Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

DEVIL JL

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro-Touring
Basically you run each light to the fuse block. You can add a couple of lights to each circuit to eliminate so many runs. I am actually installing this on Saturday. I am putting 2 Cyclones on each run. 4 runs total. 2 in the front, 2 in the rear, 2 on driver side and 2 on passenger side. I ordered 2 additional cyclone since the kit comes with 6 and not 8.

The Red Wire coming from the KC Fuse Block, you would tie into your fused output of your Mopar switches. Switch 3 or 4 are rated at 15 AMPS. This kit is rated at 10 AMPS. You can easily swap out that factory 15 AMP mirco fuse to a 10 to match.

Then run the Black Wire from Negative on Battery to the provided KC Ground Post.

The Yellow Wire with the 10AMP In-Line Fuse will not be needed if you swap that factory 15 for a 10.

The RED from the lights land on the fused outputs of the terminal block. The BLACK from the lights will land on the GROUND post.
Thanks! So I get the wiring to the block for the lights. I am a bit confused on the other wires.

Can I cut off the yellow wire with inline fuse and link that up in between the red wire and the factory aux wire? I used inline fuses with my other lighting wiring because autozone did not have those micro fuses. I want to do the same for these.

When you say “Then run the Black Wire from Negative on Battery to the provided KC Ground Post” what do you mean? Since I am not using the switch that comes with the kit, I will be not be needing the three connectors here in the photo. But what do I do with these 2 black wires? I know one goes to ground and the other to negative battery, but since I am not using the included switch, these are now not connected to anything.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 4E11DB7B-65AC-4D65-9D05-BE1A4E00FA9D

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! A6BF9714-635F-48DE-A049-B09822B025CE
Sponsored

crbrenny

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting Grey; 2021 JLR Gecko
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The Edits you made to the schematic will work fine. Don’t over think the grounds, just be sure all the lights get grounded and you’ll be good.:like:

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
I finally pulled the trigger and got the gravity pro headlights... well I did back in February but I guess there were some supply issues because I just got them two days ago. But I got them installed last night and I’m pumped! i think they look great, can’t wait to really test them. Better pictures to come...

I was hoping you or someone at KC (do they have an account here?) could help me with the DRLs... I installed the headlights with the can bus adapter and everything was plug n play so I assumed there’s no extra wiring needed. I have a sport and had halogen lights, I also have a flashcal and bypass module and I set the Jeep’s computer to be LED lights with DRL on but they do not come on. I assume there’s something simple I’m missing but can’t really find any resources online of people setting up DRLs on a plug n play module/connector like this.
A4C2BD56-814F-409B-BE87-82C791563479.jpeg
98C4C0FA-F2F3-412D-A999-90B06A1858C8.jpeg

Now I just need to upgrade the fogs, I think they look pretty weak in comparison and basically put out no light compared to the gravities.
Looks great! I love those lights, especially the high beams.
The DRL feature on the factory LEDs are the halo ring. These don't have a halo or specific DRL. Only the on off and auto switch on the left of your dash. I'll check to see if there is a way to get the lights to turn on auto though as a DRL feature.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! So I get the wiring to the block for the lights. I am a bit confused on the other wires.

Can I cut off the yellow wire with inline fuse and link that up in between the red wire and the factory aux wire? I used inline fuses with my other lighting wiring because autozone did not have those micro fuses. I want to do the same for these.

When you say “Then run the Black Wire from Negative on Battery to the provided KC Ground Post” what do you mean? Since I am not using the switch that comes with the kit, I will be not be needing the three connectors here in the photo. But what do I do with these 2 black wires? I know one goes to ground and the other to negative battery, but since I am not using the included switch, these are now not connected to anything.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! A6BF9714-635F-48DE-A049-B09822B025CE

Your picture is correct.
You can cut off the inline fuse from the yellow and tie it between the Main Red feeding the fuse block and your Mopar Switch Leg.
The 3rd black going to the KC switch is not needed. Just a run between the negative from the battery and to the KC ground post.
Then run all of the lights to the KC fuse bock and the KC ground post.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_8029
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_8030
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_8033
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_9722

Got the Cyclones installed over the weekend. I put 8 under the Jeep.
4 on Each side. Front Bumper, Front Door, Rear Door, Rear Bumper.
Then I made a bracket out of ABS plastic and mounted a dual input diode and relay.
I can turn on the lights with my Trigger Switch System, or for momentary with the key fob courtesy light when unlocking.
I ran 4 circuits, 2 cyclones per. Front bumper, drive side, passenger side and rear bumper.
This is obviously way overkill than what is needed.

Sponsored

DEVIL JL

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro-Touring
The Edits you made to the schematic will work fine. Don’t over think the grounds, just be sure all the lights get grounded and you’ll be good.:like:
Your picture is correct.
You can cut off the inline fuse from the yellow and tie it between the Main Red feeding the fuse block and your Mopar Switch Leg.
The 3rd black going to the KC switch is not needed. Just a run between the negative from the battery and to the KC ground post.
Then run all of the lights to the KC fuse bock and the KC ground post.
Thank you for the help!

