Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Does anyone know if the Gravity light bar makes any wind noise?

Thank you
I don't notice any with my set up. I have the KC JL Bracket with the 8 light bar and curved between 2-3 and 6-7.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Call me interested... for pillar mounting. Question as it has two power leads, and the combo is both amber back lit and spot how would this install on a Jeep with aux switches and/or aftermarket switch controls (s-pod etc)?
Im expecting my lights any day now, Ill let you know how they need to be wired. my only confusion is the yellow wire that connects to the switch. i need to have a closer look at the harness to see how the back light and led's work independently... more soon, hang tight.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_8031.JPG

Here is the wiring diagram for the Flex Era 3.
The Reds coming off of the harness to the relay is the Positive for the Main Light, if you add it to a AUX Switch System, make sure that it is protected by a 25A or lower fuse. Do not exceed 25A for protection. The White wires coming off of the harness to the switch is the Positive for the Amber Back Light. If you add it to a AUX Switch System or a ignition wire for a DRL feature, make sure that it is protected by a 3A fuse. Do not exceed 3A for protection. You can use their inline fuse if needed to make sure you keep the correct amperage protection. They both share the same ground/negative, the Black wires coming off the of the harness.

*** Note that KC did not design the FE3 to have Amber and White on at the same time. So take caution if you attempt to do this yourself ***

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information.

Last edited:

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! IMG_8031.JPG

Here is the wiring diagram for the Flex Era 3.
The Reds coming off of the harness to the relay is the Positive for the Main Light, if you add it to a AUX Switch System, make sure that it is protected by a 25A or lower fuse. Do not exceed 25A for protection. The White wires coming off of the harness to the switch is the Positive for the Amber Back Light. If you add it to a AUX Switch System or a ignition wire for a DRL feature, make sure that it is protected by a 3A fuse. Do not exceed 3A for protection. You can use their inline fuse if needed to make sure you keep the correct amperage protection. They both share the same ground/negative, the Black wires coming off the of the harness.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any other information.
Yep, I had inverted the purposes of the green and white to the switch, I have corrected that in my post over on page 25. Either way it still works, but the switches will do the opposite of the expected outcome.
thanks Kev,!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep Generation and @WTFSoCal which beam pattern do you recommend for the A pillar if I have the gravity pro6 light bar and Flex combo 10in light bar on my winch? Originally for the pro6 I was thinking of getting spot, should I just do the same for the Flex 3?

I still have to see how the lighting works for it, so the main beam is white, and the backlight is amber? I'll have to do more research tonight. And the amber backlight as daytime lights sound intriguing as well.
If you have the 8 Light Pro6 Bar (Driving in the Center and Wide 40s on the Ends / highly recommend adding some curve to the bar) and 10" Flex Combo ( Spots in the Center and Spread on the Ends) and you are looking to add some A-Pillar lights, I would do either....
Pro6 Wide 40s angled out and down for ditch lights, or
FlexEra3 Combo Beam angled out and down for ditch lights.
You wont really need Spots if you have the Pro6 bar and Flex bar.

I think using the Amber Back Light on the FlexEra3 as a DRL or if you have Amber Fogs, it would be cool to have the Amber Back Light trigger on with those fogs would be cool. *** Note that KC did not design the FE3 to have Amber and White on at the same time. So take caution if you attempt to do this yourself ***

Last edited:

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I think for an A pillar. light, combo is the way to go, you want to spread that light as wide as you can to get a better field of view in the dark.
The amber backlights in the Era3s use so little power, you could easily splice them in to your running lights without a need for a larger fuse or a relay... Im getting mine tomorrow, so Ill get em wired up ASAP and get some pics up !
If you have the 8 Light Pro6 Bar (Driving in the Center and Wide 40s on the Ends / highly recommend adding some curve to the bar) and 10" Flex Combo ( Spots in the Center and Spread on the Ends) and you are looking to add some A-Pillar lights, I would do either....
Pro6 Wide 40s angled out and down for ditch lights, or
FlexEra3 Combo Beam angled out and down for ditch lights.
You wont really need Spots if you have the Pro6 bar and Flex bar.

I think using the Amber Back Light on the FlexEra3 as a DRL or if you have Amber Fogs, it would be cool to have the Amber Back Light trigger on with those fogs would be cool. *** Note that KC did not design the FE3 to have Amber and White on at the same time. So take caution if you attempt to do this yourself ***
So uh...good thing my uncle with his JT doesn't visit the forums...cause I told him to get the spots for his Flex duals on his A-pillar (he has similar setup in lighting in the front as mine, minus the flex led bar on the winch) :LOL:

I'll need to come up with an excuse if he sees that I have the combo beam pattern on my flex 3's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Alright @WTFSoCal , I know you got your FE3 lights today, lol. Lets see them!

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Another stalker alert!

I'll second the motion. Saw them on IG. Bring out the goods!
Wating for the darkness to " Light my adventure " :-P

Sponsored

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Beautiful John!!!
thanks man !
I have to say, the Era 3 with just the backlight on, reminds me of a worker bee from some Pixar/Disney movie :) they are awesome none the less, i think they look killer.

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks man !
I have to say, the Era 3 with just the backlight on, reminds me of a worker bee from some Pixar/Disney movie :) they are awesome none the less, i think they look killer.
Did you get any of the lens covers, amber or clear?

Did you end up wiring the ambers to DRL's?

WTFSoCal

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Network/Systems Engineer
Did you get any of the lens covers, amber or clear?

Did you end up wiring the ambers to DRL's?
I got some intel that running both at the same time my void the warranty, so I did not connect them to the DRL cicuit. Im waiting for more clarification before i do such.
I did order some amber covers as well as a new hat and a t shirt :)

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got some intel that running both at the same time my void the warranty, so I did not connect them to the DRL cicuit. Im waiting for more clarification before i do such.
I did order some amber covers as well as a new hat and a t shirt :)
Interadesting! Keep me posted when you get the clarification please!

track.n.trail

First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Software Engineer
Hope they come out with something like the Flex Era 3 but bigger. I'd run a 5 or 6 light version on my front bumper!
Sponsored