Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Snow

Love the snow!
Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great! Have you tried curving the bar at all? I have mine curved between lights 2/3 and 6/7. Makes a big difference with light spread.
How do you curve the bar?

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Looks great! Have you tried curving the bar at all? I have mine curved between lights 2/3 and 6/7. Makes a big difference with light spread.
I did the full index, I like the spread. I like to have some light in my peripheral. Probably need to add some ditch lights on the cowl mounts but I don't have any light gaps with the bar fully indexed.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
How do you curve the bar?
upload_2020-4-10_12-40-16-png.png

upload_2020-4-10_12-39-26-png.png

Hello Michael,

Basically you loosen the larger bolt, then remove the smaller bolt. Curve the bar, then re-install the bolt in the new hole, then tighten down the larger bolt. Pictures above.

I have the Semi-Radius, 2/3 and 6/7 curved. Makes a huge difference with the light spread compared to the straight set up.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I did the full index, I like the spread. I like to have some light in my peripheral. Probably need to add some ditch lights on the cowl mounts but I don't have any light gaps with the bar fully indexed.
I currently have the Pro6 Wide-40 on my A-Pillar angled out and down. I think I may switch them out for the new FE4 Combo Lens. Comes out next Friday.

Sponsored

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks..... Also I have been trying to buy lights from them for many months now..... As you can see I have a few.... when I talked to KC they told me just to wait they have a few more options coming out..... So I will wait.... In the mean time I will adjust my light array .....

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thanks..... Also I have been trying to buy lights from them for many months now..... As you can see I have a few.... when I talked to KC they told me just to wait they have a few more options coming out..... So I will wait.... In the mean time I will adjust my light array .....
What lights are you looking for? I know they took down the Flex 10", as they have a new version coming out. They just came out with the FlexEra3 and next Friday the FlexEra4 comes out.

Yellowstone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ
How is everybody routing the wire up the A-pillar for the pro6 light bar on the JL/JT? The KC mount is really nice and flush with the A-pillar so there is no room to tuck the wire under it.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 684E947E-CAA3-4F4A-9283-2035F3C1ED4B

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
How is everybody routing the wire up the A-pillar for the pro6 light bar on the JL/JT? The KC mount is really nice and flush with the A-pillar so there is no room to tuck the wire under it.
684E947E-CAA3-4F4A-9283-2035F3C1ED4B.jpeg

At 22:16 in this video, I show how I ran the wire up. It should be timed stamped in the video link to take you right there. KC also has a wire trim for this also. I haven't seen it in person, so I don't know the details. I've had it ran this way from the video for over a year with no issues. You cant really see the cable unless you are looking for it.

Side note, I have also curved the bar between lights 2/3 and 6/7 since the time I filmed the video. I am a big fan of the extra spread it provides. Wouldn't seem like it would do much, but it makes a difference.

Sponsored

HeatBird

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
79' Corvette 4 spd. 21'Willys 2dr. 6 spd.
Occupation
Retired
Awesome. Make sure to post some pictures when you get them installed.
Got the lights, (stubby bumper, skid plate, winch plate, and winch), installed yesterday during our 2nd snow storm in 4 days. Was a fun experience. A special shout out to my friend Chet, (McGyver), for his help. I couldn't have done this job by myself at all!

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Jeep_X

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Jeep_VIII

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! Jeep_I

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for that video link. I tried it that way and it doesn’t quite fit for me. But the tip about the KC wire trim was a very good one. See this link. Could be a perfect solution!

KC Wire Hider Trim

I forgot that KC made a video of that. Here is their video for the wire hider trim.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Got the lights, (stubby bumper, winch plate, and winch), installed yesterday during our 2nd snow storm in 4 days. Was a fun experience. A special shout out to my friend Chet, (McGyver), for his help. I couldn't have done this job by myself at all!

Looks great!

mark090852

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wranger Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for that video link. I tried it that way and it doesn’t quite fit for me. But the tip about the KC wire trim was a very good one. See this link. Could be a perfect solution!

KC Wire Hider Trim
I have the KC Wire
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! WH 1
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! WH 2
Hider Trim for my install. It seems to be working very well.
Sponsored