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
@gen
Looks great! I love those lights, especially the high beams.
The DRL feature on the factory LEDs are the halo ring. These don't have a halo or specific DRL. Only the on off and auto switch on the left of your dash. I'll check to see if there is a way to get the lights to turn on auto though as a DRL feature.
Thanks, I like the look too. On KC's website it says "DOT compliant low and high beam with built-in daytime running light". So is this a mistake? After installing them I thought maybe the DRL feature doesn't automatically work with my jeep because I was coming from halogens. But I figured the turning that feature on with a flashcal might allow it to work... maybe I need new electrical hardware to make it work, since I didn't have any factory DRLs?

But like you said maybe there isn't any DRL functionality built-in and the website is incorrect?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@gen

Thanks, I like the look too. On KC's website it says "DOT compliant low and high beam with built-in daytime running light". So is this a mistake? After installing them I thought maybe the DRL feature doesn't automatically work with my jeep because I was coming from halogens. But I figured the turning that feature on with a flashcal might allow it to work... maybe I need new electrical hardware to make it work, since I didn't have any factory DRLs?

But like you said maybe there isn't any DRL functionality built-in and the website is incorrect?
Mine also does not work as a DRL. I see where it says that on the website though. I sent this to KC's head engineer and website guy. I am waiting for a response. I will update as soon as I hear back from them.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! Can you show pics of how you mounted?
Thanks! Here are the locations I used and how I mounted them.

img_8052-jpg.jpg

Here is the front fenders. I pulled out the stock bolt with a 10mm and added the bracket and hardware from KC. Fits almost perfect under the fender turn signal on the Rubicon Fenders. Ignore my fender liner, they got eaten up by my tire, lol.

img_8054-jpg.jpg

This is the one next to driver door. It is using one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. I picked up a stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

img_8055-jpg.jpg

This is the one next to rear door. It is using another one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. Using the another stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

img_8056-jpg.jpg

The rear is right on the corner behind the rear bumper. I used Rubber Coated Magnets with a M6 stud. https://amzn.to/3tmBXNH

These are all pictures of the driver side. It is the same on the passenger side. 8 Cyclones total.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@gen

Mine also does not work as a DRL. I see where it says that on the website though. I sent this to KC's head engineer and website guy. I am waiting for a response. I will update as soon as I hear back from them.
Just got word back. Sorry to say, but the DRL is only applicable to the JK. It was a copy and paste error on the website from the JK to the JL. They are going to fix the website description. Something about the JL ECU not working with the feature. Other headlights run a circuit off the light to a fuse tap to get their lights to work as a DRL for halos.

Sponsored

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Here are the locations I used and how I mounted them.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! img_8056-

Here is the front fenders. I pulled out the stock bolt with a 10mm and added the bracket and hardware from KC. Fits almost perfect under the fender turn signal on the Rubicon Fenders. Ignore my fender liner, they got eaten up by my tire, lol.

This is the one next to driver door. It is using one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. I picked up a stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

This is the one next to rear door. It is using another one of the stock mounting locations for Rubicon Rock Rails. Using the another stainless steel M8-1.25 x 25 Socket Head Cap Bolt to screw in to this stock mounting location.

The rear is right on the corner behind the rear bumper. I used Rubber Coated Magnets with a M6 stud. https://amzn.to/3tmBXNH

These are all pictures of the driver side. It is the same on the passenger side. 8 Cyclones total.
WOW!!! Well done! Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures, awesome write up, and providing the link for the magnets. Seriously, well done!!!!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
WOW!!! Well done! Thanks for taking the time to take the pictures, awesome write up, and providing the link for the magnets. Seriously, well done!!!!
Thanks Todd! I appreciate that. Those magnets are really cool. My buddy used them to mount all of his cyclones. I actually bought them for my cyclones under my hood for engine bay light, then realized that the hood was aluminum and would not work. They worked out great in the rear corner though.

JLRyder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Gravity pro headlights installed! 10,000% improvement over stock halogen.

E6CB78DD-5DB0-452C-AF7D-7A426815EBFA.jpeg

C2E49D99-5FB2-49AA-9DBC-905CEFD99822.jpeg

_thewick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Just got word back. Sorry to say, but the DRL is only applicable to the JK. It was a copy and paste error on the website from the JK to the JL. They are going to fix the website description. Something about the JL ECU not working with the feature. Other headlights run a circuit off the light to a fuse tap to get their lights to work as a DRL for halos.
That’s kind of a bummer to hear but thanks for reaching out to them. I also talked to tech support on the phone though and the guy I talked to said the DRLs do work on the JLs, I just needed to buy a special wiring harness/headlight connector (something like that) to get the functionality since I was coming from halogens. (Fwiw he said this connector needed is more common on Euro Jeeps than US jeeps.) Obviously this is a little contradictory to what you were told, so I’m a little confused now...

He confirmed that I had the version of the headlight with the projector in the center and that is the version with the DRL; the DRL is the center projector on a dimmer level than the regular headlight output. He did say too that they made this work on their company JL by buying the correct wiring harness, and specifically cautioned against buying and off-brand harness (recommending the Mopar version), saying the off-brand one they got caused electrical issues. This seems like a very detailed conversation to have if it can’t be done... but that being said I have not been able to find this “Mopar DRL headlight connector” yet, closest thing I’ve found is something like this: Quadratec, but that sounds like it doesn’t work on sport trim models.

But OK, let’s assume the DRL function doesn’t just natively work with the JL, any thoughts on how to make it work?