Sponsored

KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here!

m3lover1

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR, 2007 Yamaha R6
I have the gravity pro6 light bar and their gravity amber led fog lights. The pro6 light bar is my birthday gift from my uncle!

Next I will be putting the gravity pro6 on my A pillars, once I figure out how to mount it with my rack in the way. I will also be getting their chase lightbar for the rear, and the flex lightbar for the front winch mount.

ne1pRjT.jpg

W9nYxxs.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Willys, 1999 TJ Sport, 1966 CJ5-A
Alright, so basic question for @Burt @HappyJeeper and @Jeep Generation :
i want to replace my OEM LED fogs (white, 50w I believe). I also want something that either uses the OEM harness, or plugs into the OEM harness location and can handle water exposure (a few trails I run have some water crossings). I know KC has solid rep and legit projects. do they have any offerings? I've been looking here and there and haven't been able to confirm this with any lights. I like the lights that Burt and Happy posted, so something similar to that.
EDIT: Does not need to fit in any OEM spots. I have a Motobilt bumper and so it would likely get bolted onto the top of that.

Bonus if they come with the smiley covers, or if they're 6" round (I have old smiley covers I can use). I know a little about lighting (beams, lenses, and colors based on what I'm reading in this thread) but not much. Thanks!

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596318293444

Hi Scott,

The KC Fogs for the JL kits come with the waterproof connectors to go from the factory harness to the KC Fog. Here are the ones that I use. You can see in this IG video that I completely submerge them underwater going through the water crossing. Same with the Flex lights. No issues. They have different kits depending on what bumper you have and if you want Clear or Amber LEDs like I have. The 6" round lights that KC offers are not Street Legal Fogs, so they have different connectors. The beam patterns are different on the 6" lights and only the Driving Beam is Street Legal on the 6". The Factory Size 4" Fogs like the one I use, is Street Legal.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Here to help.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I have the gravity pro6 light bar and their gravity amber led fog lights. The pro6 light bar is my birthday gift from my uncle!

Next I will be putting the gravity pro6 on my A pillars, once I figure out how to mount it with my rack in the way. I will also be getting their chase lightbar for the rear, and the flex lightbar for the front winch mount.

Looks amazing!

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Hi Scott,

The KC Fogs for the JL kits come with the waterproof connectors to go from the factory harness to the KC Fog. Here are the ones that I use. You can see in this IG video that I completely submerge them underwater going through the water crossing. Same with the Flex lights. No issues. They have different kits depending on what bumper you have and if you want Clear or Amber LEDs like I have. The 6" round lights that KC offers are not Street Legal Fogs, so they have different connectors. The beam patterns are different on the 6" lights and only the Driving Beam is Street Legal on the 6". The Factory Size 4" Fogs like the one I use, is Street Legal.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Here to help.
Awesome. This definitely clears up some questions. How would those 4" ones you posted mount on top of the bumper? OR do they just mount in a bumper? I've got no accommodations for mounting lights inside my bumper (Without a bunch of fabrication), and honestly it may not be the best idea for ease of use/ access/ replacement. I've been looking at different kits but have no idea what I'm looking at or what would work well for my application (Street legal driving/ fog light to replace the factory ones) on a Jeep, so this helped. Thanks!

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Awesome. This definitely clears up some questions. How would those 4" ones you posted mount on top of the bumper? OR do they just mount in a bumper? I've got no accommodations for mounting lights inside my bumper (Without a bunch of fabrication), and honestly it may not be the best idea for ease of use/ access/ replacement. I've been looking at different kits but have no idea what I'm looking at or what would work well for my application (Street legal driving/ fog light to replace the factory ones) on a Jeep, so this helped. Thanks!
They have the same Fogs with different brackets on them. The bracket on mine probably wouldn't work for you. Can you send me a picture of your Jeep and bumper? Either on this thread, or private message or DM on Instagram. I can help you with some ideas if you want.

