does. If there was a separate wire that would turn on the DRL, you could tap in to it and use a fuse tap to make it a running light. I think it is all computer driven though. Again, sorry for the confusion. I will reach out to KC again with this screenshot.
PM sent - didn't want to unnecessarily blast anybody in the forums.

In the last email I received it sounds like they in fact do not have a DRL, and the guy I was talking to is now saying I need to buy a separate wiring harness (not Mopar) to activate the fender DRLs, and the DRL is not in the headlight. I'm pretty sure the sport does not have fender DRLs though, even with a new connector.... could be wrong though.

IF this is still going to work - I'm rapidly losing hope - I'm wondering if this part could turn it on as a native connector between the headlight and jeep:
https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-jumper-68347117ab
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1616614074908

Anybody have any luck trying to add this with non-OEM headlights??
There another thread where people are talking about about installing OEM LED headlights on a sport/sport s and needing to buy this wiring harness to get the halos to work (as a DRL).

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
PM sent - didn't want to unnecessarily blast anybody in the forums.

In the last email I received it sounds like they in fact do not have a DRL, and the guy I was talking to is now saying I need to buy a separate wiring harness (not Mopar) to activate the fender DRLs, and the DRL is not in the headlight. I'm pretty sure the sport does not have fender DRLs though, even with a new connector.... could be wrong though.

IF this is still going to work - I'm rapidly losing hope - I'm wondering if this part could turn it on as a native connector between the headlight and jeep:
https://www.moparfactoryparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-wiring-jumper-68347117ab
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1616614074908

Anybody have any luck trying to add this with non-OEM headlights??
There another thread where people are talking about about installing OEM LED headlights on a sport/sport s and needing to buy this wiring harness to get the halos to work (as a DRL).
I see the PM message. I'll check it out.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Slammed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLRU ,2010 Kia Soul
I’m doing a pair of slim lights on front bumper, flex era 4 on the pillar,and want to do 4 cyclones. I want to just run the cyclones to the courtesy lights under the dash. Will that circuit be ok to wire 4 of them in to?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I’m doing a pair of slim lights on front bumper, flex era 4 on the pillar,and want to do 4 cyclones. I want to just run the cyclones to the courtesy lights under the dash. Will that circuit be ok to wire 4 of them in to?
Sounds like a good set up. I am not sure what the courtesy light circuit is rated for. I've heard people doing it though with no issues. I would temp it all in before doing a permanent install. Make sure no fuses blow.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! MoabAtNight

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! GOPR0469 - 1080

Love these Amber Cyclones in the rear bumper.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Here is it, the break down between the new Flex Era 4 and the Pro6!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

aham23

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Anyone know how I can chop up this harness to wire the RGB Rock lights to my Aux switches?

I’m a little confused as the power (red) runs from the battery to the switch. I assume it runs back to the lights via the blue when the switch is turned on. I don’t want the switch though.

Not sure what to cut and what to keep or what to add. :)

54FE8C7D-AA18-4AB1-9CB5-FF47E7C7870B.jpeg

57138F4F-ABDA-4618-8AB1-E925A6553690.jpeg
Sponsored