Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
So in stock for ET and still processing...makes me believe there might be shenanigans going on here. I might be canceling my order due to the black hole of information on the order that aligns well with my online ordering lately.

Can I get the part number you used for your conversation from halogen so I don’t waste more time on the wrong kit?

Would really like to buy KC but even their website shows no email/phone/contact info..
I had the same issues when trying to buy those lights from ET, they kept going on back order and I'd cancel, only to order again when they came back in stock.

They contacted me today (after I contacted them again) to let me know they were still trying to source the canbus decoders. I usually have no issues with ET, and have bought a lot of stuff from them.

I agree that KC is very helpful, they are the ones that contacted ET telling them what I needed. I thought since they did that the issue would get resolved quickly. The only reason I didn't buy straight form KC was because their site said the kit they sold was only for Jeeps with the LED package.
Sponsored

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Did your lights come with the white lettering?
No, they came with the standard yellow letters over black background. But I ordered custom car stickers that overlay the yellow letters. You can download the template from KC and have an online printing company make them for you. You can have them made in many different colors. Here is the company that I used. They seem to be heavy duty, weather resistant, stickers and I expect them to last many years. https://www.makestickers.com/

Bushwick18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
I have the C3’s mounted on a roll cage bar by Motor City - after I bought it they modified the listing to say it only fits the 4-door...stubbornness and a drill proved that wrong...lol. The big washers you can see at the mounting bolts are to hide my determined drilling.

I routed the wiring inside the trim panels, across under the floor to joint he second light and then behind trim panels to front and the aux. switch wiring.

2A8CB07F-F9D0-4D53-A5B9-E7F4E82253F6.jpeg

1D45FE79-D3EA-4AD8-9B80-D62CC289791F.jpeg

8991024E-0A45-4B78-A8F9-8D271A503970.jpeg
What bags are those on the bars?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Well, I spoke too soon. The canbus decoders I tried to use are still not totally correcting the issue. I still have no high beams in both lights, only one.

I'm starting to think I may have made an expensive mistake purchasing these lights. I'll have to contact KC directly again. Hate to be a downer on this thread.
So in stock for ET and still processing...makes me believe there might be shenanigans going on here. I might be canceling my order due to the black hole of information on the order that aligns well with my online ordering lately.

Can I get the part number you used for your conversation from halogen so I don’t waste more time on the wrong kit?

Would really like to buy KC but even their website shows no email/phone/contact info..
I have found KC to be very responsive whenever I contact them via their website. Just click on HELP at the top of their page, then click on CONTACT US. A message form comes up that allows you to message them. I have used that method perhaps a half dozen times the last few months and they have always responded via email within a day or two at the most. Once they respond via email, I have had email conversations with them where they respond within a matter of hours each time. You might give that a try, and hopefully you will have the great results that I have had.
Hey guys,

If possible, I would buy the headlights from KC direct rather than ET. It will come with the needed canbus with the lights. Not sure why the ET one wouldn't. If you already have the light without it, I would reach out to KC direct to see if you get get one from then.

You can reach them at 1-888-689-5955. Leave a number if the calls are full, someone will call you back. Or email them with this link... https://support.kchilites.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

They are really good at getting back to people.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Dirty and partly shaded but here are my Pro6.

Have some KC Flex single pods that I will be mounting as ditch lights once I make a bracket that bolts to the pillar mount.
Next will be amber fogs.

1E243690-2F4C-4D57-957F-7EC088B8F529.jpeg
Love those covers! Looking good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

You can buy direct from KC at https://bit.ly/34crYjV plus get 10% off with promo code KCJEEPGEN. You can also call them at 1-888-689-5955.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks I’ll let you know how it works out, the description on ET stated any Jeep jl, other sites like Quadratec specifically stated for jl w/ led package. We will see :)
It works for both LED and Halogen equipped JL/JT. The KC kit comes with both adaptors needed. One for LED package, and with the canbus adaptor for the Halogen package.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Last evening I installed the KC Flex ERA 4 lights on the cowl mounts. The install was easy. I wired them to two of my factory aux switches, one for the amber back lights and one for the main lights. Everything works great! White letter KC decals coming soon to match the Flex 4 covers to the light bar covers.
Flex 4 Three.jpg
Flex 4 Two.jpg
Flex Era 4 Four.jpg
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_9591
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_9593
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_9597.JPG

Nice. Looks good. I added some FE4 over the weekend also. I added a relay and hooked up the amber back light as a running light.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Here is a clip of what one FE4 is able to do. I had it temped in to my battery to test it out before install. This is 1 Combo Beam Pattern Flex Era 4.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I got my Flex Era 4's installed this week. I was going to use a Switch-Pros PDM for power supply and switching but I won't have it in time for EJS. So...I did a standard install using the included switch and wire harness.

I went with a cowl location for my install and used the mount from Rock Hard 4x4. I liked that it wasn't some big ass bracket.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/kc-hilites-flex-era-4-install.67320/

Nice install! It came out looking good.

Sponsored

JPAloha

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2 door, 2022 JL Rubicon 4xE
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Accredited Financial Planner
Vehicle Showcase

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
I just got my KC lights yesterday, got off work a little early today. Went pretty fast, the AUX switches make this install fast. I have one question the center bracket that is suppose to push on the light bar, should this be pushing on the glass or window frame? I could not find this in the instructions.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 78473925-5A97-45A9-97B6-7B3B9226298D
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 4279DFAE-D925-424B-A56A-C711754A1A67

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I just got my KC lights yesterday, got off work a little early today. Went pretty fast, the AUX switches make this install fast. I have one question the center bracket that is suppose to push on the light bar, should this be pushing on the glass or window frame? I could not find this in the instructions.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 4279DFAE-D925-424B-A56A-C711754A1A67
I have the same light bar, and I have that center stop pushing on the white area just above the window glass. I believe that if you have it on the glass, the windshield wiper will hit it when the wipers are on.

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Hey Brian, I don't remember if you were the guy that asked me about how I converted my KC light covers from yellow letters to white letters but here is a link to the company that I used. Very easy to do. You can get the template from KC and upload it to this company and have stickers printed that overlay the fronts of the stock covers. Results were excellent and they seem like they will last for years.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! KC Covers
https://www.makestickers.com/products/custom-stickers/circle-stickers
Sponsored