Sponsored

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
The beam patterns are different on the 6" lights and only the Driving Beam is Street Legal on the 6". The Factory Size 4" Fogs like the one I use, is Street Legal.
Does this include the 6" that come in a fog beam (e.g. Apollo Pro 6" Halogens)?

Also, happen to know what the max wattage the OEM fog circuit can handle? Will 100W fogs overload anything? It seems like it's a combined 40A fuse for all/most external lights?

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
@Jeep Generation Here it is has a license plate bracket that flips down over the fairlead. I can get some other shots from other angles from my build threads if you need.
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596504588689
Hi Scott,
If you want SAE J583 & ECE-R19 Street Legal Fogs that you can run anytime to work with that bumper, you could use the Gravity® LED G4 Universal LED Fog in either Clear or Amber. You can drill a couple of holes in the top of the bumper for the bolts, or use UNIVERSAL TUBE CLAMP MOUNTS on your bumper's hoop, or try a Fairlead Light Mount. Just need something to bolt the fog light to.

You would need to either modify your factory harness to work with the Deutsch harness that comes with the G4, or if you want plug and play, use the JK/JL 10-18 H16 to DT Fog Light Adapters - #63072.

Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596503123825 Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596503277779 Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596503082617 Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596503406474 Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 1596503479513

Same type of set up if you want to use 6" SAE/ECE Driving Patterns on your bumper. I would run a switch for that, not use your factory fog harness. Or if you don't want SAE lights, but want lights on your bumper, you can do other things with the same idea.

If you click on the Underlined words or the pictures, they will take you to the products for your review. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions. You can also get 10% off on these KC items right now using KCJEEPGEN.

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
This is awesome @Jeep Generation . Thank you so much for your super detailed response and all the time/ effort you put into this to help me out. I'm going to check out these links and see what fits into the budget/ long term build plan. I will definitely use your code when I pull the trigger. I will say, after looking at some of the setups in this thread, I'm leaning toward running some KC's on my cowl as well.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Does this include the 6" that come in a fog beam (e.g. Apollo Pro 6" Halogens)?

Also, happen to know what the max wattage the OEM fog circuit can handle? Will 100W fogs overload anything? It seems like it's a combined 40A fuse for all/most external lights?
I don't believe that the Fog Beams on the Apollo Halogens are SAE listed. Would need to use them similar to your high beams, shut them off for on coming traffic or if someone is in front of you. I wouldn't put the 100W Apollo on the stock JL Fog harness either, it has a big draw. I would run a new harness and switch if you wanted to install those.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
This is awesome @Jeep Generation . Thank you so much for your super detailed response and all the time/ effort you put into this to help me out. I'm going to check out these links and see what fits into the budget/ long term build plan. I will definitely use your code when I pull the trigger. I will say, after looking at some of the setups in this thread, I'm leaning toward running some KC's on my cowl as well.
No problem, here to help. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 26
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! 22

Love the Ambers!

maddscot

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon Wrangler Unlimited
Dropping off this thread but wanted to thank y’all for the insight and suggestions. The recommended lights are perfect for my needs. @Jeep Generation thanks for the guidance (following ya on YouTube).
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! F31B1CAE-5E30-4A49-B64C-FE42700D7314

OP
OP
Jeep Generation

Jeep Generation

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Dropping off this thread but wanted to thank y’all for the insight and suggestions. The recommended lights are perfect for my needs. @Jeep Generation thanks for the guidance (following ya on YouTube).
Jeep Wrangler JL KC HiLites - Pictures / Videos Post Here! F31B1CAE-5E30-4A49-B64C-FE42700D7314
Thanks Bob, I really appreciate that. Your JL looks great!!!

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone installed the 6 cyclone rock light kit to an SPOD? For some reason all the individual wires for each light to the KC fuse block is confusing.
Can I just run the red wire direct from the fuse block to my SPOD

Thanks
Sponsored